Arcane Guardians

Chapter 11

"Sintry?" I asked looking at his half covered face. "Who the heck do ya think it is?" Sintry said. His hood was completly off now. I lifted my hand and punched his shoulder. "Don't scare me again!" I yelled at him. "Dang! What's with you and being loud?" Sintry was rubbing his shoulder. "What's with you and scaring me?" I asked back. "I don't try to scare you. I just say hi to you and you scream. Not my fault that you get scared." Sintry walked around me. "Where are you going?" I asked Sintry as I followed him. "Getting some wood for the fire tonight." Sintry slowed his pace so I could walk beside him. "Why?" I asked walking beside him at a steady pace. "Nothing else to do around here," Sintry said keeping his eyes forward. "Ya. There isn't anything to do here." I slowed down and stopped. Sintry stopped and turned around. "Why'd you stop." Sintry walked closer. "Well... I can see that you and I don't get along to well, so I thought that you'd wanna go alone." I sat down. Sintry had one of his eyebrows raised. "That's true, but you can come along and help carry some wood." Sintry face looked calm and welcoming. I looked up at him- surprized that he invited me to go with him. "Come on. We better go before the sun goes down." Sintry held out his hand. I took his hand and he pulled be up. "Thanks," I whispered.
"Do you know why they're having a big fire tonight?" Sintry asked me as he walked through some bushes and over some fallen trees. "Umm... Not really. But Alex invited me to come to the fire later and meet the wolves," I told him. I followed in Sintry's footsteps, and walked through some bushes and over fallen trees. "Nice. Surrounded by stupid- no good- flea bitten wolves." Sintry sounded mad for some reason. "Why don't you like wolves?" I asked him. "Just don't." Sintry answered. "Do you not like me either?" I asked pulling on his hood to make him stop. Silence fell. Sintry just looked to the ground. I pulled his face up. "Well do you?" I asked again. Sintry put his head down again. "We should find some wood." Sintry turned and walked forward. I caught up to him and ran to the front of him, forcing him to stop. "Please. Just answer my question." I was pushing on his shoulders to keep him from going forward. "Please." I looked into his eyes. "You want the truth?" Sintry said sounding kind of angry. I continued to hold onto his shoulders. "Heh. Ok, the truth it is." Sintry quickly wrapped both his hands around my wrists with a tight grasp. "I hate you so much, and I wish I could kill you." Sintry paused with a pained look on his face. I pulled on my wrist to try loosen his grasp- it didn't work. "But I can't do that. I have alot of rage building up inside me because of things like you. But the truth is, I can't kill you..." His grasp tightened, but loosened right after. Sintry looked into my eyes and leaned forward.
His kiss was soothing, but terrifying. Sintry pulled away from my face. "Because I'm madly in love with you Ayden." Sintry let go of my wrists completely and my arms fell to my sides. I was frozen in shock from both terror and amazement. Sintry was silent also. Moments later, Sintry pulled me into a gentle hug. I shook the shock off and leaned my head on his shoulder. Tears ran down my face. Sintry pulled me out of the hug and looked at me. "Why are you crying?" Sintry asked looking confused. "I-I t-thought all this time that you just wanted t-to kill me. I didn't know that you l-loved me- or even liked me. But now I know." Sintry wiped my tears away after I said that. "I'm sorry for wanting to kill you, but it's my job. If I go against vampire hunter's laws, then I'll be punished. I was scared to tell you I love you, because... It means death for a hunter. We stick with humans, and we're safe. Go with a mystical creature, like yourself- Death awaits us." Sintry was looking away from me. "But apparently... I could care less what they think." Sintry was looking back at me and he was smiling. A smile that said, I'm me, and theres nothing you can do or say to change that, so leave me and my life alone. "Yeah. You should live your own life." I said as we started walking back to the den. "I know you heard me earlier today. The ruffling in the trees on the other side of the field." Sintry said. "Huh?" I asked confused. "I was watching you feed." Sintry said. "You did what!" I punched his shoulder. "Hey! Careful, I need my arm. All I was gonna say was nice job." Sintry started laughing. "Y-you slung him into a t-tree." Sintry said in between his laughter. "That was awesome." Sintry controlled his laughter- unlike Alex. "Really," I said sarcasticly as I rolled my eyes. "But you should use manners. You had your meal all over your face." Sintry chuckled a little. "It wasn't my fault." I said wiping my face unknowingly. "I was kidding." Sintry put his arm over my shoulder and we headed out. "But for future reference. Bring a change of clothes, or at least a napkin to wipe your face off." Sintry laughed and I rolled my eyes. "I'll remember that, thanks," I said in a kind of joking manner. "Welcome," Sintry said. I put my arm over his shoulder, and we headed onward, picking up wood on the way back.
I saw a fire flickering not to far away in the direction of the wolves den. "Guess they made a fire already." I said looking at the wood I had gathered. "Well, with our wood, it'll be even bigger." Sintry smiled at me. "Yeah. Guess so." I picked up another stick and put it on the top of the pile in my left arm. "We should be hurrying back now. Before we miss the first part," Sintry said as he picked up a handful of small sticks in his free hand. "Ok, let's go." I walked passed Sintry. He was still picking up small sticks and some dead grass in the process. "Coming." Sintry caught up to me and we walked back to the dens. "Nice fire," I said as we came into Demitry and Alex's view. "Here," Sintry said. Sintry handed Demitry the sticks. "Thanks." Demitry walked over to the fire and set the sticks in a pile of other sticks. "That sure is a small fire," Sintry teased. "I'll help it grow." Sintry moved his hand over the fire, whispering something and walked away. "Ha! It didn't work," Demitry laughed at Sintry. Sintry held up his index finger. "One moment. And you might wanna back up from the fire." Sintry lifted his hand towards the fire. "Fire grow," he whispered. The fire grew ten feet higher. "And what was that you said about it not working, bloodsucker?" Sintry said with a smirk. "Nothing," Demitry mumbled under his breath. "Thought so," Sintry said.