Arcane Guardians

Chapter 12

I walked over to the pile of sticks beside the giant fire and placed my wood on top. "With Sintry here, we may not need any wood," I said in a laughing manner. "True," Sintry said.
I sat down by the fire after it died down a bit. Alex, Demitry and Sintry joined me. I glanced at all of them. It felt kind of weird knowing that all of them liked me. I mean- I like them all also, but-well, nevermind. It's just weird.
"Is something the matter?" Alex asked. I looked at him quickly, but replaced him with the fire. "Nothing really." I lied to him. "Oh." Alex looked at the fire for a few short moments. Then looked up. "Is everyone here?" Alex asked to the wolves surrounding us. Leon and Vince were in human form. "Yeah. We're all here," Vince said. "Good." Alex scanned over them once again to make sure. "For the ones that don't know Ayden, here she is." Alex pointed at me "Stand up," he whispered. "Why?" I couldn't stand up. It might not appear so- but I'm terrified to stand up in a group- even if they're wolves. "Please just do it." Alex was urging me to stand up, motioning the 'up' part with his hand. I stole a quick big breath and shook the terror off. I stood up. "I-I'm Ayden," I said stuttering to everyone. There had to be at least thirty wolves- counting Leon and Vince. There were so many greetings filling my mind from the wolves.
I finally sat back down- taking in a few big breaths. Finally. I can sit and relax now, I thought to myself. I looked at all the wolves- some were stairing at me- some at the sky, and some at the fire.
"I would like to give Ayden the welcome she should have gotten when she arrived." Alex looked at me. "You don't have to. Really." I was shaking my head. Alex stood up and closed his eyes. Moments later his skin melted away into nothing- his clothes laying on the dirt. I closed my eyes and rubbed them. When I opened them...
A white wolf- an angel even, appeared in Alex's spot. White as the coming winter snow- even more beautiful than the winter itself. My jaw dropped in amazement. "Your the angel I saw after Andrew attacked me." My amazement showed. Yes. But I am a guardian wolf- it's kind of like an angel though. We watch over and protect. Alex's voice was like beautiful music playing in my mind.
Alex lifted his head, and let out a powerful angelic howl. The wolves that were gathered around the fire twitched their ears, then lifted their heads to the sky and sang out a welcome to me. Welcome to the pack, all wolves sang. In my head it was words surrounding my brain- but out in the night air it was a beautiful song. I closed my eyes and listened further into the woods. The guard wolves were also joining in the song- singing their welcomes to me. I opened my eyes and smiled at the wolves.
They finished their song and started wagging their tails and twitching their ears back and forth. "Thanks everyone. I appreciate it." I looked at over at Sintry. He looked like he wanted to be shot. I just silently laughed at him and paid my attention to Alex and the pack. Alex turned to me and and bowed his head. I smiled at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short... and sorry it took me so long to post more chapters, but here they are and hope you enjoy!! Comment Please