Status: Writing

Against Peace

Chapter 2

Amy and I went up to the school building's roof and lay there watching the sunnset.

"why is the afterlife a school?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"The principle will give you the keys to your dorm later" she said.

"Are those students down there like us?"

She shook her head. "They were created along with this world, they act too much like humans and are really boring so I was glad when Derek showed up" she said. "we were the ones who started the whole battlefront thing"

"so what about Angel?" I asked.

"well she only attackes if we show any sign of danger to her" she said. "or ask her to prove that we're dead" she looked at me. And I looked away.

"shut up, I didn't know she was going to stab me" I grumble. I had finally seen what I looked like 5 minutes ago when I was in the bathroom getting dressed into the spare uniform. I had dark brown hair and I wasn't muscular or skinny.

"She's the school captain and has control of most of the the people and school grounds" she continued. "and the sword, it just appears and she'll attack you with it."

I remembered it, and the blue light glowing as it appeared in her small hands, it was like magic.

"Anyone who follows her will dissapear" she said angrily. "and probably riencarnate into something"

"Isn't riencarnating good?"

"What, you wan to turn into some dirt on the street or somehting?" she got up.

I shook my head.

"don't worry" she patted me on the back. "you'll learn more of this world later and you'll soon accept that you're dead and get used to this world"

I didn't tell her that I was already used to this world since I had no memory of my life.

"oh yeah, we're having a meeting tonight at 6pm sharp, be there or you'll miss out on alot" she got up and left. I layed down and watched the skies growing darker for a little longer before going to my dorm. This world was so strange.

"Tonight" Amy stood up and a blue print of the school hall appeared on the projector screen. "we'll be having band perform here, Derek, Shiina and Nate..You'll be watching the forest area, Matsushita and Short-round you'll be with me inside. Greg and T.K we'll be just outside...and Kayne" she looked at me and a flick of worry for me flashed through her eyes. "You'll be guarding the bridge, it's furtherest from the dorms and the hall so Angel probably won't go there...but the others will come if theres trouble"

She looked over to her group. "If any of you hear a gun shot, go to it as soon as you can! GO"

We all got up from the couches and left the room. The band got their equipment and left for the hall.

"Why is the band going to play?" I asked Derek. He handed me a loaded pistol.

"It's breaking the rules to do it, so if we do Angel will come out and we can shoot her. It also get's rid of students wondering around the school so they won't be accidently shot"

I nodded and followed him out.

"I’m hungry, so I can’t walk
There’s one thing that I knew
I postpone the things I should do and do nothing but the things I want..." Fey started to sing with her beautiful voice. The crowd cheered and she smiled. Kelly and Sam nodded to each other.

I looked down at the gun in my hands and gulped.

"If she comes, just shoot her in the legs and wait for the others to come to finish her off" Amy had told me.

I looked at the moon. it was so beautiful...so real. I gasped and nearly chocked when I saw Angel on the other side of the bridge.

She looked at me and stepped forward. "Get back! I don't want to shoot!" I yelled. But she didn't listen.

I pulled the trigger and sweat trickled down my forehead, I don't want to shoot, don't want to...

BANG!

I slowly put my hands down and swallowed. Angel looked up at me and rubbed the wound on her stomach. The blood dripped from where I shot her and I felt dizzy. I shot a person, A real live person!

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

A sword grew from her hands and the same blue light appeared. She stepped forward like nothing happened. The bullet fell out of her stomach and clincked on the ground.

Why? Why doesn't she stop?! My head screamed.

I shot once more and staggered back. She blocked herself from the bullet with the sword and the bullet went flying elsewhere.

I gasped and ran away. She started to walk faster and was catching up to me. What the hell is she?!

"You!" Nate's voice yelled at me. "Get out of the way!" He flung the axe at Angel and once again she blocked herself. She cut the axe in half and they crashed into the pond.

"Damn it!" Nate hissed. "It's too late!"

Shiina came forward with a knife longer than Angel's. She lunged at Angel and their swords collided. Blue sparks flew from Angel's and they both staggered back from the force collision.

The others arrive all holding guns in their hands, Derek yelled for Shiina to back away. Shiina lunged again one last time and Angel backed off leaving the sword fly to the ground.

Shiina dodged and ran off as the others started to shoot. 2 bullets hit Angel in the arm and stomach.

"What th hell..." I murmered. The bullets were now flying off her like she had a...

"It's a force field!" Derek yelled over the noise to the others.

Amy looked from the balcony of the hall and watched the others.

"and we're only up to the 2nd half of the song" Greg came in. She nodded and straightened up.

"We're going, tell the band to finish up" She hated to say it when they weren't finished yet but it's for the groups safety.

She waved her arms to signal the group below that they were finished and Derek nodded. He threw a bomb in Angel's Direction and yelledat everyone to get back. I watched horrified as the bomb went in her way and she dissapeared behind the smoke and fire.

Derek grabbed my arm and told me to move out.

As I ran off I glanced at Angel's way once more and saw her, she stood up from the smoke and watched us silently go.

The next morning the Afterlife Battlefront group went to the cafeteria for breakfast. It was like a Hall but had stairs leading to other rooms or building and looked so futreristic.

"Is it really okay for us to be eating here? What if Angel attacks us?" I asked Amy who sat next to me eating scrambled eggs on toast.

"Why would she?" she mumbled through the food in her mouth. "We're just eating"

I nodded and went back to my soup. Angel attacks only to defend herself, she was dangerous when that happened but she's perfectly harmless when she isn't in danger.

I only joined the Afterlife Battlefront to regaine my lost memories, to do something while I was here. I want to know who I was, what life I had, and how I died. When I get these memories back...who knows, I don't know what I'll do then.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is going to be sad, then all action, sad and so on, so enjoy :)