Status: Not sure if anyone will see this status but I'm going to try my hardest to go through and edit this story and then continue it!

Do Overs and Second Chances

Living Proof

Going back to Warped Tour was easier for Izy after her day with out with Stephen. It felt like he had taking a chip off the weight that had been pressing down on her since her and Cameron broke up. The mini trip was just what she needed to remind her of how things were before all the drama in her life.

However, she still hadn’t talked to Cameron and Warped Tour was quickly coming to an end. Cameron, knowing Izy needed time after their last conversation, didn’t make any attempts to make the girl hear him out either. He wasn’t about to let her go that easily though he had a plan, he just had to wait to execute it. He knew that if he approached her too soon she would just push him farther away and that wasn’t what he wanted. He had been waiting for the right moment to try to get Izy back and today was the day. The Downtown Fiction had just found a guitar player to finish out the rest of tour and Cameron was sure that Izy was going to disappear.

Izy still felt the usual uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach as she went to the stage to get ready for The Downtown Fictions’ set. She kept her eyes focused down until someone touched her arm to get her attention.

“Hey Izy could I talk to you for a minute?” The question immediately caused announce for Izy as she glared at the person who had asked it.

“No, Amber you can’t,” she spat back at the girl and turned to walk away.

“Come on Izy. I’m sorry,” Amber said.

“No you’re not,” Izy protested thinking back on the information she had learned from Claire.

“Come on, Izy, don’t be like this. Shit happens let’s just put this all behind us and get through the rest of tour.” Amber was putting up a good front but Izy sensed the fakeness in Amber’s plea.

“You crossed a line Amber. I talked to Claire I know you’ve done this before and you’ll probably do it again. You just like the attention.” Izy raised her voice subconsciously before she could even realize she was doing it.

“Just don’t forget that you’ve made mistakes too, Izy. I know right now it’s easy for you to look down on me but you’re not much better. I never cheated on anyone. I was always honest and open about my intentions,” Amber counterd Izy statements. She hadn’t expected her apology to be rejected.

“Well atleast we know your morals kick in at one point,” Izy said her voice laced with sarcasm. She couldn’t believe Amber would try to turn this back onto her. “Also what I did to John was wrong but I know it was and it was years ago. Unlike you I know what I did was wrong and it ate away at me for the longest time, but I didn’t repeat my mistake.” With those words Izy realized she didn’t have what happened back in Arizona over her head anymore. Somewhere along the way she had put her guilt in the past where it belonged.

“Now if you don’t mind me I have a set to play,” and with that Izy left Amber standing there alone while she headed of to the stage.

David and Eric where already there waiting for her but Cameron was out of sight, which was strange. This rarely happened all tour and Izy could’t help the feeling that something was going on.

“Where’s Cameron?” she asked out of courtesy.

“He said he had something he needed to finish first he should be here soon,” David informed her. “Which is good because me and Eric have some news for you.”

“And that would be?” she incouraged them to get on with the news they had.

“We found another guitar player. He’ll be here tomorrow and you’ll be free to leave if you want.” Izy knew that this announcement would be coming eventually but to actually hear Eric say those words surprised her. Before she was counting down the days before she could run back home and put all of this behind her, but now things were different. The need to flee wasn’t coursing through her anymore.

“Oh ok. Thanks guys for all of this. I’m surprised you even put up with me this long.”

“No problem, Izy,” Eric said.

While their conversation was coming to a end Cameron came up in a hurry. “Alright everyone there is something I need to do. How would you feel if we end with an acoustic song today?” Cameron asked hopefully.

“Sure man what song and do you need me?” Eric asked.

“It’s a new one and but don’t worry I’ve got it you can even leave the stage if you want,” Cameron explained to the group.

With that settled it was time for them to get out on stage. Cameron had gotten there just in time. As Izy tuned her guitar for the last time on stage she couldn’t help the feeling that he was up to something but she didn’t know what. It was weird to think that this was finally the last time she was going to play these familiar songs.

The time passed before she could completely decide all of what she was feeling. Soon she was walking off stage with David and Eric while an acoustic guitar was brought out to Cameron.

“I hope you don’t mind but we have one more song and I want to play you a new one,” Cameron announced to the crowd and paused for the cheers from the fans. “This song is for a person who is really important to me. She might not believe me right now but I never stopped caring.” The crowd awed but Cameron’s gazed was fixed securely on Izy. She was frozen to the spot as Cameron counted off and started playing.

One more chance, it's all I’d ever ask for
I've been standing, waiting at your front door
I won't go, been waiting for hours (wait up)


Cameron singing finally made it real, this was really happening. Izy was standing side stage watching her ex-boyfriend singing a song about their failed relationship in front of all the fan girls who loved him.

Sit and stare, I wonder what you're thinking
Sweat falls down, my stomach starts the sinking
Where are you? I'm patiently waiting (wait up)
Just last night you said you didn't love me
Well that's alright, I know that you're above me
Memories past, they're flooding around me (wait up)

I'm wondering why, why did I do it?
And watching you cry, can barely get through it
I'm sorry I swear, I'm sorry for what I did

I'm living proof, broken and defeated
I'm the shattered youth and no one could believe it
If I can't have you, well darlin' I just can't go on
And if I swear, swear to make it better
Would you stick you around, I know that it will never
Be the way it was, but maybe we can make this right
Time stands still, if you stay, I will

I wanted to tell, tell you my secrets
I want you to know, know I believe this
I wanted to tell, tell you everything


The song ended but Izy’s shock didn’t wear off and all she could do was stand there clapping along with all the screaming fans.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a momentary loss of inspiration for this story so this took forever, but I'm back for the time being. I'm updating before going away for the end of the week. Thank you to Vanessaannmarie for commenting and for whoever recommended this story. Until next time folks comment, subscribe and stay awesome. Also on an end note this story is coming to an end soon so stick with it folks.