For Him

Just a little babble

Hmm...um...where do I begin? I have so much to talk about. Well, let me just introduce myself.
My name is Alicia, and I'm 18. I have a wonderful boyfriend by the name of Eddie,
and the most handsome son named Maddox. I live in a small town in the cold, wet state of
Ohio, and my mom is my hero. I was born by the ocean, and will return there someday to die
next to it as well. I absolutely LOVE sushi and collecting things that are small and
cute. Anything else....? Ahh I think I will just cover the rest as we go.

Well, as you already know, judging by the description, this is a true story of my life. I met the love of my life on June 15th, 2010 (yes, it'll be a year in a couple days!! Eeee!!) and havent let go of his strong arms since! Two months later, due to some mishaps while doing the horizontal mambo...my period decided to pull a vanishing act. Since my period was pulling a Houdini, and I was also having a wave of terrible pregnancy symptoms, I went to the local cvs when my mom and sis weren't home, and got myself a good ol' handy dandy....pregnancy test. And just like tests I've taken before, I passed it with flying colors and a great big A PLUS (+++). How did I react, you ask? Well, by hyperventilating, sobbing an ocean of tears, and calling my mom and begging her to come home from target (she was shopping while I was dehydrated from all the water my eyes donated to my sleeves and shirt). My mom came home thinking that Eddie had dumped me, but I pulled her into the bathroom (didn't want my sister to see me cry) and whipped the test out. She stared in shock. The look on her face only made me cry more. Me being so young, and after her telling me so many times to be careful, I felt crying might soften the nice hard blow she was just about to deliver. But she just hugged me. No yelling. No guilt trips. Just hugs. Nice, warm, mommy hugs. I cried into her shoulder for a good long while, not knowing what I will do. She just hugged me and told me it would be alright. I believed her. My favorite quote from her would have to be, "Why are you crying? There's a baby growing inside you...you should be happy. Babies bring nothing but joy." I remember doubting her in my head, but she also soothed me. Another quote is, "You better be giving me a grandson!!!" And yet soon enough, I did. And let me tell you, she's happier than a skip in a lake. I love my mother.

My son was born on March 26th, 2011 at 4:15 in the morning on a Saturday. A beautiful boy with golden brown hair and blue eyes and a face that was unmistakably his fathers. He was born sleeping and slept through his shot and clean up as well and was handed to me while he was sleeping. Some people say, "oh, it was the drugs that made him sleep like that", since I had a c-section, but I know it was just because that kid likes to sleep. Just like his momma and daddy. My recovery was easy, and I had a hard time leaving the hospital because whenever I had a question, there were always nurses here and there to answer it. Plus, the hospital food was amazing! Whew. Taking my child home for the first time was the scariest thing next to having him by c-section. Because going home, I was lost. Even with lots of help. I was lost. And scared, and addicted to purel and I made everyone scrub their hands before holding him. I was so afraid of losing him. But he's still here and he WILL grow old and give me healthy grandbabies someday too :)

Well I gotta go for now...but I will update soon. Thanks for reading!