Status: On pause Writers Block sorry :/

Life Goes on, With or Without You

Man down.

"So here we are," I said putting the car on park and turning it off. I was just about to open my door but I felt Nick's hand grab my arm.
"Before you walk me to my door and say goodbye, I just want to note that no matter how much time passes we will always be friends. You can count on me to be here." Nick said
"Am I missing something?" I asked.
"With time," Nick said and I just gave him a confused look.
"Okay," I said and I got out of the car and met him on the other side.
I walked him to his door and we hugged.
"So I'll call you and tell you how it goes tomorrow," I said as Nick knocked on the door.
"Yeah, sounds good," He said with a smug smile on his face.
"Bye," I said as the door opened. I walked away when I turned around they had already closed the door.

I got home and went into my room. No one was there I was alone for once.
"May," My mom called from downstairs
"Yeah," I yelled back
"Landon called," she said
"Thanks," I said I got a plain t shirt with some knee length shorts, took a shower and then went to sleep. I did mean what I said to Landon, it was best if we did take a break even from our friendship. I wasn't a figment of his memories that he could keep on pause for ever.

I didn't set up an alarm clock to wake me up but instead I was awoken by a huge commotion.
"Get up, it's an emergency!" Julia screamed. I slowly sat up and looked at her and Michael by my bed.
"Is this one of those emotion triggering exercises because if it is I'm going back to bed." I said
"No you have to get to the hospital right now they are about to put Justin under if you don't do anything about it." Julia said and I immediately got up from the bed put on some sandals. I ran out of my house with my mom shouting at me, asking where I was going. Once I started driving I looked in the rear view mirror. I looked like a hot mess. At a stop light I put my hair into a pony tail.
"His mom is still on her way but Justin urged us to get you before she can sign any papers." Julia said and I noticed they were in my car.
"Okay," I said and I continued to drive. I reached into the glove department and found some gum. I took two pieces out and chewed them vigorously. When I pulled up to the hospital I couldn't find any parking.
"Come on!" I yelled and settled for a parking in the back. I got out and ran to find that Greyson was waiting for us by the door.
"She's already inside, come on," Greyson said I nodded and we hurried inside.
"What floor?" I asked
"Where Justin's body is at," Greyson said and I held the button to go up. Once inside I held the close door button and the floor number, it was a technique I learned from my dad.
Once I got there I ran to Justin's room, no one was there. My face went pale.
"Over here!" I looked up to see Justin and behind him was a man and women walking with a Doctor with papers in his hand.
"What do I say?" As I jogged up to Justin
"My mom's name is Aubrey," Justin said
"Aubrey," I said and the women turned to me. "Can I have a word?"
"I'm sorry do I know you?" she asked.
"No but I know your son. You can't do this," I said
"I don't think that's your decision to make," she said
"Please just let me talk to you about this," I pleaded
"Excuse me miss I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The doctor said and I looked at Justin
"Tell her that if I was here I would say that I love her and that I'm okay with the move and how she organized my room." Justin said
"If he was here he would have said that he is okay with the move and his new room," I said and she looked at me like I was crazy. I saw the doctor on his phone.
"How would you know that," She said
"Please if you would just talk to me in private I could help explain more things," I said
"I'm sorry but I've-" she started
"Tell her that I wish I could've been there for my grandpapa's last moments," Justin said
"Justin wishes he could've been there for his grandpa's," I was interrupted
"No say grandpapa," Justin said
"I mean his grandpapa's last moments," I said and Aubrey started to cry. Then two security members grabbed me by the arm. "No wait, don't do this please. There's another way."
I kept yelling even though she turned her back to me and I was pulled into the elevator. When we got off, I was pulled into one of the offices which turned out to be a bigger room with a holding cell, where I was placed. I couldn't believe it, Justin's mom knew but she just refused to believe it. I slumped down on one of the benches.
I looked up and saw that the security guards had left me by myself. I saw Justin walk in.
"I'm sorry Justin." I said
"It's okay, I mean if it's my time then with arms wide open I'll accept it." Justin said as he took a seat next to me.
"I'm sorry I suck at this." I said
"Well since these are my last moments I might as well tell you some last things." Justin said
"I'm all ears," I said feeling a bit sad thinking that there wasn't much that I could do.
"Actually I don't know if I could burden you with the thoughts," He said
"You already started telling me, might as well finish it right," I said
"No everybody's asked me not too and I really don't want to have to go on a bad note," He said getting really close. He reached his hand as if tracing his finger along my jaw line.
"I think what hurts me the most is I never really got to know," He said
"Know what?" I asked
"How you felt about me," He said
"I'm sorry," I said
"You know what who cares what everyone else says. There's something I think you should know. Well after Landon got with that girl he would bring her over to come visit you too," Justin said and I just stared at the wall.
"Why are you telling me this?" I asked
"I just think you should know, its' what helped you move on. Seeing how he felt for the other girl first hand. It hurts me to see that you have to get over him again especially after the fact that he had the nerve to-" Justin stopped I looked over to him and he wasn't there anymore.
"Justin?" I called but he never responded. "I'm so sorry."
I felt a tear fall down. I saw Michael come through the door.
"They're coming to release you now." Michael said
"I'm sorry," I told him
"We'll talk when we get to your house," He said

After one of the security guards came back he told me that I could go. It turns out Aubrey, Justin's mom, said I was a good friend of Justin's who was just going through a tough time. So they let me go without having to take any picture or having to deal with any paper work.
Once I got home, I lied to my mom and told her that Nick needed a ride and I had woken up late. I was laying in bed with the souls sitting around me.
"I hate to say it but we're kind of use to people coming and going. Except Justin was there for all us so in a sense him leaving feels like the hardest bye yet," Michael said
"Don't be hard on yourself," Julia said and looked at her, "I mean you did what you could."
"Before I forget, Justin had told me about Landon, I mean when I was still in a coma." I said
"Damn it, that Justin just couldn't keep his mouth shut." Julia said
"Just please don't mention anything to Landon about his proposal to you. I mean just don't it'll only make it harder." Michael said and I slowly sat up.
"Justin never mentioned anything about a proposal," I said and they all froze. "I need some time alone guys."
"May, I don't-" Julia started
"Just go," I said
"But-" Michael started
"NOW!" I said raising my voice and they all left. I sat there in silence, then my phone started ringing I looked and caller ID said Landon was calling. I let it go to voicemail and I started to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
So hopefully this kind of makes up for it. >.< sorry enjoy.