Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Confirmation.

A little over 45 minutes later Ronnie reappeared in the living room after taking a shower. I couldn't help but hold my breath when I took in his appearance. He was just wearing a black wife-beater and a pair of really loose fitting grey sweatpants. They hung so low on his hips that I could see the band of his boxers just underneath his hip-bones. As always there was a ring of dark eyeliner around his eyes. I bit my lip and turned my attention back to folding up the blankets that the guys had used the night before.

"You don't have to do that," he told me as he walked around the couch, running his fingers through his long, dark, damp hair. "The guys could've done it before they took off."

I shrugged and put a smile on my face. "I like to help out."

Ronnie rolled his eyes and reached to yank the velvet blanket from my grasp. He folded it up himself, sloppily and tossed it to the pile that was forming on the couch. "Sit down and relax, you're a guest in my house," Ronnie said after he threw himself onto the couch. He patted the spot next to him.

I sighed and sat down. "What are you doing today?" I questioned, "Besides going to some party?"

Ronnie grinned, this full lips curving upwards. "I'm getting more furniture put in, obviously. I need a bed, you know."

I laughed and shook my head. "I don't see why!" I said, "Your couch is plenty comfortable."

Ronnie scoffed, "You were on me all night and I was on the couch."

I smiled secretly. "Well, you're very comfy Ronnie." I told him, laughing as he waved his hand, shushing me.

"You can stay and hang out, if you want. We can stop back at your house and grab some clothes for the party. I doubt you want to go in my hoodie," he chuckled.

I smiled at his joke and then sighed. "I already told you I have to see what I'm doing today. My Dad is probably going to call and want me to watch Nico again."

Ronnie seemed to be mad instantly. "Why the fuck do you always have to watch your sister? I mean, she's cute and all but Brett has money, why can't he fucking hire a babysitter so that you can live your own life?" Ronnie ranted, moving his hands around as he spoke quickly.

"Ronnie, Ronnie," I cooed as I reached out and grabbed onto his arm, "Calm down. I love watching my sister, it's alright."

Ronnie shook his head. "No it's not," he glowered, "You need to live your life. Go to a party, hang out without having the threat of leaving to babysit or run errands hanging over all of our heads."

I let my head drop to the back of the couch as Ronnie fumed, obviously angry and protective of me already.

"Ronnie," I said, tilting my head to look at him, "I'm not your girlfriend, you know."

Ronnie looked slightly shocked, then just mad again. "That's not the point."

I shrugged and looked to his ceiling, "You're acting like I am. We're just friends, Ronnie. That's all we can ever be."

"And why's that?" Ronnie questioned, "Why can't you ever be with me?"

When I turned my head back to look at him, his chocolate eyes were begging for an answer.

"I mean," he murmured, "I'm out of prison, clean, free. I've got my own place. Money to buy extra things that I want, not need, want. We could be good together, Atticus," he said with a small smile.

I shook my head. "No we wouldn't, Ronnie."

"And why the hell not?" Ronnie shouted as he jumped up from the couch.

I reached out to try and pull him back down but he wasn't having it. He yanked his tattooed wrist away from my fingers. I sighed, wondering why I had to bring this up in the first place.

"I'm sorry if I lead you on, Ronnie, but I-"

"No Atticus," Ronnie glared, "Leading someone on is when you don't feel the same way and I sure as hell know that some where deep down you feel for me."

"I like you Ronnie," I said as I too stood up, "But just as a friend! I have far too much going on in my life right now. I don't have time for a boyfriend, Ronnie, I'm sorry."

Ronnie glared as he spoke. "You're a goddamn liar and you know it."

I sighed and sat back down on his couch. "Sit," I demanded, "This is silly."

Ronnie's eyes softened slightly and then I could see as his anger melted away and he collapsed on the couch, closing his eyes and laying his head back. "Sorry," he murmured, "I'm not used to wanting anything."

I nodded as I copied his posture. "It's alright," I murmured.

I could feel Ronnie shift on the couch but I didn't open my eyes. Not until Ronnie called my name. "Atticus," he murmured.

My eyes opened to see his face in front of mine. We were so close that I could feel his breath on my face and smell the shampoo that he used in the shower. I trailed my eyes over the bit of scruff on his chin, his full lips, straight nose and round cheeks. I looked to the eyeliner that was smeared around his orbs and then finally met his gaze. When he leaned in and my lips touched his there were no fireworks or confetti cannons. Just a feeling in the pit of my stomach that made me so nervous that I could barely kiss back, at first.

The feel of his lips on mine was something I hadn't imagined or felt before with any other guy. Not that I had dated many. Ronnie, when he realized that I wasn't pulling away, leaned in a little harder and ran his fingers up my side and put his left hand on my hip, holding himself to me. His lips were soft and warm and his fingers danced on my skin like a perfect symphony all laid out. His right hand slid up my arm, traced patterns over my neck and then cupped my cheek as he pulled me closer to him.

When his tongue ran over my bottom lip I parted them just slightly and shivered as he deepened the kiss. My hands went up to cup his neck, covering the vibrant tattoos that lingered there. When we pulled away for air I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of his neck, his hair tickling my cheek.

"What was that?" I whispered into his neck, my arms tightening as his own wrapped around my thin waist.

Ronnie chuckled sending vibrations through his chest. "That was a kiss," he stated.

"Why'd it happen?"

"Because," Ronnie declared smugly, knowing he had called my bluff, "I like you and you like me back."

I knew that he was waiting for some sign of confirmation and with little thought I pressed my lips to his neck, closing my eyes, and holding onto him even tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I really like this one. Honestly.

Do you guys like it? Was the kissing scene okay?

Have you guys seen the music video for Falling In Reverse's song "The Drug in You is Me"?
No?
Well here it is:



I downloaded it onto my computer and I've watched it about 112 times since this morning when it was released. :P It's so good! I'm glad to see Ronnie back!!