Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

All Due Respect.

Ronnie complained on the entire ride to my father’s house and even I second guessed my decision but when we pulled up outside I knew that we had to go in and face the music. Ronnie and I got out of the car side and held hands as we walked side by side up to the front door. I was almost shaking as I pushed the front door open and walked in, searching for some sign of life in the house. I called out for my father and my siblings but received no reply. I felt Ronnie let out a breath of relief, that was until there came laughter from the backyard.

Ronnie’s gorgeous brown eyes met my nervous ones as I led him under the staircase and out of the back door. We walked around the patio step and up them causing my father’s gaze snap to us from where he sat on the patio, watching my siblings as they splashed around in the pool.

“Atticus!” I heard my oldest younger sister scream as she rocketed out of the in-ground pool and raced up the stairs, throwing her arms around my waist, getting me completely soaked in the process.

“Hey Frida,” I said as I smiled and wrapped my own arms around her, causing me to have to let go of Ronnie’s hand even as my father shot daggers with his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Frida questioned as she looked to me, a large grin on her face.

“I brought Ronnie so that he and I could talk to Dad,” I told her with a nervous smile.

She grinned up at me with a encouraging nod and then she turned to Ronnie and stuck her hand out for a hand shake. “I’m Frida, Atti’s younger sister.”

Ronnie smiled, happy to be accepted by someone, and shook her hand. “I’m Ronnie Radke,” he greeted, “Att’s boyfriend.”

Frida grinned at his wording and turned to me so that she could pretend to whisper in my ear. “He’s cute, I approve.”

Both Ronnie and I laughed as my father rose to his feet and walked over to us, ushering my younger siblings in the house as Max emerged with Nico in his arms.

“But Dad!” Frida shouted, “That’s not fair! We want to talk to Atti’s new boyfriend!”

Dad glared at her, “Get in the house,” he growled, pointing to the sliding glass doors. Max grabbed onto Frida’s arm and yanked her in the house.

“We’ll come talk to you after we’re done discussing this with Dad!” I called after her as Max slammed the sliding door closed.

Ronnie leaned in and whispered in my ear, “That is if we’re still alive.”

I glared at him and elbowed him in the side, telling him to knock it off and relax. Then I turned to my father and smiled. “Hey Dad,” I said cautiously, “How have you been?”

“Don’t play games with me Atticus,” he growled, “What are you doing here?”

I shivered at the anger in his voice and shrugged, “I figured we were getting too old for these childish games that you’re playing. That I was getting to old to listen to everything you tell me to do. I stopped y so that you would know that I don’t care if you’re mad at me. I love Ronnie and everything about him. I don’t care if you’re worried about me getting hurt by him because I won’t. He loves me too and we’re going to be together for a long time, whether you like it or not.”

Dad just stared at me and then he nodded. “Fine.”

“Fine?” I questioned, nervous about why he was being so calm, “What do you mean fine?”

Dad shrugged, “If you want to be with Ronnie than go ahead but that does not mean that you and him are a part of my family. There will be no Christmases together, no cookouts, no family pool parties. It will be just you two all on your own.”

“Dad!” I shouted, now letting anger take over my emotions, “This isn’t just your family! This is my family too! Max, Frida, and Nico are my family! Uncle Jay, Greg, Miles, and Hunter are my family too. You don’t get to dictate my life or make me feel guilty about falling in love with Ronnie!”

“He’s a trouble-maker, Atticus! He does things that even I don’t want to mention. He’s been in prison and arrested for drugs! He’s not good for you!” Dad shouted at me, stepping forward like he was begging me to understand.

I shook my head. “I know all those things, Dad,” I said calmly, “And he may not be the best person out there but he’s perfect for me.”

Dad shook his head as well, “He’s really not, Atticus.”

Ronnie stepped forward slightly, “With all due respect, how would you know? You’ve never seen Att and I together. You’ve never seen us go shopping or out to dinner. You’ve never seen her take care of me after I got hurt or how I try and be everything she wants me to be. Brett, Mr. Gurewitz, you never gave Att and I a chance to show you that we’re meant to be together, you just jumped our case as soon s you found out that we wanted to be.” Ronnie shook his head at my father, “I may be a trouble-maker, sir, but I love your daughter and when I’m around her I try to be the best person I can be. I love her and she loves me and we don’t need you to tell us that it’s okay. Because we have each other and that’s enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. My internet is out at home and I'm at my Mom's friend's house right now so she let me use her computer. If any of you read my other stories, it's the same problem, I won't be updating until the internet comes back on or I can go to McDonalds and use their free wifi.

I hope you guys liked this. :) Please comment. I hope it wasn't too short. It probably would've been longer if I was hope but I wanted to make sure that I had time to post it for you guys.