Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Mind vs. Heart

My father stared at Ronnie and I as we stood on the deck. Ronnie held my hand tightly in his and didn't back down. It made me feel ecstatic that Ronnie cared enough to stand up to my father.

I felt that it was my time to speak, my time to make sure that my Dad really understood how serious our relationship is. "I'm in love with him, Dad," I said, pouring my heart into my words. "I didn't ever think that it'd end up this way but Ronnie is just..." I trailed off as I felt Ronnie's hand tighten in mine, "Sure," I started again, "Ronnie is hardheaded, and outspoken, and a total ass sometimes but there is this side of him that only his closest friends see." I took a deep breath as I thought about Ronnie and how sweet he could be.

My Dad shook his head, "I've known this guy for a long time, Atticus. Since before he went to prison. When he was just a singer with a drug problem."

"He's not like that anymore!" I claimed, throwing my hands into the air, causing me to have to pull my hand from Ronnie's. "Why can't you just give him a second chance? And give us a chance? I love him Dad! Like you love Gina and like you loved my own mother at one point," I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, "I need you to forget that you've told me my whole life not to get caught up with someone in the music business. I need you to forget about Ronnie's past. Dad," I cried, "I need you to focus on the love that I have for him and he for me. I need you to focus on the future and get over these childish games."

"I just-" Dad started, but was cut off by me as I tried to stop all of this.

"No Dad," I stated, "You have to forget about everything." I could feel the fire in my eyes as I demanded him. I could feel the power in my voice as I begged him to start over. "I'm in love with Ronnie," I stated, staring my father straight in the eyes. The same ones that were mirrored in my own skull.

My Dad stared straight back at me, his eyes searching mine for any hint of doubt that would justify his earlier reaction. I held strong as Ronnie took my hand again and his skin against mine caused a jolt in me, a jolt that gave me the power to demand things from my dad, the person who had taken care of me for the majority of my life.

With Ronnie I felt as if I was on top of the world. Everyday was the next best and every night spent in Ronnie's arms was like sleeping on a cloud and feeling pure bliss. Ronnie had his temperamental moments and the times where I felt like he couldn't be more wrong but also there were those times where I felt that he couldn't be anymore perfect.

Meeting Ronnie was one of the best things that had ever happened to me. That I was sure of. Of course he'd be leaving for tour with his band and living out his dreams. That didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I would miss him like crazy but in the end it'd all be worth it. I could never see Ronnie and I settling down with a little house, two kids, and a dog. We just weren't that type of people. But I could see us being together for the rest of our lives. Maybe have a few kids and travel together as one happy family... Or live in L.A or Vegas and raise our children on Rock & Roll and chinese food. Either way, I'd end up with Ronnie, no matter what my father thought of it. Because being with Ronnie made me realize that love was all the mattered. Ronnie gave me courage. Ronnie gave me everything.

"You're really in love with Ronnie Radke?" my father questioned, his voice strong with a hint of wonderment.

I swallowed harshly and nodded curtly. "Can't you see that?"

My father didn't answer, he only moved his gaze up to Ronnie who was so much taller than me. "And you love my daughter?" he asked, his eyes searching through Ronnie's gorgeous brown ones.

Ronnie looked down to me with a smile playing at the edge of his lips. Then he looked back to meet my father's gaze and he nodded. "With everything I have."

Dad nodded once. "Very well then," he said as he looked up from the ground and to the two us. "There's nothing I can do to change your minds?"

Ronnie wrapped his arms around me and pulled me against his chest. His breath smelt of cigarettes and mint as he spoke, his words causing my knees to go weak and me to drop into his arms, smiling as he caught me and pressed his lips against my cheek. He looked up to my father and spoke in a daring way, a smirk on his lips and his words strong and sure... "There's nothing anyone can do to change my heart."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I'm at my Gramma's so that I can update and post for you guys. :)

I hope you liked this. I know it seems short but I don't think it is, too much.

If you guys want something else to hold you over in between updates you can read my new Ronnie one-shot. It's called Never Stopped Loving You and I really like it.

I'm thinking about creating a story like it, using the same layout and everything but have it be about the before story. :P Please read it and comment on whether or not you like it and/or want me to create a new story! :D