Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Quiet Jacky.

I was throwing Nico's trash away when my Dad came walking down the hallway, surrounded by five chatty guys who had smiles on their faces.

"It's going to be great working with you guys. I can tell that this new album is going to be great. We'll get a lot of promotional shit going, start coating Youtube with adds, and Epitaph.com will be promoting. Kids will start to realize that Ronnie Radke is back and they'll be all over it." My Dad spoke with excitement in his tone as the guys around him nodded approvingly.

When Dad looked up and away from the guys, they all followed his view. "Atticus, sweetheart, where are the girls?"

I smiled at my Dad as he pulled me in for a hug. "On the couch. I bought them lunch and I was just throwing the trash away," I told him as I heard two little feet smacking against the ground.

"Daddy!" Nico shouted as she raced over and threw herself against our Dad's legs. He laughed deeply and picked her up. He wrapped his free arm over Frida's shoulders and turned towards the guys that were standing there.

"Guys, these are my daughters. Nico, Frida, and Atticus. Girls, this is the new band that I'll be working with. Falling In Reverse."

Frida and Nico waved as the band said 'hello'.

"Well," Dad concluded, "I'll see you guys tomorrow?"

"Hell yes," The same man I had met earlier spoke, causing my Dad to cringe at his language, seeing as Nico was right there.

"Same time tomorrow," Dad told them and then began to turn away.

"Uh," I cut in, "Dad, I can't watch Nico tomorrow." All the guys in the band stopped and waited to see if the time was going to be changed. "At least not until later."

Dad looked distressed. "Well, your brother can't because he has practice and I'm not leaving Nico alone with Frida, she'll forget she even exists."

I sighed and pushed my fingers through my hair. "Dad, I really can't. I've had these plans for awhile. I can't just bail." I quieted when I realized he wasn't going to relent.

"Well, what are you doing? Maybe you can reschedule it."

I shook my head. "It's important, Dad. I'm helping out a kid tomorrow..." I said, drifting off at the end, hoping that he'd understand that I wasn't just bailing on him to spend a day at work.

He was about to rebut again but a voice that was quickly becoming familiar cut him off. "We can come later, if you want. It doesn't matter to us."

My father looked over to Ronnie and smiled uneasily. "No, no. That's unprofessional."

I sighed and pulled Nico from his arms. "Fine, Dad." I said in a quiet voice, "Nico can just sleep over at my place tonight, alright? I don't want to drive all the way back in the morning."

Dad smiled at me and kissed my forehead. I felt eyes on me so I looked up and met brown eyes that belonged to Ronnie. I offered a little smile and then turned. "I'm going to head out. Nico, say goodbye to Daddy," I added as I handed the little girl back to our father. They hugged and then he passed her back to me, saying goodbye as he did so.

"See yah, Atticus," Frida called as I walked away with Nico in my arms.

"See yah, Frida," I replied to myself as I exited the building. Leaving my father to sum up his deal with Falling in Reverse and get Frida home alive all on his own.

I buckled Nico back into the car-seat in the back and shut the door. My expression changed to confusion and apprehension as I saw the two musicians walking across the parking lot to us. I stood up and leaned against the end of my car, crossing my arms over my stomach as they approached.

"Hi," the taller one said, "I'm Ronnie and this is Jacky." He pointed over his shoulder at the other man as if to make sure I actually noticed him this time.

I nodded skeptically. "Wow, I would've never remembered learning that fact ten minutes ago," I remarked, licking my lips to keep from smiling.

Ronnie grinned. "Well," he stated, "We were wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime. Obviously you can't now because you have your sister, but what about tomorrow?"

I looked him over, taking in his impossibly unruly hair and black everything. As my eyes moved back up his body to his own eyes, I noticed the tear drop tattoo. "How long were you in prison?" I asked, biting my lip between my teeth.

Ronnie didn't looked startled or shocked, it seemed that he was used to being asked blunt questions. "30 months," he replied back with a shrug.

"And you killed someone?" I questioned, pausing for his answer.

He shook his head without taking his eyes at me. "That's all bull. Parole violation."

"And do you usually walk up to strangers in parking lots and ask them to hangout with you?" I questioned, watching as he smiled again and shrugged his shoulders.

"That depends on the stranger," he answered, glancing back at his friend, "Prison changes a man," he added, "I no longer deny myself the pleasure of being around beautiful people."

"You don't look like you were ever the type of person to deny yourself beautiful things," I answered, unable to do anything but smile at his painfully cliche words. He was smiling too, laughing at himself and seeming pleased that he'd been able to make me amused too.

I nodded and then shrugged, my own dark eyes meeting his as I tried to figure out the exact color in the back of my mind. "I might be busy tomorrow night. It depends on my Dad."

Ronnie smirked and leaned against my car as his friend, Jacky, took a step closer. "Do you always revolve around Brett?" Jacky asked, his voice shockingly quiet for someone who looked like him.

"Sometimes," I said to the softer spoken man, "When my siblings are involved."

"Well, Atticus," Ronnie murmured, now standing beside Jacky, "Maybe it's time for you to have some fun."

I shrugged and pulled open the driver's side door. "Seems like you've had a little too much fun in your life, Ronnie."

Ronnie and Jacky both laughed but nodded anyway. "Maybe you're right," Ronnie chuckled, "But that don't mean nothing. Especially not now."

A real smile came on my lips as he spoke, his voice holding onto a strange twang. "Do you have a phone?" I asked, "A cell phone."

Ronnie gave me a look that suggested I was an idiot. "What do I look like? A neanderthal?" He motioned to himself and his black leather jacket, tight black pants, long black hair, and silver chains that hung off of his jeans and matched his studded belt.

I shrugged and licked over my lips quickly, "I wasn't sure if technology had raced way ahead of you while you were locked up."

"Ouch," Ronnie stuttered, "That hurt, darling."

I laughed lightly and then nodded. "Whoops," I let out as I grabbed Ronnie's phone from his out-streched hand. It was new, or fairly new at least. Something that he probably got right after he was released.

I put my name and number in and then texted myself, laughing as my ringtone glared from my back pocket. I handed Ronnie back his cell as I pulled my own out and stopped one of Avenged Sevenfold's songs from playing any longer.

"There," I pipped up as I held my phone up so that Ronnie could see his own name among my contacts.

He was obviously pleased. "Alright. Well, I'll text you later. Don't make any plans for tomorrow."

"Can do, Radke," I said as I turned and attempted to slide into my car.

"Hey!" Ronnie stopped me, turning back, "I never told you my last name!"

I grinned as I pulled my car door shut and clicked myself in. Ronnie walked up and leaned against the window, waiting for my reply. "I might've been a fan a million years ago," I said as I looked up at the singer, "Pre-prison. I'm hopeful that whatever you're creating with my dad will be just as revealing as the first band."

Without saying much else, I turned the car on and began backing out of my spot, careful not to hit the very quiet Jacky. "Text me too, saying who you are!," I said to him, "See yah around," I called out the window as we passed the musicians. He headed back across the parking lot as we pulled out.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Hope you liked it and it's not too cliche or anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch=fMBXjN9h49Mp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n5cQCFpR7E&NR=1

Comment!