Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Parking Lot Words.

Ronnie's arms were wrapped around me as we made our way back to the car. Ronnie's lips were on my neck as soon as I slipped into the driver's seat and he into the passenger's side. I chuckled and pushed him off of me so that I could start the engine.

"Want to eat in tonight, baby?" I questioned as I pulled out of the parallel parking spot easily.

Ronnie's chocolate eyes lit up. "Will you cook for me?" he asked as he leaned over the center console of the car and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, careful not to bump my arms away from the wheel. "Please, please, please, Atticus?" he begged, a puppy-dog look on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him and nodded. He leaned in and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek before sliding back into his own seat and buckling up. "Ew gross!" I shouted playfully as I reached up to wipe the imaginary slobber from my cheek.

Ronnie scoffed. "You know you love my germs."

I giggled and nodded. "Of course I do."

We drove for a couple more minutes with Ronnie and I chatting back and forth. I turned off towards the grocery store. Ronnie looked at me oddly as I turned in the opposite direction of his apartment. I laughed. "Don't look at me like that. If you want me to cook for you then we're going to have to buy some food for me to actually cook!" I grinned at him and shook my head, watching as he ran his fingers through his tangled black hair. "What do you want?" I asked as I pulled up into the parking lot of a cheap grocery store.

Ronnie grinned. "I get to chose?"

"No," I said as I slid out of the car, "I'm just asking for no reason."

Ronnie got out of the car and ran around to my side. He pulled me into his arms so that my chest was against his and he leaned down to my height and connected our lips. He was leaning with his back against the car as the kiss heated up. He eventually turned us around so that I was against the car as his tongue slipped into my mouth and his fingers found their way to the skin under the end of my shirt.

My arms were around his neck, holding me up to him, as a lady behind Ronnie called out to us. "Excuse me!" she shouted from two parking spaces over. Ronnie groaned and laid his forehead on my shoulder. I looked over his and to the lady who stood outside of her car, a baby in her arms and three young boys of varying ages by her sides. "This is a family store," she called out to us with is a glare in her eyes, "I suggest you get into your car and leave."

Ronnie mumbled harsh curse words against my neck and I bit back a laugh as I smacked the back of his head. I looked over to the dark haired woman and her children and nodded. "I'm sorry," I told her, "We'll go now."

Ronnie's hand slipped down into mine and we turned and walked towards the building. Ronnie looked back over his shoulder at the woman and rolled his eyes. "Why don't you get those kids to bed," he called out to her, "Looks like they're going to pass out in the parking lot."

The woman glared at him. "Why don't you and your raunchy girlfriend get out of here. This is a community of children and we don't want them exposed to people like you," she spat back at him.

I reached out and grabbed Ronnie's free hand before he could stick his middle finger in the air above his head like he was attempting to do. He looked over to me and shrugged when he caught my warning gaze. "She's just pissed because her husband doesn't fuck her anymore," he said nonchalantly as we crossed the parking lot.

My jaw dropped and I smacked his stomach, watching as he laughed at my reaction. "That's so bad, Ronnie!"

He rolled his eyes as we walked into the store. "It's true. She's stuck with the kids and bitter about it."

I chuckled and shook my head at him. "Can you blame her? She's stuck with four fricken kids all day," I told him, shaking my head at the thought.

Ronnie grinned and leaned down to whisper in my ear. "That's probably because her husband is screwing the nanny."

I burst out laughing, getting a couple of odd looks from the people around me. Ronnie and I walked through the grocery store with one of those green baskets. Ronnie led, since he was picking out the dinner. I was sure we looked like an odd sight. We were a couple dressed up in fancy clothes, high heels, and covered in tattoos (on Ronnie's part). We were walking through a small grocery store hand in hand, looking more out of place than anyone could. Ronnie decided he wanted steak for dinner, so we separated so he could grab the meat and I could get the sides and what ever seasonings I would need to make it delicious.

"Att?" I heard Ronnie call out to me as I stood in line at check out four, waiting for him but also grinning at a small child who was sitting in the cart in front of me as his parents unloaded their groceries onto the checkout. I waved at the little baby and smiled as he looked up at me with huge blue eyes. "Att?" Ronnie said again, this time as he walked up next to me with the raw steak and some soda.

I moved my attention up to him and smiled. "Hey, baby," I grinned, "All done?"

Ronnie nodded, glancing to the little boy in the cart-chair. "Yup," he said, looking back to me, "What'd you get?"

I shrugged as I raked my eyes over his features. "Just the necessities."

Ronnie nodded and pulled the things from my arms before setting them on the checkout counter and putting one of those bars between our things and the things that belonged to the people in front of us.

The cashier was an older lady who smiled at the two of us politely as she rung up our things.

"Hello, how are you?" I asked as we moved up and Ronnie pulled out his wallet. "I've got this," I said to him as I reached into his leather wallet and pulled out my money.

Ronnie shook his head. "I've got this, baby. You're going to cook for me, at least let my buy it."

I rolled my eyes playfully, but nodded anyways. "Okay," I sighed dramatically, "You win."

Ronnie grinned triumphantly and handed the cashier the money. She smiled at the two of us even wider. "You two are very cute together," she said as she opened the drawer to get Ronnie's change, "How long have you been together?"

Ronnie smiled down at me and then leaned down to peck my lips. "Just a few months," Ronnie said when he stood back up. "But it feels like it's been forever."

The lady, whose name tag read 'Lilly', smiled at me and I smiled back at her as I took Ronnie's hand in my own after he put his wallet away.

"Well, have a good night, you two," she called as Ronnie grabbed the yellow plastic bag with his freehand and gripped my tighter. He led me away from the checkouts and towards the door. When we got outside he asked for the car keys.

"Are you sure your leg is alright?" I asked as I pulled them out of my back pocket, holding them close so that he couldn't swipe them from me.

He grinned and nodded. "I promise I'm fine."

I eyed his leg and handed him the keys when I didn't detect any sign of a limp. Ronnie grinned at me and went to the driver's side as I went to the passenger's. He set the bag in the backseat and got in as did I. As he started the car with a grin, I buckled my seatbelt and held my breath, feeling lighter than air.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
comment?