Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Good Boy.

"That thing is huge," I said as I shook my head at my boyfriend, "I can't believe you just bought this thing."

Ronnie grinned at me as he over looked his Cadillac SUV. We were standing outside of the dealership and Ronnie was smiling ear to ear because of the vehicle that he just bought and customized. "It's so fucking great," he said as he ran his hand over the hood of his car.

I laughed and shook my head at his excitement, although I couldn't help but be excited for him. We were waiting for the paperwork to be finalized before we were allowed to drive off the lot with it.

"It was so expensive," I said as I pulled open the passengers side and climbed up into the car.

"But it's so cool," he claimed and he climbed into the driver's side. "I can't wait to drive this thing. All black everything, Att."

"It's very cool, Ron," I said softly, honestly meaning it as I looked over the inside of the brand new car. Ronnie was grinning ear to ear as he looked at the first thing he bought with his band money.

The salesman came back out to the car a little while later and handed the keys over to Ronnie. The salesman was super nice to the both of us when he found out that Ronnie had so much money.

When we first drove up to the high-class I parked and the two of us got out to look around, although Ronnie already knew exactly what he wanted from this place. The two of us weren't dressed very nicely, and we were walking hand in hand towards the entry of the building.

"Can I help you?" a man asked as we entered the room that was filled with cars.

Ronnie nodded. "Yeah, I want to buy a car."

The man licked his lips and looked skeptical. "Well there's a used car dealership around the corner-"

Ronnie rolled his eyes. "I'm buying a Cadillac SUV," Ronnie said harshly, cutting the man off so that he'd stop talking and not offend Ronnie more.

The man raised his eyebrows and motioned for us to follow him. "Right this way," he said.

It took Ronnie and hour to pick out his vehicle and then another hour to decide what alterations he wanted on it, since he would never take anything as it came if there was an option to make it more 'him'. He then decided to black everything out. Everything that was chrome before was now black, including the symbol, the grill, and the hub caps.

"Are you going to let me drive it home, baby?" I asked as Ronnie walked me back to my car, "I promise I won't hit too many things. I just want to try running over another car and see if that monster can take it."

Ronnie smirked and started to shake his head. "Not a chance, Atticus."

I laughed and nodded my head, not wanting to drive the thing anyways seeing how it was so huge and I was used to my own small vehicle.

"Alright then," I said as I leaned back against the driver's door, "I'll see you at home."

Ronnie was leaning against me, his hips pressed into mine and his arms wrapped around my shoulders. "See you at home," he repeated with a nod as he leaned in to kiss my lips.

On the ride home Ronnie's huge SUV was only a car or two behind me the whole time. My phone rang when we were about half-way back to Ronnie's place. I grabbed my phone from the passengers seat and put it on speaker phone since I was driving.

"Dad?" I answered, "What do you need?"

"I need you to come home for awhile. I need to talk to you."

"What about, Dad?" I asked, "I'm on the way home right now."

"I can meet you at your place if you want. But I feel like we should work things out between us."

I shook my head even though we were only talking on the phone. "Dad," I sighed, "I'm not giving Ronnie up, if that's what you're trying to convince me of."

My dad was silent for a minute and then he sighed audibly. "Atticus, can we just talk about this?"

"No Dad," I growled, "He's staying in my life and he's going to be in yours too because he's coming back to the studio tomorrow and you two are going to work together like adults."

"Atticus, I've told you a thousand times not to get involved with someone like that yet you don't listen and you let yourself fall for him! His band is planning a tour right now, Atticus, what are you going to do when he leaves? What are you going to do when he gets caught up with some girl and forgets all about you?"

I shook my head. "The thing is Dad," I said, "He's not going away on tour and forgetting about me."

"And how do you know that, Atticus?" Dad questioned, his voice quiet and harsh.

"Because I'm going with him, Dad. The whole time."

My father was silent as I pulled into the parking lot of Ronnie's apartment building, him driving in right behind me and parking in the spot next to me.

"With him?" Dad asked after a moment.

I replied, "Yeah, Dad. Ronnie invited me to go on tour with him and the boys. He said that if I didn't agree to go with him he would've cancelled the whole thing and stayed here with me."

My dad sighed and asked rhetorically, "You two are that close?"

"Close enough that he would give up his whole tour and stay with me? Yeah, we are, Dad. I love him and he loves me. And we're going to be together for a really long time."

When my dad didn't reply I sighed. "Dad, I've got to go. When you figure out that Ronnie is going to be in my life forever, then you can call me. Until then, don't call me Dad. I'm with Ronnie right now and I don't like being interrupted to remind you that I'm always going to be with him." I shut the car off and took off my seatbelt. When I got out of the car I grabbed the phone and held it to my ear. "Goodbye, Dad," I said softly before I hung up and turned to face Ronnie who was waiting for me just a couple feet away.

"What was that all about?" Ronnie asked as he took my hand.

"Just saying goodbye to my dad," I told him with a shrug.

Ronnie repeated, "Goodbye?"

I nodded my head. "Until he realizes that you're the best thing for me."

"You sure about that?"

I nodded my head and looked up into his large chocolate eyes. "I'm sure about you," I said honestly, "I'll always be sure about you, Ronnie."

Ronnie nodded his head and a smiled came to his lips. "I hope it will stay that way forever, Atticus, because I'll always chose you, baby."

I smiled at the reference to when we first met. "Do you want to know a secret?" I asked him as we walked into the apartment.

Ronnie nodded his head and gave a intrigued look.

"I secretly chose you," I told him, offering a smile, "I just didn't want to say anything until I knew that you chose me too."

Ronnie grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I chose you the first day I met you."

"When I was coming out of the bathroom," I replied with a laugh.

Ronnie grinned and nodded his head. "When I ran into you."

I laughed again, remembering the first day I met him at Epitaph. It was the day he asked me to hang out with him, the day his band was signed to my father's record label.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked as I slipped out of my shoes and moved towards the couch and the stack of DVDs on the coffee table.

"Sure," Ronnie replied as he threw himself down onto the couch. "You pick it out."

I grinned evilly and looked for the DVDs that I brought with me from my apartment. I grabbed 'The Notebook' and tossed it onto Ronnie's stomach.

"Uugh," he groaned, rolling his eyes as he threw it back at me, "No chick movies!"

I laughed and shook my head as I opened the DVD player. "You said I could pick it out!" I claimed, popping it into the machine as he whined about hating 'sissy movies'.

"Shut up, Ronnie," I demanded as I turned the TV on and grabbed the remote. I pushed Ronnie so there was enough room for me to climb onto the couch in front of him.

"I don't want to shut up," Ronnie said.

I shook my head and rolled over to look him in the face. "I don't care, Ronnie. Now be quiet so I can watch Ryan Gosling be gorgeous and poetic."

Ronnie rolled his eyes at me. "I'm gorgeous and poetic."

"Not like Ryan Gosling."

Ronnie grumbled under his breath and turned his attention towards the flat-screen TV.

"Good boy," I said with a laugh.

"Shut up and watch Ryan Reynolds, Atticus."

"Ryan Gosling," I corrected.

"Shut up."

I chuckled and nodded my head. "Shutting up."
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I get some comments? (:
I love hearing from you. & I'd love some in depth comments.
What is your favorite part of the story?
Or your favorite line?