Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

House vs. Apartment.

"So you can sleep in here tonight," I said as Arch and I walked into my only guest bedroom.

The little boy looked over the good-size room and then smiled at the large bed and tried to climb up. I picked him up and tossed him down lightly on the blanket. He grinned and sat cross-legged.

"I like it," he said, "It's so big."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, it's just slightly smaller than my bedroom."

"Can I see?" Arch asked as he got to his feet and leaned against me, causing my to have to wrap my arms around his waist in order to keep him from falling to the floor.

"Sure," I said with a smile before I set him on the floor.

When Arch's feet hit the ground he raced out of the room and to my bedroom, since it was the only other room upstairs besides the bathroom. "I like your TV," I heard Arch shout from my room, "How come I don't have one?"

"Because nobody ever stays in the guest room," I said as I entered the room and saw him crouched by the TV stand, looking over the DVDs that I had lined up.

"I"m in there." Arch replied, looking up to me with his eyebrows raised.

I folded my arms over my chest and sat down at the edge of my bed. "Just for the night," I told him, "You can watch TV in the living room before you go to bed."

"Really?"

I nodded. "Really."

Arch grinned and yanked his shoes off of his feet before he ran out of the room and down the stairs in his blue socks, leaving his tiny tennis shoes on the floor by the television. I sighed and side off the bed. I grabbed his shoes and then followed after the young boy so I could set up the TV for him.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I stepped down the last stair and saw him standing at the window, glancing out into the dark.

He turned and looked up to me. "Your boyfriend is here."

I walked over to the window and nodded my head. "Yeah was supposed to come a little bit later."

Arch shrugged and headed over to the TV.

"It's the gray remote," I told him, "Hit the red button."

He did as he was told and the TV came to life. I watched as he studied the remote closely before hitting the button that made the channel change. I smiled before turning back to the window.

I went over and pulled the door open as Ronnie made his way over. "What are you doing here so soon?" I asked him, watching as he held his hands up in defense.

"I just came to see what kind of Chinese food the kid likes," he told me, peaking over my shoulder to the little boy on the couch.

"Vegetarian," I said, offering a smile as I pushed the door open wider. "Come on in."

Ronnie gave me a look at said, "Really? as he entered the house and moved his gaze over to the child who was looking back up at him. "You must be Arch," Ronnie said as he threw himself down into my couch. "I'm Ronnie."

Arch nodded. "I know," he said simply, his eyes trained on the TV with intensity.

Ronnie gave me a weird look before he turned back to Arch. "Are you hungry?" he asked, "I was going to get food."

Arch turned back to him after a moment and questioned, "Can I come?"

Ronnie shrugged. "I was just going to run and get it, I'll be right back."

"I want to come," Arch said, looking up at him with huge blue eyes.

Ronnie shrugged again and looked to me. "Can the boy come?" he inquired, a small smile on his lips that meant he didn't see why not.

I thought about it for a moment and then shrugged, "I guess so," I said, "But you two should take my car so that you don't have to put the car-seat in your monster."

Ronnie rolled his eyes at my reference to his vehicle and then stood up. "What do you say, little man, lets go get some food for the lady."

Arch slipped off of the couch and grinned at Ronnie. He nodded his head eagerly before walking over to his shoes and grabbing them. "Will you help me?" he asked, holding up his shoes by the laces.

I nodded my head and motioned towards the couch. "Come on and sit down." I put Arch's shoes on his feet and tied them up as Ronnie moved towards the door and waited for him.

"Come on, Att," Ronnie said, pretending to whine at me, "I'm hungry."

Arch nodded his head quickly. "Me too."

I smiled at him and looked over to shoulder to Ronnie. When I looked back to the child in front of me, I questioned, "Are you okay going with Ronnie, Arch? Or do you want me to come with you both?"

Arch blinked a couple of times, his long curled lashes hitting his cheeks as he did so. "I'm okay," he said, looking at me in wonder. "You don't have to come."

I nodded slowly as I got to my feet and rested my hand on the little boy's shoulder. "Alright then," I said, handing him my car key and nudging him towards Ronnie, "Ronnie knows what I like."

Arch raced over to Ronnie ands stood next to him. I watched with my arms folded as Arch reached up and took Ronnie's hand. Ronnie glanced down to the boy, who was waiting for the door to be opened, and nodded his head once.

"Lets go," Ronnie said, pulling the door open, "I'm fucking hungry."

I couldn't help but face-palm as Ronnie let that slip out of his mouth, not used to being around children anymore than children were used to being around him. Ronnie just grinned crookedly when his choice of words caused Arch to giggle.

When the two left I turned on my sock-clad heel and headed upstairs to unfold Arch's bed, knowing that once he had eaten I would be sending him to bed, seeing as it was going to be already pretty late.

I padded to the guest bedroom and flipped the light on, illuminating the room dully since one of the bulbs had gone out recently. I moved towards the bed and pulled the blankets down halfway, folding them over neatly. I tossed a couple extra pillows to the floor and fluffed the ones that were left. Since there wasn't much else to do I moved towards my own room, where, no doubt, Ronnie would be inhabiting during the night.

I picked up a few pieces of clothing that I had left on the floor that last time I was here. I hadn't been here in awhile, since Ronnie and I had pretty much been living at his place, seeing as he was closer to everything. Ronnie's one bedroom apartment was nice and roomy, but being home again reminded me of what it was like to have extra space. A spare room, two bathrooms, and an upstairs and downstairs.

Although I loved the extra space my house had, I loved the comfort of Ronnie's. I loved how every time I would walk into a room, he was there. How the kitchen was open to the living room and close to the bedroom. With Just Ronnie and I, we didn't need two bathrooms.

But the thing that I enjoyed the most about Ronnie's apartment was that it was about him every where I turned. His room was him in art format, his kitchen was flashy and nice, but with subtle hints of simplicity. His living room wasn't anything special, although it was huge, it was just a couple couches, a nice TV, and too many gaming system to even play.

Ronnie's apartment belonged to Ronnie, and that's what I enjoyed about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. It's been a couple of days. But now I'm on spring break for 10 days and will be updating. (:

I just needed to catch up on my sleep, although I'm still about to pass out at any minute. It was torture trying to make it through my classes today. All I wanted to do was sleep!