Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

Two Weeks.

"Hey, baby, What's do you need?"

"Ronnie, where are you?" I asked as I wiped tears off of my cheeks and took a deep breath.

"Att? Baby, what's wrong?"

"Arch's mother disowned him," I cried, letting myself cry as I stood leaning against the back of the door in my office.

I heard Ronnie shuffle before he asked, "Where is he now?"

I shook my head and wiped the moisture from my face. "Where are you?" I asked, needing to see him right away.

"I just got to Epitaph," he told me, "But I can meet you at home.

I shook my head again as I moved to pull the door open. "I'll meet you at Epitaph." I hung up the phone after Ronnie agreed. I smiled slightly at the kids in the lobby as I made my way across into Symantha's office. I knocked on the door and then hurried in, not waiting for her to call me in.

"Atticus," she said as she looked up to me with shock, "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Arch Drewry was just disowned by his mother. I'm going to see my boyfriend and I won't be back today," I told her flatly, watching as she folded her hands and stood up.

"Atticus," she said as she walked around to me, "You've been asking for some pretty serious things. Taking many days off and now you want to just leave?"

I shook my head at her. "I'm quitting already, Symantha. I don't see why I can't take the day off. If I can't have today off, than you're going to have to fire me, because I'm leaving."

I waited for her to say something and when she didn't, I sighed and turned to head out of the building.

"You can have the day," she said, causing me to freeze. "But I cannot give you time to tour with your boyfriend."

"I'm not asking for that," I told her, "Because at the end of the month I'm no longer working here."

"Well then," Symantha said, "Enjoy your day."

I didn't reply as I moved out of the office. Jamie was sitting at the front desk, signing in children as they parents brought them up. Jamie looked to me as I moved to leave the building and head to my car.

"Bye Jamie," I called as I hurried, becoming upset again. "I'll text you!"

I went out to the car and climbed in. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down before I started the car. I reached into the glove-box and searched for a familiar and comforting CD. I shoved the CD into the player and waited for the sound of Ronnie's voice before I started driving towards him.

I pulled up at Epitaph and parked in one of the spots out front. I saw Ronnie's SUV down a few spots and I took a deep breath before I got out of the car and moved towards the front door.

I nodded at the receptionist, she was one that I hadn't met before. So I walked over to her and pulled out my ID so that I could get into the rest of the building, claiming that I was Brett Gurewitz's daughter.

"I'm Atticus," I told her, "I'm here to see-"

"Your father?" she asked with a smile.

I shook my head. "Ronnie Radke," I corrected, watching as she became bewildered. "Can you call him up, please?"

She nodded her head with confusion on her face. She looked on the computer for the number of the room that he was in, before she dialed on the phone.

"Mr. Radke, Atticus Gurewitz is asking for you." She paused for a minute. "Okay. I'll let her know." She hung up the phone and looked to me. "He's on his way," she said, offering a small smile.

"Thanks," I told her before I grabbed my ID and shoved it into my back pocket. I walked through the second set of doors when I saw Ronnie hurrying down the hall.

I wrapped my arms around Ronnie's neck.

"Are you okay, baby?"

I shrugged my shoulders against him.

"They took Arch?" he asked, his arms wrapping around my waist.

I nodded. "They're taking him to a foster home."

Ronnie growled and pulled back. "What about his mom?"

I shook my head. "She doesn't want him and she doesn't want me to have him."

Ronnie looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"She demanded that I not be able to take care of him."

Ronnie became angry. "She can't do that!" he growled, "She fucking abandoned him!"

"I know," I said as I grabbed his arm, "But she's irrational right now."

Ronnie just nodded his head.

I reached up and touched his cheek softly. "Have you found out anything about tour?"

That's when a smile came to Ronnie's lips. "The guys bombarded me when I walked through the fucking door." He chuckled and grinned down at me.

"And?" I asked impatiently.

He licked his lips. "Two weeks."

My eyes grew wide. "We're going on tour in two weeks?"

Ronnie nodded his head. "Yes. Everything is all set up. We head out from here next Thursday."

I let a grin take over my lips. "Do you guys get a tour bus?" I asked excitedly, remembering the one my Dad used to ride on when we were kids.

Ronnie nodded once again and I couldn't help but throw my arms around his neck in excitement. Ronnie laughed and spun me around. When he set me on my feet he kept his hands on my waist to keep me from falling over.

"So, what are you doing today?" I asked, glancing back to where he came from.

Ronnie shrugged. "I'm not sure. I just got here."

I chuckled and nodded.

"You want to come hang out for awhile?" he asked, playing with the edges of my jacket, "It's just the guys and I."

"For now," I added, knowing that my Dad would be back in there with them today to sign contracts for the tour and to go over the "rules" since they were going to be apart of the Warped Tour.

Ronnie pulled me against his chest and shrugged. "Don't worry about it, Att, he knows we're together."

I gave Ronnie a blank look. "That doesn't mean he's okay with it, doll."

"So what," Ronnie said, a smirk on his lips, "I love you and he has to learn to be okay with it." Ronnie leaned down and touched his lips to mine.

I pulled back and looked up to him. "He's not going to be."

Ronnie rolled his eyes at me and leaned down so that his lips were near my ear. "Fuck what your dad thinks about us," he whispered, "It's you and me, not you, me, and Brett."

I licked my lips as I took in his words. I knew that he wanted me to stop caring what my father thought of us. "He just makes me feel insecure about us, baby," I told Ronnie, looking up into his chocolate eyes.

Ronnie scoffed. Not angrily, but like I had nothing to worry about. "I'm so sure about us, Att, that I should be sure enough for you too."

I nodded my head. "You were 'sure' about us before we were ever dating," I told him pointedly.

Ronnie grinned and shrugged his shoulders. "I knew you'd love me."

"Mm," I hummed, "You did, did you?"

Ronnie nodded once and leaned down to kiss me. I kissed him back for just a minute before I heard hooting and hollering from behind him. I pulled away and looked over his shoulder, laughing when Derek, Mika, Jacky, and Ryan stood at the entrance of the lobby, clapping and cat-calling at Ronnie and I.

Ronnie held his middle finger up to them and used his other hand to pull my chin back to him. I kissed him again, wiping the smile off of my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave me a comment. (: