Sequel: Infinite

Trouble-Maker

First Show

I stood on the side of the stage with the guys, my fingers in between Ronnie's as he squeezed my hand. He wasn't nervous, just ready. I climbed the steps with them but stopped before the fans could see me. They kept walking out onto the stage as the kids in crowd started to scream with all their might.

A smile replaced the nervous look on my face as Ronnie very slowly walked to the edge of the stage. He looked out over the heads of the fans, then to the left and right at the security guards who stood at the barriers. Ronnie's eyes scanned over the faces of as many people as he could. Then he grinned and lifted the microphone to his life.

"Hello, Salt Lake," he said, smirking, "I'm back!"

The crowd screamed louder than before and there were cheers and proclamations of love for Ronnie. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back against a large pillar that was holding the stage up.

The guys started in on "The Drug in Me is You" and the crowd went wild. I walked as everyone standing in front of the stage sang along to every word and copied ever motion from their music video.

"I felt the darkness as it tried to pull me down. . ."

But there was nothing holding Ronnie down as he took control of the stage. I cheered with everyone else as Jacky went wild, his fingers moving over the frets faster than I'd ever witnessed in person. The musicians moved around the stage and Ronnie flipped his hair out of his face as sweat accumulated on his body.

The song ended and they went right into the next one off their album without even saying a world. Tragic Magic got an even larger scream. They moved through their album, Ronnie's voice sounding better than I'd ever heard before.

I sang along most of the time, but every few minutes I'd stop and close my eyes, letting my ear take in the sound of my boyfriend on stage enjoying every second his big moment. Of his return to the limelight, to the music industry, to the stage.

"Due to mistakes I have made to the state, I am trapped inside a dillinger. Dilligently thinking of ways to get out of the god-awful place."

Ronnie's album was honestly a retelling of everything that went wrong with his life. He spilled his guts to the crowd and they loved it. Being on stage was truly where he was supposed to be.

My stomach was in knots as they played their show and performed their songs. I wasn't surprised by how good they were on stage. Each of them contributed something to the show. Ronnie brought his raw energy and emotion. Jacky, his quiet perfection. Derek brought his charm and smiles. Mika brought his calm and collected attitude. And Ryan brought his skills and intensity.

I watched all of the guys, but mostly my eyes lingered on Ronnie. Sure, it was their band, but it was Ronnie's moment. He was sweating from head to toe as he caught his breath to speak to the crowd.

"Alright," he said loudly, pointing out at them, "We've got one more song to play for you guys." Ronnie glanced back at his band mates. "I'm pretty sure you all know it."

"Situations, are irrelevant now!"

I grinned as Ronnie started singing the song from his old days. It was sign that he'd moved on from everything in his past. Everything was truly irrelevant now. It didn't matter what had happened with Escape the Fate or during that fight in the desert years ago. What really mattered was that Ronnie got another change to be something great.

And as he jumped around on stage singing his heart out and spilling his story, it was plain to see that Ronnie was a hero to a lot of kids. He was an icon for what not to do but he was also determined to change that. Ronnie wanted to lead these kids in the right direction.

No drugs, no drinking, and no stupid accidents that would land you a stint in a Nevada prison. It was like Ronnie was being reborn on that stage. Worry free and ready.

Ronnie looked to me as he sang the final verse. I grinned at him and nodded my head quickly. He turned back and stared at the people who still believed in him.

He was on his way to becoming great. He was on his way to changing the minds of every person who has ever spouted off about him.

It didn't matter where he'd come from or whether or not his father had raised him right in the absence of his mother. What really mattered was that he was on stage with his life like putty in his hands. It was up to only him now. He was finally in control of his own fate.

And he realized it, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really super short but I think it was worth reading.
I'm not sure if I'm going to end this soon or drag it out a little longer. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

I'm leaving out of town tomorrow. But if you want something else of mine to read you should check out my new story Rewind.
I was really skeptical of starting it, so please leave me a comment so I know what you think. I'd love to hear from you guys, please. (:

Image