In All This Chaos

Chapter One

Image

As the cool Alaskan breeze hit my face, I smiled. It was finally summer. As my junior year came to a close, I knew I was slowly finding my inner happiness. As I got to the dirt trail that was my driveway I saw that both my parents cars were home. I knew that some shit was going down because of this. When I walked inside my house I noticed that everyone was in the living room.

I kicked off my Vans and dropped my backpack onto the floor. My mom and dad were sitting on the opposite side of where my brother Lance was sitting on the sofa. Lance’s face looked as if he heard Taking Back Sunday broke up. My mom then motioned for me to sit next to Lance.

“Mom, Dad, what’s going on?” I asked.
“We’re getting a divorce.” They said. My heart fell to my feet.
“You guys don’t fight or seem unhappy, nothing at all.” I was fighting back tears.
“We do fight, and we are unhappy. Your mother is going to have you while I’ll have Lance. You’ll also be moving to Arizona so you and your mom will be close to her family.” My dad said.

The tears fell down my face and even when I wiped them with the back of my sleeve they didn’t go away permanently.

“Don’t cry Kendele.” My mom said sitting on the coffee table in front of me.
“But this is ridiculous; I thought you guys loved each other.”
“So did we.” My mom said looking back at my dad and wiping my tears.
“Well, I have to go back to work. Lance need a ride to baseball?” My dad said.

He was so calm and collected like nothing was happening to him or his family. They left and my mom was still sitting in front of me. She sighed.

“When did all of this happen?” I asked her.
“I knew you were going to ask that, Kenny it started on your 16th birthday.”
“So it’s been almost a year?”
“Yup, I found out he was cheating.” My mom’s voice stayed strong.
“Oh,” I couldn’t say anything else but that.
“Well, I’m going to go cook dinner.” She walked in to the kitchen.

I envied my mom for being so strong. She was strong when Lance and I didn’t have a Christmas because my dad drained our savings to start a failing business. She was strong when she found out she had lung cancer and my dad never visited her. After all of the drama I decide to go over my best friend Taylor’s house. I knew she would understand her mom has gotten divorced a ton of times.

I knocked on Taylor’s like a mad man.
“What the fuck bro?” She said.
“I really need to talk.”
“Aww, well come on in, kick off your dusty vans and we’ll talk over ice cream.”

I smiled at the fact she knew me so well, ice cream and a good talk. No wonder she’s my best friend. I walked into the kitchen to her with a tub of strawberry ice cream and two spoons. We plopped ourselves on the couch and began to have our Dr. Phil session.

“So what’s up?” Taylor said with a spoon full of ice cream in her mouth.
“My parents are getting a divorce, oh yeah and I’m moving to Arizona.” I said bluntly.
“What?”
“My dad is a pig.”
“Knew that, your dad hates me because I’m beautiful.”
“Um, I wouldn’t go that far but I’m guessing there not in love.”
“Kendele, when are you moving?”
“I think when the school year is over.”
“Shitty Dicks!”
“You really need to stop hanging out with your brothers friends.”
“I’m sorry.”
Taylor and I sat in silence it wasn’t the good type either it was the awkward type.
“You’re not going to find someone better than me right?” Taylor said with worry in her eyes.
“Never,” I said
“Not even a boy?”
“Not even a boy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Kgo. I guess i like it i worte it in math class.
comment/rate?