In All This Chaos

Chapter 12

Image

I had just grabbed my first beer and sat down on one of Tim’s chairs in his backyard, minding my own business and wallowing in my own self-misery when I received an unwelcomed visitor taking the place next to me.

We both sat there in silence, the both of us taking long gulps out of our beer bottles.

He broke the silence. “What happened between you and John?”

Of course Halvo would be the one to ask that sort of thing. I rolled my eyes at the thought of what happened. “Nothing,” I responded statically.

“That’s a lie,” he challenged and then asked again, “What happened?”

I shook my head side-to-side and told him simply and blandly with a shrug of my shoulders, “He’s just fucking around with that whore.”

“You and John are fucking around?” he questioned with a ruffle of his eyebrows to lighten the mood.

“Very funny, Halvo.”

“So what actually happened?” he asked as he nudged my shoulder.

“Nothing!” I can’t believe he doesn’t trust me; nothing fucking happened. John’s just a motherfucking idiot.

Halvo just shook his head at me. “I know something’s up,” he said to me knowingly. “John’s over there sulking,” he told me as he pointed over to one of the trees over in the corner of the Kirch backyard where I saw a blob of black and plaid growing off of the tree. “He wanted to start off with some Jack, but Tim made sure he didn’t get any. You know what that stuff does to him.” Whenever John has Jack Daniels, he does something incredibly stupid; like knocking out his two front teeth because he didn’t think a furniture fight would be dangerous. Halvo ended up throwing a cornhole board at his face and knocking John’s teeth out.

I studied John’s features. He was sitting on the grass, his back leaning up against the large trunk of the tree, staring at the brown wooden fence with a couple of beers sitting next to him. He looked rather depressed and it kind of broke my heart; John’s not one of those people to go off on the lonely track without good reasoning too. I stared at him for a second as he threw an empty can aside and opened another. “Yeah, I do,” I whispered out.

“If you’re not gonna go over there and talk to him, then you can be my little whore for the night,” Eric said as he draped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close into his chest.

“I’m not drunk enough for any of that, Eric.”

“Fair enough,” he nodded. “I’ll consider that a rain-check,” he winked at me. “And as for our boy, you better get over to him before he gets drunk enough and does something he’ll regret,” he said one more time, nodding over to John.

“He can do whatever the fuck he wants,” I spat. “I don’t care.”

Eric downed the rest of his beer and mused, “Whatever you say, Bay. Whatever you say.”

Eric’s words somehow got to me because after that conversation I couldn’t take my eyes off of the sulking, anti-social John O’Callaghan. Once I finished the rest of my beer I rolled my eyes, sighed to myself, placed the empty bottle next to my chair, and sauntered off towards my unworthy friend.

“What’s up with you?” I asked as I came closer to John.

He looked up at me for a moment and then looked down at the grass in front of him, answering me with a mumbled, “Nothing.”

“That’s bull,” I called him out as I sat down on the grass next to him. I reached over him and grabbed his last can of beer. Something was definitely wrong with him since he was drinking Bud instead of the usual Heineken. “What happened?” I questioned, struggling with the flip top.

John being the ever-so-wonderful gentleman that he is, snatched the beverage out of my hand, opened it, and then gave it back to me. “Besides the fact that you flipped a shit on me and then stormed out without letting me explain?” he answered me in a not-so-happy tone.

Was he seriously pissed about that? It was nothing. We fight all the time and I walk out on him like every other day. He should be used to it by now. “Yeah, about that…” I scratched my head as I tried to think of a logical reason for what I had done. “I don’t know why I wigged out,” I told him truthfully, although deep down I did know why. I just don’t want to admit any of it.

“You and me both,” he mumbled as he took a big swig of his drink.

I studied his body language and lost my bitch demeanor quickly. I was worried about him.
“So what happened?”

He shrugged and rolled his eyes, “Kendele kissed me.”

I rolled my eyes back at him, although he definitely didn’t see it. “Obviously.”

He knew I wasn’t giving up on the subject. “Then I went over to find out why, and she started smacking and yelling at me because she figured out that you knew,” he added to fill in some of the blanks of the story. “And then she told me she liked Jared and said it was all out of rage.” As he said this I studied his face, trying to find any sense of emotion there.

John was one of those guys who, whenever he’s upset or whatever, he becomes anti-social and has that one stoic and pissed face that he just wears until he gets over whatever it is that’s got his panties in a bunch. I noticed that, just by looking at his eyes as he looked off into the distance, drinking his beer, that he was upset. Really, really upset and the wheels in his head were turning, I just couldn’t figure out what was going on in there then.

I even told you she had a thing for Jared.” I just couldn’t contain myself, it had to be said.

“Shut up.”

“I’m sorry,” I apologized as I rested my head against his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his forearm comfortingly. “The girls a slutty bitch whore.”

He chuckled at the latter, a smile finally gracing his features even for a moment. “I wonder how Jared deals with her,” he shook his head, most likely thinking of the answer himself.

“I don’t know, maybe he’s blind,” I tried to reassure him. “Or she’s skitzo or something.”

This time he didn’t laugh, but a small smile did pop up once again before he responded, “Or something.”

Silence took over us. It wasn’t one of those awkward silences, because John and I never have any of those. But it was one of those silences where he was over thinking and I was just comfortable there with him.

I looked up at him; his head was resting on the tree and his eyes were closed in relaxation.

“I love you, John,” I said to him as I cuddled in closer.

He snaked his arm out of my grasp and it over my shoulders so that he could hold me close instead. He wrapped his arm around me, and I grabbed his other hand in my own now that he was out of alcohol. He kissed my forehead, “I love you too, Bay.”

We sat there together for a short while happily in each other’s arms. When I felt that John mellowed out a bit I figured I’d take that time to skip away for a moment.

“I’m gonna go grab another beer since we’re out,” I said to him since I was a little parched and absolutely not drunk enough for my liking.

“Okay, I’ll be here,” he looked up at me and gave me a reassuring smile, trying to tell me that he was okay now.

I walked across the lawn and back to the deck where the cooler was, ignoring the looks and animal sounds I got from Halvo as I walked by. On my way I noticed a very familiar and enchanting guy sitting alone on one of the stools, a beer in hand. I reached into the cooler and tried to wrack my brain for any recollection on who this guy was and where I knew him from. Why is he so familiar? He has to be new or else he wouldn’t be sitting alone. I think I’d remember hooking up with something like that, right?

I couldn’t figure him out, so instead I decided to let him do the remembering.

I sauntered over to him and asked, “Hey, are you new here?” I put on my $10,000 no-braces smile to hook him right away, and made sure there was a twinkle in my eyes.

He smiled back and laughed, “Is it that obvious?” He hopped off of the stool and placed his can on the floor to give me his undivided attention.

“Yeah, just a little,” I laughed back. His eyes were a very nice mix of hazel and green in the lamp light and he had a small gap in between his two front teeth which added to his cute factor. “I’m Bay, by the way,” I said, extending out my hand for him to shake. I couldn’t deny that there was something very familiar and striking about him.

He grabbed my hand. “Kennedy.” His hand was soft, but I could feel that his fingers were slightly calloused; it intrigued me.

“So, Kennedy,” I started up the conversation, “Why are you at this lame-ass party?” I asked, taking a sip of my freshly opened beer.

“I was dragged by a friend of mine.”

I raised an eyebrow and questioned in a flirty manner, “A friend?”

“Yeah,” He confirmed, that cute smile still plastered on his face, “We’ve known each other since we were little and our parents want us to get reacquainted.” I noticed that he rolled his eyes at the latter, obviously doubting the parent’s notion.

“So where is he?”

“She went off somewhere with some guy,” he corrected me with a roll of his eyes, of which I guessed was more to her actions than to me thinking he came here with a guy.

“That sucks.”

“Tell me about it.” That smile still hadn’t left his face; and by god was it contagious, I couldn’t keep one off of me as well.

“You like her?” I questioned, downing some more liquid confidence. If he did than this was definitely a waste of my time. At this point I’d probably get more out of John than this guy.

Kennedy’s answer was a simple, “She’s hot.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit, “Spoken like a true man.”

“Nah, I don’t know her,” he said, backtracking to answer my question. “We just met like an hour ago.”

“Are you guys having an arranged marriage or something?” I blurted out with a light chuckle. What is this guy? He’s in one fucking weird situation.

“Not that I’m aware of.”

That made me smile. Maybe I could get something out of him after all. “So, no girlfriend?”

“Nope,” he shook his head. “Unless you want the job?” he said seriously with a wink of his eye.

“Very smooth, Kennedy, very smooth.”

The two of us stood there unsure of what to say at that moment, so I just took the liberty to drink some more.

“You didn’t answer my question,” I said, deciding to backtrack to keep this whole little thing going. Kennedy was hot and new. And he intrigued me, to say the least.

“You didn’t answer mine,” he retorted with a heart melting smirk.

“I like you, Kennedy.”

“The feeling is mutual,” he nodded in agreement. “So, about that job…” he trailed off,
wagging his eyebrows and causing me to erupt in genuine laughter.

I shook my head “no” and bit my lip. “I don’t date random guys I meet while intoxicated,” I told him blandly.

Kennedy closed the already small distance between us and captured my lips skillfully between his in a light, addictive first kiss.

“Does that change your mind?”

“Nope,” I shook my head, trying to stop myself from smiling like an idiot and losing my demeanor. “I have standards.”

Kennedy looked at me questioningly and I just raised my eyebrows at him in a response.

“Wanna get out of here?” he asked quietly.

I smiled back, “I know just the place.”

I grabbed Kennedy’s hand in mine and led him into the Kirch household, hopefully nearly unnoticed because if a few certain people saw, I’d sure get hell in the morning.

We dodged past Rex mixing drinks in the kitchen for some blonde bimbo and made our way up the steps and to the spare bedroom.

I led us into the dark room and closed the door behind us. Once I did so, Kennedy’s lips were readily attached to mine. As we kissed and his hands ran along my back, Kennedy backed us up to the bed so I fell back with him hovering over me. He moved his lips to my neck as my breathing started to become ridged.

“So what are they?” he asked when he stopped his actions for a quick breath and then continued assaulting my neck.

“What’re what?” I gasped out as he found my sweet spot.

“Your standards for a boyfriend,” he clarified in my ear and I was nearly thrown off by the sex in his voice.

“They’re not that bad, actually,” I responded as Kennedy was now working on the other side of my neck.

“Well we obviously know you don’t date random drunken guys,” he said against my blazing skin with a smile.

“Yeah, that one keeps me out of trouble,” I chuckled in between breaths.

“What?” he stopped what he was doing and looked me straight in the eyes. “How many random guys do you hook up with?”

“You don’t need to know.” I took this chance to capture his lips in between my own once more. I was done with the stupid talking. I wanted him right then and right there, and this chit chat was starting to annoy me.

Kennedy pulled away, causing me to let out a little whine. “I think I should know,” he said. “I don’t want to get an STD or something!”

“I can assure you I have no STD’s.”

“That you know of,” he countered with a playful smirk that made my heart melt once more.

“I guess you wouldn’t want more of this then.”

“This-“ he started to question before I cut him off.

I kissed him again, this time with much more passion and let my tongue slip in and dance with his own. I attempted to flip us over but he was much stronger than I, so it was a failed attempt and Kennedy would assume the dominant role for the evening, unfortunately.

We didn’t get that far before Kennedy started questioning me about my standards again.

Kennedy was out of breath when he asked, “What’re the others?” Then he went right back to most likely leaving marks along my neck.

“Light colored eyes,” I huffed out. “Green are my favorite.”

“Check,” he spoke and then went right back to what he was doing.

“Make me laugh,” I listed off another.

Kennedy moved his hands under my shirt so that he grazed the skin of my stomach and danced his fingers speedily until I was in a breathless fit of laughter from the tickles.
“Check.”

“Make me smile.”

He kissed the tip of my nose and then looked me in the eyes, my smile was still there from the tickle fit. He’s one smart bastard. “Check.”

“Taller than me.”

“How tall are you?” he questioned.

“5’8”.” I breathed out as his hand started to trail down to my jeans.

“Check.”

As we continued with our actions, we continued going back and forth orally. “Drinker.”

“Check.”

“Musician.”

“Really?” He stopped what he was doing to match his eyes to my own blue ones, looking
rather surprised.

“Yeah,” I nodded sheepily. “There’s something hot about a guy with a guitar,” I shrugged.

“Check,” he pecked my lips.

“Really?”

“Yeah,” he nodded with a slight crooked smile. I could see that small space in between his two front teeth that made him look so much more attractive. “I’ve been playing guitar since I was ten.”

“No way!”

“Yes, way,” he mocked me. “Looks like we’re perfect for each other.” His green eyes bore into mine and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Looks like it.” I kissed him again, and we went back to getting carried away.

There was something about Kennedy confessing that he’s an aspiring musician that made me feel completely safe and at ease with him. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s something. Maybe because musicians are so familiar to me that it makes it easier to be with him? I just don’t know. All I know is that now, he’s ten times hotter than before. And that’s not the alcohol talking.

Kennedy was hovering over me, the both of us now only in our underwear. I’m convinced that even if I wasn’t wasted, I would have had sex with Kennedy. There is just that something that I can’t explain and I’m hoping that this will be more than just a one night stand.

Light was let into the room by an unknown source. “Woah. Sorry! I’m just gonna… Yeah.” Was all I caught before the room became dark once again. All the while Kennedy didn’t stop his motions.

“I think someone just walked in on us?” I breathed out. Shit. I knew I should have locked the door. Now I couldn’t get back into the moment because my mind was so filled up with who it could have been that walked in on us, and all the scenarios that could happen when I exit the room.

“I think they left,” Man was he persistent.

“As fun as this is,” I said as I started to push him off of me, “I’m going to the bathroom.”

I was halfway across the room when Kennedy called out in what I guess he thought was seductively, “I could take care of that for you.” He was lying on his side facing me, propped up on his elbow. He was in nothing but navy blue boxer briefs, and I could take in his hairless chest, with abs daintily showing, and a nice little beer belly threatening to show on his small, muscular frame.

I countered with furrowed eyebrows, “You want me to piss in your mouth?”

“No, but I’ll cum in yours,” he winked.

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the adjacent bathroom door after picking up my phone from the floor. “You’re nasty.”

“And you’re beautiful.”

I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face as I walked away. He’s just too perfect.

I locked myself in the bathroom and started checking my phone because the LED light was flashing red non-stop.

Alas, there was nothing important. Just John flooding my phone with massive worry texts.
Right, I was supposed to bring him some more beer. Oops.

John (9:53PM): Where’d you go?

John (9:59PM): Bay? You still here?

John (10:02PM): Are you hurt?

John (10:05PM): Did something happen?

John (10:07PM): BAY FUCKING ANSWER ME!!!!

I checked the time on my phone and noticed that his last text was sent fifteen minutes ago. Whoops. Guess I better text him before he has a fucking conniption.

To: John
I’m fine. I’m with someone. Later. :)


After sending John the “I’m still alive, don’t start staking people” text, I inspected myself in the mirror. My long dirty blonde hair was frizzy and sticking to my body with sweat, my bra strap was falling off my shoulder, I could see and feel the hickeys arising along my neck and collarbone. The only thing that seemed to be in place was my thong. Thank God.

I tried to put myself together a bit before going back to Kennedy.

“Where were we?” he asked as he grabbed me by my waist in his arms and flipped us over so that he was hovering over me once again, his beautiful lust-filled eyes boring into mine.

“Let’s go somewhere,” I suggested with a sly smile to hopefully convince him further. I didn’t want to be here, especially since someone walked in on us and now that John’s on the hunt for me.

John is like my protective older brother. He’ll let me do as I please for the most part, but once some “random” guy or guy in general comes near me he turns into fucking Jack the Ripper. He’ll hunt me and the guy down and put a stop it whatever it is we were doing. Hell, I remember we were at some party a long while back and I went with this kid to listen to some new music he found, and John busted in on us sitting on the couch listening to the songs and he fucking just dragged me out of there, claiming that he was just going to get me “chilled out” and then take advantage of me. To say the least, John’s crazy.

“Where do you want to go?” Kennedy asked.

“Anywhere but here,” I pushed him off of me so I could start putting my clothes back on.

Kennedy was still sitting on the bed, watching me get decent when he asked, “My place or yours?”

“Is anyone home at your place?” I asked as I threw my shirt on.

“My brother,” he answered, starting to put his things on as well.

“Let’s go to my mom’s place,” I offered, zipping up my jeans. “She’s away.”

Once both of us were back to decent as we could be, I grabbed Kennedy by the hand and started leading him back out to the party. “God I love you,” he mused.

“That better be the alcohol talking.”

I led Kennedy down the stairs and right out the front door to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Sorry for the wait. I've been through a series of unfortunate technical events.

xxx
- Dom