In All This Chaos

Chapter Five

Image

The hot Arizona sun beamed through my big bedroom window. I moved in about three weeks ago and just finished the finishing touches yesterday. I looked up at the alarm clock to see in semi-clear red numbers that it was 10:45am. I fumbled for my glasses on my side table and checked out my window for the same people every day; the short dirty blonde female and the tall lanky brunette boy that seemed to routinely hang out across the street. I've come to the conclusion that I’m pretty sure about, which is that they're dating. I’ve never seen them kiss but they sure are a cute couple. When I saw them sitting on the porch I decided that today is the day to introduce them to Kendele Mikca Johnston.

I took a shower and then took about ten minutes to get my curls tamed and put on my most appropriate attire; jean shorts, a stripe tank top and some slip on Vans. I even wore my contacts; I rarely wear them because I hate to touch my eyes.

“Sweetheart where are you going?” my mother asks me while reading the ‘National Enquirer’. She was a sucker for tabloids.

“I’m going to meet the people across the street.” I said with some confidence streaming through my voice.

“Well, you look pretty” She smiled and went back to reading.

She was never a talker, that’s probably the main reason why I’m so awkward.

I left out the door to see the boy, girl, and two other boys on the porch.

I walked right up to the house and said “Hi, I’m Kendele. I just moved across the street.”
The girl rolled her eyes and laughed at my attempt to meet people.

“I’m John, and this is my house,” The brunette boy said as he stepped off of his porch and shakes my hand. “That’s Bay” he continued as he pointed to the girl.

“Aye Bay Bay” I said. I couldn’t hold it in. I knew I should because she would probably hate me, but it was so tempting and it depleted the awkwardness a little bit.

All the boys were laughing at my comment, even John.

“Oh so original,” Bay said. “You’re just so funny.” She continued with heavy sarcasm.

“I was waiting for someone to do that," the ginger boy said. "I’m Jared.” Jared was beautiful to me. I don’t know why, but him, his disposition, and his strawberry blonde hair are very attractive; he's something you don't see in Alaska everyday.

“I now claim you my new best friend," a chubby brown haired boy said. "I'm Max.” Max was pretty cute too but I was still stuck on Jared.

“I’m sorry, Bay.” I said with pure innocence in my voice as I looked over at her sitting there with a pissed off look.

She just rolled her eyes and started whispering to John.

“So where did you move from, you have an accent.” Jared asked.

“Juno Mountain, Alaska.” I said with pride.

“Do they really have penguins there?” Max asked.

I chuckled, “No, it’s not that cold.”

“Why did you move?” John then asked.

My heart sunk, and I fought back the tears that were trying to break free. No matter how much my mother tries to console me, the divorce and my reasoning for being here is a very touchy subject. “My parents got a divorce and they told us when it was all finalized, and mom and I moved down here to be closer to her family.” My voice was hoarse as I choked those words out.

Jared patted my hand.

“Cool, my parents are divorced too," Bay informed me. "And that should be a good thing; two Christmases.” Bay said with a smirk.

“Bay, not everyone is like you. People take things in different ways.” John scolded her, pushing her shoulder.

“Well I’m sorry, Miss. Princess Perfect, but you don’t live in a perfect world." She snipped at me. "I have to meet my dad now, so I’ll see you three later.” Bay pointed to Max, Jared, and John.

So much for having a new girl best friend.

“I’m sorry she can be a little harsh to new people.” John said.

“Its fine, I understand. I guess I should be going too.” I said getting up off the step where I sat next to Jared.

“Wait,” Jared said pulling me back down. “Can I have your number?”

I smiled and agreed. “Me too!” Max said in a baby-like voice.

“And I third that receiving of the cell phone number!” John says in a fancy voice.

I gave them all my number and went back on my way home.

“So I’m guessing meeting new people was a success?” My mom said while in the kitchen when I walked in.

“3/4 of it was.” I said while taking a seat on a bar stool.

“Aww sweetheart who?”

“A girl named Bay. I could tell she didn’t like me.”

“She’ll come around, I promise.”

I got up and went to my room to check for any new text messages, preferably from Taylor who hasn't spoken to me since that day all too long ago. But, there were 3 new text messages that flashed up on my phone.

‘It’s Max bro, text me back!”

‘Get Crunk Mother Fucka Get Crunk, love John’

‘I think you’re pretty darn cute Alaska – Jared’
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry i'm so late! i was in florida! and i had no time to type but i had some down time
enjoy comment love it down.

-criss <3