Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

XI

I went to school the next day, but Jace didn't. I hadn't talked to Mom since then either, both of us fully ignoring the other.

I couldn't believe she would do something like that. Understandably, she probably doesn't appreciate her only son being gay, but way to shove it in my face there, Mom.

I sighed, shaking my head as I sat in Art at the back table, pinching the bridge of my nose as the teacher started talking to someone who had come in late. I jumped slightly when the seat next to me moved, watching Jace as he hopped onto the stool and arranged everything to his liking before yawning. I continued staring until he looked back, raising an eyebrow.

"Something I can help you with?"

I felt my eyes widen as I quickly shook my head, looking back down to my own painting and dabbing random dots on the paper with the brush.

"Someone's rather quiet today." Jace mumbled. I glanced over, shrugging. "Not much to talk about."

"On the contrary. I think we have a lot to talk about."

"Well I'd rather not talk about it in public, if you don't mind." I sighed, glaring down at the paper as Jace smirked. "Alright, whatever you say."

Jace pestered me all day up until school let out, even following me to the bus when he finally stopped. "You're just lucky I drove this morning." he mumbled. I raised an eyebrow this time, crossing my arms over my chest. "You know I could probably file for harassment." I replied. He smiled, shrugging slightly. "It'd be worth it."

I felt myself smile slightly, ducking my head and sighing to try and cover it with annoyance. "If you're sitting in my living room when I get home, I'll have to shoot you." I commented, turning to go on the bus, faintly hearing him laughing as he walked away.

I unlocked the door when I got off the bus, going into the living room and setting my bag onto the couch in front of me. Except I was pretty sure couches didn't say 'ow'.

"Warn a guy Willow, damn..."

I rolled my eyes as Jace sat up, rubbing his chest where I was assuming my bag landed. "What are you doing here?" I asked. He thought for a second before smiling. "Oh right. Well, better go get that gun if you're gonna shoot me."

"... Maybe later."

"Awesome," he inhaled, causing me to prepare for a rather long sentence, "So I was thinking last night, hey, what do I care if my best friends gay, he's still a person, so I decided I wasn't mad at you even though sleeping in the same rooms gonna be slightly awkward now, but anyway, I'm sorta mad that I found out from your Mom, ya know, because if I was gay, I'd tell you, and hey, then we could go be gay together and everyone would be happy, but I'm getting off topic-" He paused to take another breath, "-So that's my feelings on the whole 'Gay Willow' situation."

I stood still for a minute before tilting my head. "You... You're not mad? You don't randomly hate me? Or anything?"

"... No. If anything it'll make me wanna be naked in front of you more often." Jace shrugged casually as I tried not to blush at the comment, instead glaring slightly. "What? I like compliments on my body." he smirked. I sighed. "And what makes you think I'll compliment your body?" I asked, heading toward the kitchen as he followed and leaned against the counter. "Oh please, I am sexy as all living Hell and you know it."

"Try narcissistic as all living Hell."

He tilted his head thoughtfully for a minute. "Yeah, that too." I smiled, snorting as I shook my head.

Learning that Jace didn't mind having a gay best friend made me feel quite a bit better. The rest of the week was spent by Jace trying to finger paint in Art, ignoring Mom, and Jace, again, telling me to rate other guys. Highly interesting.

"So, what about Bruce Willis?"

"... five."

"Seriously? That's it?"

"I'm not into bald men." I smiled, messing with my calculator while doing Math homework. "Alright, how about Spiderman?"

I grimaced. "Whiny." Jace gaped at me, leaning over the back of the couch. "'Whiny'? The hell is wrong with you? I love Spiderman." I glanced over at him before sighing and taking off my glasses to clean them. "I think he's whiny. And not really good looking, personally."

Jace rolled his eyes, rolling over so he was sprawled across the furniture with his feet hanging over the edge. "And get the hell off my couch like that." I added. He glared and rolled onto the floor loudly with a quiet 'ow' before crawling over to me and peeking over the top of the table at my homework. "The hell is wrong with you? Did you have an excess of sugar or something?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Maybe. Oh my God there's a Mardi Gras party this Saturday for next Tuesday and you're coming with me. You're gonna be my designated driver." he stated, nodding with finality as my eyes widened.

Designated driver. Again. With Jace. (I'm assuming we all remember what happened last time...)

"You don't... Plan on getting drunk, do you?" I asked timidly. He snorted. "Hell yeah. I'm gonna get fucked up. It's the only thing I can do with my Saturday; Leah's a fucking tease, and while I may be a bit of a man-whore, I don't cheat." he mumbled. I smirked. "Admitting it is the first step to solving the problem, Jace." I told him.

"Oh fuck you."

The Mardi Gras party on Saturday was at a friend of Jace's house. Compared to the last party, everyone was significantly more sober, and quite a bit more friendly. I left Jace and headed for the kitchen, looking around for something to drink that was non-alcoholic. Fortunately where was some regular soda, of which I grabbed a cup before going back to the main room and fighting through the crowd to find Jace, already with Leah and a few shots of Alcohol.

I stayed beside him for most of the time, watching as he downed shot after shot, eventually sitting down with Leah and sighing. I sat my drink near him, telling him to watch it in case anyone did something to it (We got that a lot where we lived) while I went to the bathroom. As I came back, I found Jace had left, leaving my cup and a few shot glasses where he had been sitting.

I inspected my drink before downing the rest of it, frowning slightly at the strange taste before setting my cup back down.

Half an hour later I started to get tired, yawning constantly as I tried to keep my eyes open. Jace came by once, looking at me momentarily before lightly squeezing my shoulder and carrying on, pulling Leah along as well. After a while I started to feel awake again. Then, I started to feel restless. What the Hell is going on, I thought to myself as I stood up, hoping to get rid of some of the sudden energy when it finally hit me.

There was something in my drink.

The rest of my rational thought process flew out the window soon after, leaving me feeling too happy and excited. I couldn't stop smiling, and whenever I sat down I had to stand five minute later, or be reduced to tapping my foot on the floor. I went to the bathroom again, since all the loud noise was starting to get slightly irritating.

I couldn't have been in the small room for more than five minutes before the door was opened again and a girl walked in, shutting the door behind her and turning off one set of lights before smiling. Her hair was covering half of her face, and her arms were covered in glow-in-the-dark bracelets, which I felt my eyes follow intently. You'd think she'd just come from a Rave instead of a simple Mardi Gras party.

She downed a shot, giggling and setting it on the counter near the sink behind me and moving closer, so that we were barely an inch apart. She leaned closer to my ear and I felt her smile more, making me involuntarily shiver until she spoke.

"Hello Willow..."

I recognized the voice as my eyes slid shut of their own volition and I shivered again, harder. "Leah..."

I heard her giggle again before I felt her hands go underneath my shirt, causing me to gasp before my mouth was assaulted by hers. I had never kissed anyone before, so I asked myself why I hadn't as I felt her tongue glide across mine, making me moan quietly as she worked my shirt up higher and tried to unbutton my pants at the same time.

I carefully put my hands on her hips, pushing her back toward the wall while she wrapped her legs around my waist, ignoring my pants in favor of running her hands over my spine and shoulder blades. I couldn't understand why I was so sensitive, all I knew was that I needed to be touched more, pressing myself against her as she smiled against my mouth. "Holy Shit Willow..." she murmured.

I froze in place, opening my eyes to stare at her before letting go of her. "No..." I heard myself, but it sounded muted compared to my heart. How I hadn't realized how fast and hard it was beating was beyond me, but Leah stayed against the wall, rolling her eyes. "Willow-"

"-What the fuck is going on?"

We both turned, me considerably slower, toward the door to see Jace, glancing back and forth between the two of us.

"Anyone want to explain?"