Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

XII

I opened my mouth to say something to Jace, but found that nothing would come out as he stood there fuming, glaring between Leah and I. So, of course, Leah decided to speak up for me.

“Jace, baby, I am so sorry! I didn't know that would happen!”

I raised an eyebrow. Damn right she better confess.

“I just came in to see if he was alright, and the next thing I know I'm shoved up a wall with his tongue down my throat!”

My head snapped over to Leah, making things spin momentarily before it became clear again and I glared as much as possible.

Jace's gaze locked onto Leah as well, confused at first before he sighed and hung his head. “Leah, babe-”

“Jace, please, I'm telling the truth, Willow attacked me damn it!”

He sighed again, glaring somewhat as Leah walked over and tightly hugged his waist. “Jace, please, baby...” she mumbled. Jace bent his head down, whispering and forcing me to strain just to hear what he said next.

“Leah... Want to know how I know you're lying?”

“I'm not ly-”

“Willow's gay.”

I felt my eyes widen as I heard Jace say that to Leah, watching her slowly turn to me. I imagine that I had that deer-in-the-headlights look by her sudden smirk. She turned back to Jace, letting go of him and putting her hands on her hips.

“Fine. I kissed your best friend. And in all honesty, I'd do it again. Goodbye Jace.” she ducked underneath his arm and left the bathroom, leaving me to stare at the floor as Jace stepped closer. “Damn... What is it with women fucking me over all the time?” he sighed. I felt myself snort as any happy feeling quickly left, replaced with anger, and a not-too-small feeling of betrayal.

I slowly looked up at Jace, gently raising my hand to touch his cheek. As he frowned slightly, I pulled the hand back, clenching it into a fist.

“Whoa, okay, Will, let's think abou-”

I put as much force into it as possible as my fist collided with Jace's cheek, sending him back a few steps as he brought his hand up.

“You? Fuck you over? Jace, you do realize that you just basically fucked me over? That's the second time someone has 'outed' me, and it was to fucking Leah, who already doesn't like either of us! Me being Gay isgoing to go around the school faster than a naked picture of Brittney Spears!”

Jace was still holding his cheek and leaning against the sink as I brought my hands to my hair, pulling on it slightly while ignoring the tingle from it that told me the drug wasn't entirely done yet.

I shut my eyes tightly, sighing to myself before I sat on the edge of the tub. “Thats it. I'm done. Now I'm going to be jumped and thrown in dumpsters for the rest of my life.” I mumbled.

“I think you're exaggerating a bit.”

I slowly glanced up, giving Jace a long-suffering look. “Am I, Jace?”

He sighed, walking over and sitting beside me, pulling my hands out of my hair and holding them in his lap. “Look... It can't be that bad, I mean... It's not like you're the only gay person in the world... Just look at David Bowie!”

“... David Bowie is straight, Jace.”

“Oh... Then why does he wear makeup?”

I smiled slightly, pulling away from him and shaking my head. “I guess it shouldn't really surprise me. They were bound to find out anyway. Monday's gonna be a bitch though.”

“Look at the bright side... You have me!” Jace smiled, putting his arm around my shoulder while nodding.

Yes, I did have him. My best friend.

My insufferable, adorable, kind, unique, not-that-bright best friend that I happened to be in love with. How cliché.

“Yeah Jace. I have you.” I smiled back. He nodded again, patting my arm before standing up and stretching, rubbing his cheek one last time. “Sorry about that.” I mumbled. He shrugged. “I've had worse.”

I stood up as well, following Jace out of the bathroom and back toward the crowded living room. Apparently Leah hadn't liked the idea of spreading the news just yet; I hadn't gotten any stares or drinks to the face yet at least.

We walked outside to the car where Jace started unlocking it, making me frown. “Are you okay to drive?” I asked. He snorted and glanced up at me. “I'm better than you are right now.”

I glared back and got into the passenger seat, waiting for him to start the car; but he didn't.

“Um... Jace? Car?” I asked, glancing over to find him staring at me intently, barely blinking. “Is something wrong?” I asked again, feeling around my face to see if there was something there that shouldn't have been. I noticed him smile slightly before he began to lean forward, barely an inch away. But I didn't back away, because he was sober this time.

Which means that this was his own choice.

I'm not sure what made me happier- that it was voluntary or that I hadn't thrown up on him yet. (I felt slightly nauseous. My guess was the drug reacting to my medicine.)

he leaned forward some more, causing me to close my eyes as I felt his breath next to my mouth, making me to sigh quietly as I waited...

“Willow?”

My eyes shot open as I found myself pressed against the car door, looking around to find Jace looking over at me with an eyebrow raised. “You feel asleep. Thought you'd like to know that you're home.” he smirked. I sighed to myself, rubbing a hand over my face as I fumbled with the seat belt. “T-thank you, Jace...” I murmured, rolling my eyes at myself for stuttering, which he obviously ignored.

I managed to get out of the car easily, waving to him as he drove off and going up to the front door and unlocking it.

Note to self: Never fall asleep around Jace.