Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

XVII

“Jace, please try to pay attention.”

“Huh?” Jace looked up at me with a dumbfounded expression, the pen he was playing with falling out of his hands. “Oh. Sorry Will.”

I had been trying to do homework for the last hour with Jace, but he kept getting distracted. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, looking back down at my text book and trying to concentrate. It was a failed attempt when Jace started humming loudly, a song I hadn’t heard before. “Jace, please.”

“Right, right, sorry, I'm just... I don't know. Not with it I guess.”

“Obviously. You do know that if you don't get your grades up you'll be in eleventh grade again?”

“Yes, Will, I am aware.”

I frowned, taking off my glasses and pinching the bridge of my nose. “Alright, fine. We'll do homework later. Hungry?”

“Sort of.”

I nodded and stood up from the couch, going into the kitchen and looking for something to make for dinner. Mom was working late tonight, so dinner was 'pot luck' as she put it. I looked through the cabinets until I came across some noodles (you know, those cup-of-noodles things) and shrugged slightly. “How do you feel about noodles?” I asked loudly, grabbing them after I heard a faint “That's fine.”

I was boiling water on the stove when I heard Jace come up behind me, making me smile slightly. “Food's not done yet, go sit down.” I mumbled. He hummed in response and leaned down, resting his head on my shoulder and sighing. “I am so fucking tired.”

“Go take a nap?”

“But I'm hungry.”

“Well Jace, I can't solve all your problems. You're on your own.” I said, leaning against the counter and feeling Jace's body follow mine so his head was still on my shoulder, chest pressed against my back. “We should go take a nap.” he suggested. I frowned. “I'm trying to make you dinner, and you want me to go take a nap with you?”

“Yeah. You look like you could use a nap. You've been looking rather stressed lately.”

Well, between passing all my classes, putting up with what appears to be a slightly homophobic mother, dealing with Karow and the rest of the football players, and fooling around with the guy I liked? Yeah, no wonder.

“Oh. Must be all the class work I guess. I feel fine though. I don't need a nap. You can take one if you really want, the water and stuff can wait.” I replied, reaching toward the oven dial when Jace's hand caught mine, holding it tightly. “No, it's fine. I'll sleep after we eat. I was thinking of possibly sleeping over tonight anyway since your Mom's working.”

“Oh...”

“... Is that a no?”

“No... It's fine, just... Unexpected.” I murmured, blinking when I noticed the water boiling. “Um... Water's done.”

Jace nodded, bringing my hand back and kissing it lightly before letting go and stepping around me, heading back into the living room. I felt myself smiling slightly, rubbing the back of my hand while I poured the boiled water into the two cups of noodles, waiting a few minutes for them to soften up before taking them and going back to the living room.

I handed Jace one cup and a fork before sitting next to him, stirring my own noodles around slightly as he sighed. “Thank you Will.” he mumbled. I nodded back and took a bite, frowning. The water was still pretty hot.

Jace must've seen my expression because the next thing I knew my cup was out of my hand and on the table, beside Jace's. I gave him a questioning look, to which he only smiled and shrugged. “I can think of something better to do with our mouths for now besides burning them on noodles.”

I sighed quietly and rolled my eyes. “You're insatiable.” I commented, making him laugh and lightly kiss my temple. “Ah, you wouldn't want me any other way.” he added. I smiled and turned my head, kissing his cheek lightly and turning away when he tried to kiss me on the mouth. He made a frustrated groan, leaning down further and kissing my neck.

I shivered at the contact, closing my eyes and smiling as he kissed it again, sucking lightly at the same spot. “I swear to God if there's a bruise there I will kill you.” I whispered, feeling Jace smile against my skin. “It's fine, your hair will cover it.”

“Jace.” I mumbled warningly, tilting my head down and kissing his jaw before moving forward and picking my noodles back up, handing Jace his as well while he rolled his eyes. “Cock block.” he mumbled. I snorted, shaking my head. “Jace, if it were up to you, whoever you were with for the week wouldn't leave the bed until you broke up with them.” I replied, then winced at the first part. I'm not too sure Jace appreciates the fact that he sleeps around being shoved in his face, even if it's true.

Jace seemed to freeze for a minute before shaking his head. “No, I'd let them up to use the bathroom and stuff.”

I chuckled and shoved some noodles into my mouth to avoid saying anything else.

We didn't get ready for bed until around eleven, about an hour before Mom was supposed to be home. Jace was getting changed when I walked back into the room after brushing my teeth, effectively stopping me since I couldn't help but stare. Jace seemed to notice, looking up at me and staring back until I realized what I was doing. “Shit!” I said loudly, quickly turning around and feeling my face heat up fast. I felt a hand on my shoulder turn me around to see Jace smiling slightly, shaking his head. “Not that I mind the staring, but could you do me a favor next time and, I don't know, announce yourself or something?” he asked while laughing, making me sigh and hang my head.

“I didn't mean to. It was just really unexpected.” I murmured. He lightly kissed the top of my head, leading me toward the bed. “C'mon, let's go to sleep. I'm tired.” he sighed. I nodded, crawling in first and pushing back against the wall, giving Jace enough room to lay on his back. (his preferred position to sleep in)

“Goodnight Will.” Jace mumbled. I crawled closer to him, gently laying my head down on his shoulder. “Goodnight Jace.”