Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

XX

The next few days were boring. Mom forgot to call one morning, leaving me with ten extra minutes in my schedule, which were spent sitting in front of the television, sighing every so often. I glanced over to the veranda, looking outside at the trees and the field before standing up. It was late spring, so I could go outside without needing a coat. I put on some sneakers and slowly opened the veranda's door, stepping down a few steps and looking around.

I hadn't been outside for the sake of being outside in a while. In all honesty, I was almost starting to miss it. I smiled slightly and shook my head, walking out toward the large willow tree near the middle of the field. The tree had been there ever since I could remember; Mom said she had planted it as soon as she got back from the hospital.

I sat underneath it and sighed loudly, looking down at the grass and pulling at it lightly. “I wonder what the probability is of Jace wanting to see me...” I murmured to myself, rolling my eyes when I thought that he probably doesn't. At all.

“Pretty big, actually.”

I jumped violently, leaning back against the tree and looking above me. A man was standing there with an eyebrow raised, smirking slightly. I immediately noticed the large amount of tattoos covering both arms, and one on his neck, as well as multiple ear piercings on both ears. However, no matter how different he looked, his face always looked the same to me. “J-Jace... What... Uhm...” I stuttered, quickly standing up and brushing myself off in an attempt to hide the fact that my hands were shaking. “W-what are you... Doing... Here?”

“Um... I'm visiting you? Why, am I doing it wrong?” he asked back, making me roll my eyes. “Not what I meant. I mean, why are you here. Why are you visiting me.” I reiterated. Jace nodded slightly in understanding before thinking for a minute. “I don't know. Just wanted to I guess.” he shrugged. I stared back for a minute before shaking my head and walking away, back toward the house.

Jace followed, snorting quietly. “So this is the wonderful 'hello' I get after being gone for four years. I must say, I was expecting more.” he sighed.

I stopped walking and turned, looking at him seriously. “You want a 'hello', Jace?”

“Yes Willow. I would love a hello.”

I smiled innocently before pulling my arm back.

“Whoa, no, never mind, I don-”

I put as much force into my fist as possible as it collided with his nose, sending him back a few feet as he yelled.

“How was that for a hello? You've been gone for four years you bastard! What, did you think I'd be okay with it? 'Oh, Jace's been missing, but he's back, let's give him a hug!' I don't think so!”

Jace was quiet during my little rant, holding his nose and touching it gingerly. “Well, a hug would've been nice.”

“You jack ass!” I yelled again, going inside the house and slamming the veranda door shut behind me, locking it before heading over to the front door and locking that too, just in case. I sighed quietly, leaning back against the door and closing my eyes until I heard a sound that sounded rather distinctly like...

Feet.

“Forget you have a back door?”

I opened my eyes slowly and glared at the carpet, crossing my arms over my chest. I heard him move closer, making me crowd myself further back to the door, sighing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and shook my head. “Why can't you just go away? You've been gone for four years. Why are you back?” I asked quietly.

He hesitated for a moment. “Because... I met someone... And because I... Really missed you.” he mumbled. I snorted. “You sure as hell didn't miss me when you were kicking me out of your house in Christmas Eve.”

“Willow, I was confused. How would you feel if your best friend just up and told you he was in love with you?”

I raised an eyebrow and glanced up at him.

“... And you were straight? Well... Straight-ish.”

I sighed and shook my head. Part of me could understand what Jace meant. “I guess I'd be a little freaked out.” I murmured. He nodded slowly. “Exactly. That's what I felt. On top of that I had recently been told that my ex-girlfriend was pregnant and I was having a child. All of that together is a little bit confusing.” he whispered. I leaned my head back against the door and stared at Jace for a minute.

“Fair enough.” I mumbled, pushing past him and heading toward the kitchen. I wanted to groan in frustration when he followed, but I managed to suppress it and instead turned to him. “There was something else?”

“Yeah. You didn't ask who I met.” he replied. I rolled my eyes slightly. “Alright, alright. Who did you meet, Jace?”

He hesitated for a minute again, making me roll my eyes again. “While I'm young, please.” I said. He glared slightly, leaning against the island. “Her name's Ally. She's a year younger than I am. She's really sweet though, and very pretty. I think you'd like her.” he mumbled. I nodded. “Wonderful. However, if you don't mind, I need to take my pills and I need a nap, so...” I trailed off, hoping he would get what I meant.

He apparently did, though he didn't seem to like it. He frowned and nodded, tapping the island lightly before sighing and walking toward me. I glanced up at him, and raised an eyebrow briefly before he put his hand on the back of my head and leaned down, quickly pressing his lips to mine as I felt my eyes get wide.

He pulled away after a second and smiled slightly, leaving the kitchen and the house as I stared at the space he was standing in. It took a minute before what happened sunk it and I frowned, tilting my head slightly.

“.... The fuck...”