Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

XXVII

I yawned quietly, stretching out on the bed before I realized something...

I had sex last night... I was not supposed to be alone in bed.

My eyes shot open, scanning the room for any signs of Jace. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

“Oh you fucker.” I mumbled when I noticed a sticky note on the door. (I assumed it was a sticky note. From my position on the bed with no glasses, it looked like a little yellow square.)

I slowly sat up, ignoring the pain that shot up my back in favor of reaching for my glasses and adjusting them on my nose before even attempting to stand. When I actually made my way over to the note, I snorted after reading it, shaking my head.

Will,
went to the store for some random shit... Yeah. Sorry about your ass, by the way... Should probably take some Advil...
Love you

I didn't comment on the fact that 'probably' was spelled wrong, instead deciding to get dressed and make my way into the kitchen for some breakfast.

I searched through a few cabinets before I sighed, figuring that the reason Jace had gone to the store was because there was nothing to eat. I really needed to get out more.

I was in the middle of coffee when I remembered my medicine, feeling my heart beat start to speed up. Luckily I had taken it in the kitchen last, so it was still sitting on the island. I reached over, quickly uncapping several bottles and taking one, sometimes two, of each before I noticed something strange.

… it wasn't working.

My heart rate hadn't changed at all. If anything, it felt as if it was increasing farther. I stayed calm, deciding to give the medicine some time to work before getting panicked. Jace always seemed to freak out if my medicine didn't work right away.

Thinking of that made me wonder how long he'd been gone; surely he couldn't be too much longer. I hoped, at least. I finished my coffee quickly, standing next to the island for a minute before checking the clock. I had taken my medication about twenty minutes ago. I put my hand on my wrist, trying to check my pulse to see if it had slowed down, but I wasn't sure how fast it was going in the first place.

“Shit.” I mumbled. My breathing had increased as well, making me roll my eyes. Now was possibly the worst time for my heart to start failing, but I felt it was too ironic to happen now. I preferred to think that; that type of ironic shit only happened in movies or stories- the partner leaves innocently for a bit, and something terrible happens and you die.

That was not happening.

My resolve diminished slightly when I began to have stinging pains in my chest, making me gasp loudly before I leaned against the island, wincing slightly. My heart beat kept increasing until I thought for sure it was going to break something, and then...

“I'm back!”

It stopped.

It all just stopped. I could feel my heart beat going back down, and the pains in my chest were dulling out as I hummed quietly to myself, stepping away from the island and standing in the middle of the kitchen, hearing Jace's footsteps coming closer. “I didn't know what you wanted for breakfast, so I just kinda got a bunch of... Willow?”

Jace's talking paused as he looked at me, frowning slightly. “Will, what's wrong?” he asked again.

I inhaled deeply for a second before glancing at him, shaking my head. It took me a minute, but when I was able to look up at his face, I couldn't move. His expression went from confusion to shock, and he slowly began to step closer. “Will... Don't- Fuck!”

It was the last thing I heard before I collapsed to the floor.

I couldn't smell anything. And I could tell that there was a tube down my throat.
Hospital again... Fuck.

“He-he's moving, should he be doing that?”

“... Yeah, it's fine. We took down the dosage of the sedatives. Being awake for a bit won't hurt him.”

I recognized one voice as Jace, and the other had to be Banz. I tried opening my eyes, but found it to be extremely difficult.

Since when was opening your eyes that hard?

By the time I managed it I was already tired, and had a feeling that if I blinked I wouldn't want to open the again. The first thing I saw was Jace, who looked like Hell. He had dark circles under his eyes, and he looked paler that usual, though managed a smile when I looked. “Hey Will.” he mumbled.

I frowned (or tried to; it's difficult with a mask on your mouth) and tried to move my arms, but found them unwilling to leave their places beside me. I also found that on top of the tube and being incredibly exhausted, I had one Hell of a migraine.

Jace seemed to notice my frustration, sighing and leaning over me to brush some of the hair out of my face.

“You... Had a seizure. In all honesty it was scary as Hell. But you managed to knock your head pretty hard on the counter on your way down. Doctor said you had a concussion, and you've been in a coma for about two and a half days. On top of that, your... Your heart's been fucking up. One minute it's fine, the next you're almost going onto Cardiac Arrest, so... Not good. Banz said they had you on a bunch of sedatives to try and minimize the um... The seizures.”

Jace had choked up a bit at the word seizure the second time, ducking his head before looking back up and sighing.

“You... You're gonna stay in the hospital for however long it takes to... For your heart to do whatever it's gonna do. Banz said it was for the best. I don't personally like it, but... We don't have one of these nifty machine-things at home.” Jace mumbled, motioning to the mask on my face before rubbing a hand over his mouth and snorting.

“You'll be in and out a lot. Sleeping, mostly. I'll probably stay though. Paula will be here eventually, and so will Bailey. I somehow managed to get custody of Anna yesterday morning, so Bailey's bringing her down here for a few days to get her used to the area before she comes down permanently. Sorry if I'm rambling.”

He must have noticed my irritated expression, though it wasn't aimed at him. It was aimed at the hospital, the doctors, myself, my heart... Life in general, basically. I shook my head slightly, feeling my eyelids start to drop back down.
Jace did as well, putting his hand over my own and squeezing lightly. “Go back to sleep, Will. You need it.”

That was the last thing I heard before I allowed myself to sink back into unconsciousness.