Status: Finally completed~

Heartless

V

Tuesday I had gotten sick, staying home and groaning as I heard the front door open around 8 in the morning. “Go away Jace...” I mumbled to myself, sighing as I listened to him go about the house, first to the fridge, then the living room, and up the stairs. I was almost back to sleep when my bedroom door opened. “Ah, there you are.”

I glanced over at him, glaring slightly as he took a sip of the soda he was holding. “Your Mom told me you'd be home today. Sick?”

“No. Shit.”

“Ah. I forgot how mean you are when under the weather.”

“Fuck you.”

Jace snorted, sitting on the edge of my bed (where I was very tempted to kick him) and pressing the back of his hand to my forehead. I glared harder as he winced slightly. “One hell of a fever.” he mumbled to himself. I brought the blanket down far enough so he could hear me clearly. “Inconclusive. Hand's don't count.”

He smiled, bringing his hand down to rest on my cheek for a minute before quickly pulling away and going into the bathroom. After a minute, he called, “Hey Willow, not that I don't love embarrassing you, but I can only find the rectal...”

I frowned in distaste. My Mom used the rectal thermometer a lot until I turned about eight and demanded a new one. Preferably not one that went in my ass.

Jace walked back in, toying with the rectal interestedly. “So, you think if I washed it several times it could just go in your mouth...?”

“No.”

“But what if-”

“No.”

“You are so aggravating.” Jace sighed, taking the thermometer back into the bathroom and moving things around, trying to find the regular one we used. “Well, I can't find the other one. So unless you feel like getting on your knees, we don't know your temperature.” he yelled as he walked back in with his hands on his hips. I sneezed in response, burrowing farther under the covers as Jace walked back over, sitting beside me and running his hand through my hair. “Do you need anything?” he asked quietly. I shook my head, causing him to nod as he continued to absentmindedly rub the back of my head. I sighed contentedly, falling asleep yet again.

I woke up to the sound of talking, and some laughing. The first thing I noticed was that Jace was no longer in the room, making me frown. Then I noticed one of the people talking was Jace. The other sounded rather female. I glared, hoping it wasn't Bailey because that would be rather depressing... And somewhat rude. I sat up, yawning as my door was opened and Jace came back in. “Your Mom came home early.” he informed me, causing me to sigh in relief before I realized it. He raised an eyebrow, tilting his head slightly before pushing himself away from the door and sitting next to me again.

“Okay. How does food sound?” he asked. I shrugged, glancing down as I felt my stomach rumble silently. Jace sighed this time, more in annoyance. “You have to eat Willow.” he reminded me, leaning back on his elbows. I looked back at him and glared. “You're on my pillow.” I complained in a scratchy voice, sounding like I hadn't spoken in weeks. It made him smile slightly as he grabbed my arm, pulling me down so close that I was almost on top of him. “You just wanna sleep some more then?” he asked quietly. I nodded, lowering my head to his shoulder and looking at the ceiling. Jace put his arm around my shoulder as he lowered himself carefully onto the bed, bringing his other arm to lay across my waist. “Go to sleep. I'll probably sleep with you.” Jace mumbled, yawning quietly as I nodded and moved closer.

“... Willow?”

“Hm?”

“... I need to pee.”

“....”

“Will?”

“Go pee Jace.”

Wednesday I was better, though still stayed home because of Mom. (“I don't think you're better yet!”)

Jace went to Bailey's that day, so I was home alone. Not much got done. Some homework here, a few dishes, but that was about the extent. I was more focused on staying awake, since I felt like I hadn't slept in days. When Mom came in around 8, I was sitting on the couch with my head in my hands, slowly breathing in and out. “Willow? Honey?” she asked, sitting next to me and putting her hand on my back. “You okay?”

“Yeah, Mom. Just tired.” I responded quietly, lifting my head, and wishing I hadn't when the room started to spin. I tried to keep my eyes focused as I hugged her, saying I was going to bed. I closed the door behind me, standing for a moment before the spinning room got the better of me and I ran to the bathroom, emptying my stomach.

Mom didn't seem to notice as I flushed the toilet and washed my mouth out, sighing as the room stopped spinning and returned to normal.

Thursday was the day Jace went back, so I went to school regardless of how I felt. I had thrown up again that morning, twice since the room seemed adamant to keep moving. In all honesty it still was moving, just not as viciously as before, which made my stomach feel slightly better. I was glad, however, when Jace chose to sit up front with Bailey, kissing her quickly before she leaned against him. That's not to say it still didn't piss me off though.

When I stepped off the bus, I had to stand still for a minute and close my eyes and the dizziness became worse suddenly, making me wobble when I tried to walk. I thought at first that I just needed food, but the thought of it made me want to throw up all over again. So I settled for slowly walking to homeroom, avoiding people going the opposite direction until...

“Hey Willow, c'mere.”

I shut my eyes tightly as I heard Jace's voice, sounding more like nails on a chalkboard right now than the usual nice baritone. I slowly stepped through the crowd until I was next to him, raising an eyebrow. “Yeah?” I asked quietly. He raised an eyebrow back before putting a hand on my shoulder and turning to the group of girls surrounding us, one being Bailey, so I assumed they were her friends. “This is Willow.”

The girls all said hello and smiled as Bailey smirked slightly, crossing her arms over her chest. I didn't particularly like the look, so I excused myself and walked into homeroom, falling into my seat in the back of the class and putting my head down. It was barely a minute later when I heard someone clear their throat, making me glance up. There stood one of the girls from the circle, smiling with her hands behind her back. She slowly took one of her hands and laid a small paper delicately on my desk before walking away quickly so she wasn't late.

After a minute I looked down at it, slowly opening it to see a phone number with the name 'Leah' on it. It took me a minute to process that, on the day I was feeling like I was going to throw up my stomach acid at any given minute, I had just received a phone number from a girl. Not that she wasn't pretty. If I wasn't gay I would gladly date her. It was just that the scenario was.... strange, to say the least. After a minute I pocketed the number, figuring I could call the girl later, perhaps when I was feeling less... Sick.

The weekend didn't come quickly enough. Mom still didn't know about my daily vomiting (and I hoped to keep it that way) while I hoped it was only some strange form of stomach bug. On Saturday Jace spent the afternoon at my house in our room since he was with Bailey last night and all morning.

“So, then I found out the girl who gave you her number is thinking about becoming a freaking dominatrix-...”

Jace was suddenly tuned out as the room began to spin once again, except this time I couldn't hear him over the sound of my own heart beating too loudly to be considered normal. He continued talking as if nothing was going on as I struggled to hold down the bile I could feel rising in my throat, covering my mouth as casually as possible. I had stopped breathing, hoping that maybe it would calm the dizziness until I felt myself get light headed. As I tried to breath again, I found that it became rather difficult, and the edges of my vision were getting too dark.

“... Willow?”

Suddenly, everything was back to normal. The room had stopped spinning, and I could breath again, slowly removing my hand from my face as Jace looked at me with concern. “You okay?” he asked quietly. I nodded slowly, leaning back against the head board on my bed as I sighed. Jace crawled over, sitting beside me and wrapping an arm tightly around my shoulder. I leaned my head against his neck, ready to say something when it all went dark.