Status: OH, HAPPY DAY! <-- if you don't know where that's from. Wow. Anyways, and off we go(:

Life Was Supposed to Be Better When He Noticed Me

Clay Elliott

*Ivy's POV*

I saw her when I was walking out. The only reason I noticed her was because she was sitting all by herself. Everyone else had at least one other person with them. And she looked so scared, so very scared. And she wasn't any older than myself, maybe even younger. Maybe it was my motherly instincts kicking in, or the fact that I can be nice sometimes, but I walked over to her.

"Hi, I'm Ivy." I held my hand out gingerly.

She put her defense mode up. "Tamara."

I put my dejected hand down. "Mind if I sit?"

She shook her head but still glared at me slightly.

"I know this is weird, a stranger just walking up to you like this, but you looked like you needed someone to talk to."

"I don't need to talk to anyone else."

"Okay." I nodded my head, talking out a piece of paper and a pen. I scribbled my number on it. "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to..." I dropped the paper on my chair as I stood up to leave. I was right in front of the door before her voice stopped me.

"Is this your first..?"

I turn around slowly and nodded at her.

"How old are you?

"17. You?"

A tear slipped down her cheek. "I just turned 16."

I put my hand on her shoulder. "It'll be okay."

Tamara was having a full out crying session now. Oh, how I don't miss the first wave of uncontrollable emotions. "No they won't! I'm 16, knocked up, my boyfriend dumped me, my family is treating me like a leper, and I have no future!"

"Hey, hey." I shushed her. "I'm 17, knocked up, not with my baby's dad, my family already wasn't around before I got pregnant, and the future I was so sure about is now all clouded up. You're not in this alone."

I sat with Tamara for about another thirty minutes. I waited for her to calm down, I let her talk about whatever she wanted to talk about. I left her, pressing the paper with my number on it into her hand, and made her promise to call me whenever she needed to talk to someone.

It took me about twenty minutes to get home from the doctors office. By the time I got there, my stomach was doing flips and my head was spinning. I only had enough time to run to the nearest bathroom before the vomiting started. Bullshit, morning sickness. More like sickness all the damn time.

After flushing the toilet, I lay down on the floor. The cool tile felt nice against my warm cheek. And the next thing I knew, I was dreaming.

^^^

"Ivy, wake up."

I mumbled an unintelligent grumble.

"Ivy, babe."

"Hmm?" I blinked against the bright lights that blinded my eyes.

Chris smiled down at me. "You fell asleep on the bathroom floor."

I looked around. "I sure did."

Chris shook his head at me as he laughed. "Do you want me to carry you to your room?"

I smiled up at him. "Would you?"

Chris hooked his arm under my legs then put the other behind my back. I put an arm around his neck then put my head on his chest. He was setting me on my bed before I knew it.

He walked over to my tv. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Okay."

He started shifting through my collection of dvds. "What do you wanna watch?"

"Grease, definitely."

Chris slipped in the dvd and jumped onto the bed. He put his arm around my shoulders and I put my head on his shoulder. By the time Summer Nights came on, we were both singing along.

"Summer loving had me a blast." Chris smiled down at me.

"Summer loving happened so fast." I sang back at him.

"I met a girl crazy for me."

I blushed at him. "Met a boy cute as can be."

"Summer days drifting away. To, oh, oh, the summer nights. Well-a well-a well-a, huh." We sang together.

We both sang the rest of the song, him singing all the guy parts while I sang all the girl parts.

"We make a good pair." I said after the fact.

Chris pushed my bangs out of my eyes. "We always have."

I looked at him. "Chris, I'm getting fat."

"You're pregnant," He rolled his eyes.

"And it's not your baby.." I looked down at our intertwined hands.

"I know."

I let out a shaky breath.

"But that doesn't make me love you two any less," Chris whispered in my ear.

"Oh man," I sighed. "I don't deserve you."

"Hey," Chris tapped my chin and I looked up at him. "You're stuck with me. And you have been ever since that fateful day at the public park."

I smiled. "Oh yes, how could I forget! You were the first boy that ever did tell me I was pretty, later followed by the fact that you were also the first boy to run from me because I had cooties."

"Also the first boy to throw a rock at you."

I looked at Chris again. "The first boy to make me cry.."

Chris' eyebrows came together slowly. "Hey now, you weren't so innocent either. Who was the first girl to ever rack me?"

I pointed my thumb at myself. "This chick."

"The first girl to dead leg me?"

"Guilty as charged."

Chris and I laughed as we remembered the old days. I looked up at him again, and he was looking down intensely at me.

"The first person I kissed," We said at the same exact time.

"We were bad kids." Chris laughed.

"We're still bad kids." I replied.

It was quiet for a little. The silence was almost tangible.

"So you went to the doctor today."

"I did."

"And?"

I gave him a small smile but said nothing.

"Come on Ivy. You're at about 19 weeks now. I know what you did today at the doctor's office."

I looked at him, "Oh you do?"

"Yes, I do."

I raised my eyebrow, "How? I sure didn't tell you."

Chris blushed, "So I may or may not have been reading about pregnancy and new born babies."

I smiled at him. "Yes, Christofer Drew, I found out the sex of the baby today."

Chris put his hand on my stomach, "Are you going to tell me now or are you going to wait for me to die from suspense first?"

I put my hand on top of his. "It's a boy."

Chris' eyes met mine with that same sparkle. "A boy?"

"Yes, a boy. There is a little baby boy growing inside of me right now."

Chris kissed my cheek. "What do you want to name him?"

"Clay Elliott." I turned my head to him. "What do you think?"

"It sounds amazing." He kissed my forehead.

I looked at our laced fingers on my stomach. "We love you Clay Elliott."

*Evan's POV*

I sat down on my bed right as my phone started vibrating. I looked down at the screen.

It was a text from Ivy.

"It's a boy. We're naming him Clay Elliott."

I didn't even register the broken glass now on the floor or the water marks on the wall from the glass of water that had been in my hand a few seconds earlier.

The only thing that ran through my mind was that I was having a son. His name is going to be Clay Elliott, such a beautiful name, but I wasn't there when Ivy decided what to name him. I wasn't even the first person she told. And worst of all, I wasn't a part of the 'we' she mentioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a really long time and I'm sorry. Life is really hectic. I have hours of homework practically everyday plus the fact that I stay late at the school almost everyday for rehearsals. I have barely anytime for anything. So sorry.

But here are some things I want you to keep in mind until my next update when I can tell you the answers:
1) There's a new girl, Tamara(based on siren_cryer). What do you think she will bring to this story?
2) There's a little bit of Chris and Ivy's realationship in here. Opinions?
3) Evan. He's being pushed aside, practically out of the picture. Bring him back or keep him out?
4) Did you notice what Ivy did with the baby's name? Clay Elliott? Tell me your theories.

I love you guys<3 I'll try to update again as soon as I can!
Comment and Subcribe!