Status: OH, HAPPY DAY! <-- if you don't know where that's from. Wow. Anyways, and off we go(:

Life Was Supposed to Be Better When He Noticed Me

The Truth

*Evan's POV*

They hadn't even been going out for two months. They've only been going out for like a month and a half. I went out with Ivy for over six months and we're having a child together. If anyone should be marrying her, it should be me, not some stuck up, wannabe rock star.

I looked back at the stage where Ivy looked petrified. She didn't want this, I could tell. And then, somehow, Ivy was looking right at me. And we just started at each other. I may be going out on a limb, but I was sure that she wanted it to be me up there and not him. I was so convinced I was right, that I started to walk closer to the stage.

"Evan," And out of nowhere, there was Ethan standing in my way. "Don't."

I looked at him, confused. "What?"

"Just walk away man, you don't need to be here."

I looked over his shoulder, back to Ivy. She was still looking at me but then the asswipe called her name, and she looked away. I looked back at Ethan, noticing that Julie, Christy, and Justin were there as well.

"You know this is a mistake, you all know."

"No, we don't." And in that moment, when those words slipped from him mouth, I couldn't believe that I spent all these years thinking Ethan was my best friend.

Christy stepped forward. "Tell us one good, solid piece of evidence that Chris isn't right for Ivy."

I shook my head. "Because he-"

"He isn't you?" Christy's words cut mine off. "No he's not. He's the complete opposite of you, Evan. And that's not a bad thing. He's constantly there for Ivy, he's someone she can rely on, he'll be a good dad to Clay."

"But he's not! I'm Clay's father, I'm all he will ever need."

"But are you all that Ivy will ever need?"

My throat tightened as I struggled to breath.

*Ivy's POV*

I couldn't believe this was happening. Not now.

Of course, I've always wanted to get married. To have a perfect little family. To be a better mom than mine ever was. But I didn't want it now, not when I was a Senior is high school. But I guess I had no choice since it was happening.

It was ironic that Evan was the first person I saw in the crowd when I wasn't even really looking for him, it was just natural. How many nights had I spent dreaming that it would be him asking me to get married? How many months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds had I spent planning out our future together? Countless.

Except, now that it was happening, it wasn't him up here with me. It was Chris, the boy that has never let me down.

Logically, there would be no reason to turn him down. Together we would make the perfect family. I could just see it; Chris coming home to a freshly cooked meal courtesy of myself, Chris raising Clay to be a gentlemen, Chris being the strong male figure.

But for some reason, it didn't seem right. My head was fully wrapped around the idea, but I myself was empty. I was dull and void because my heart wasn't in it. My heart has only ever been in one thing, belonged to only one person.

Looking at him now, the pained and desperate expression on his face, made my knees weak. I felt like crying and screaming at the same time. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant.

I was in a difficult position. My mind was screaming yes, but my heart was screaming no. In the middle, my throat was choked holding them both in.

"Ivy?"

I immediately looked at Chris.

He lowered his mic, "Are you okay?"

Of course, he was concerned about me. Another thing to add the list. He was simply perfect and I was simply not.

"Fine," I choked out.

"Then why haven't you answered?"

It was a struggle, but I forced myself not to look at Evan. I couldn't hurt Chris like that, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had. Hurting Chris was like killing a dog.

"I guess I'm just surprised. I mean, just a couple hours ago we were fighting. I honestly thought it was gonna be the end, but then this happened."

Chris laughed and took my hand in his. "It was one fight, Ivy. One fight that you were totally justified in. Look, I know I can't replace Evan, and I'm not trying to do that. But I love you Ivy and I want to be with you until the day I die. I want to be in Clay's life because even though he isn't mine, I love him as if he was. And one day, I want us to have a little boy or girl of our own. I want you to have it all."

I took a deep breath. "You're like my own personal Prince Charming."

"I can only be that if you let me." He cupped my face in between his hands, "Please let me be that."

I started into his eyes, his hazel eyes that make me melt.

I slipped my hand into his pocket and pulled out the microphone. I removed his hands from my face, placing the mic in one and putting the other on my hip.

"Ask me again."

"Ivy Cape, will you marry me?"

As the mic tilted my way, I gave him a small smile.

"Yes."

*Evan's POV*

I didn't think it was possible to have a heart attack at my age. Especially for me, I'm pretty damn athletic and healthy. But the moment that word slipped from Ivy's mouth, it sure felt like I was having a heart attack.

"Fucking hell.." I whispered, clutching my chest. I practically fell, but Ethan caught me.

"Evan, what's wrong?"

"I think I'm having a heart attack!"

Christy rolled her eyes. "You are not."

I glared at her. "My chest hurts like hell, I feel like throwing up, and I almost collapsed just now. What else could it be?"

"You just got your heart broken. That little hope you had of getting Ivy back just slipped straight through your fingers. Ivy is going to marry Chris, and there is nothing you can do about it. It's over."

And the smirk on her face is what pulled me over the edge.

While everyone around me was applauding for the happy couple, while the happy couple was making out, and while my friends gathered around me, it was the beginning of the end for me.

By the look on my friends faces, they weren't expecting it either.

Julie was the first to console me, taking me into her small arms and rubbing my back. I felt awful, I hated showing this side of me in front of people, I hated seeming weak.

Ethan snapped out next, glaring at Christy. "Why are you such a bitch?!"

"I-I didn't...I wasn't.."

"Imagine if you were in his place. What if Justin was on that stage right now proposing to a girl that you know is better than you? How the fuck would you feel? And to top it all off, a guy that is supposed to be your friend is just a huge douche to you about it and rubbing it in your fucking face? Huh?!"

"I'm sorry! I-"

"No." Ethan cut her off. "Ivy may be the only reason that you became friends with us, but after all this time I thought you still stuck around because you actually wanted to. I thought you were one of our best friends. But I guess I was wrong. You don't give a shit about us because if you did, you wouldn't have said the shit that you did."

"That's not tru-"

"You may not know Evan as well as I do, but you've been here long enough to know how he feels about Ivy. He loves her."

That made me cry harder.

"Look at him! If you hadn't known before, you sure as hell better know now. You may not have been around before, but Evan was a real dick. Even more than he is now. But Ivy changed him, she brought out the best in him. And now she's gone and he's broken. In Evan's mind, there is no one else. It's Ivy and it will always be her. So think about how much it kills him to know that she doesn't feel the same?"

By this time, Christy had started crying and Justin stood by her side looking uncomfortable.

"You fucking disgust me." And then he literally spat at the ground by her feet. "Obviously you were never our true friend. So just go. Go to Ivy and Christofer fucking Drew. Go and leave us the hell alone."

With that said, Ethan turned to me and put my arm over his shoulder. Julie mimicked him and then started we started to walk away. I didn't even turn around, I couldn't.

^^^

I strummed my guitar. "So, I'm being forced into this. Thanks for that Mr. Kelley. Anyways, this is Just a Feeling.

I watched you cry,
Bathed in sunlight,
By the bathroom door.
You said you wished you did not love me anymore.
"

I looked at Ivy who was cuddled next to Chris.

"You left your flowers in the backseat of my car.
The things we said and did have left permanent scars.
Obsessed, depressed at the same time.
I can't even walk in a straight line.
I've been lying in the dark no sunshine.
No sunshine,
No sunshine.

She cries,
This is more than goodbye.
When I look into your eyes,
You're not even there.
It's just a feeling.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have, oh yeah.
"

My eyes started to sting, but I pushed through.

"Cause I can't believe that it's over.

You've hit your low.
You've lost control and you want me back.
You may not believe me but I gave you all I had.
Undress, confess that you're still mine.
Roll around in a bed full of tears.
I'm still lying in the dark no sunshine.
No sunshine,
No sunshine.

She cries,
This is more than goodbye.
When I look into your eyes,
You're not even there.

It's just a feeling.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.

No I can't believe that it's over now.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.
"

I looked down at my guitar, afraid I couldn't handle it anymore. And apparently I was right. The first tear was fast and escaped before I could stop it.

"So much to say.
It's not the way she does her hair,
It's the way she seems to stare right through my eyes.
And in my darkest day when she refused to run away,
From love she tried so hard to save.

It's just a feeling.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.

It's just a feeling.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.
Just a feeling,
Just a feeling that I have.
"

You could here the tears in my voice and I wanted to punch myself.

I can't believe that it's over.
I can't believe that it's over.
Now I can't believe that's it's over, yeah.
"

It was quiet when I finished, and I was grateful. I didn't want anyone to clap for me. I felt like shit right now. I didn't think it was possible to feel as low as I did in that moment.

And then I heard it. Her laugh. It rang in my ears and made my heart ache.

All eyes snapped to look at her. Some glaring, some questioning. The best was from Mr. Kelley. His gaze was full of appall for the lack of respect.

"Ms. Cape?"

Ivy smiled at him. "Sir?"

"Is there something you would like to share with the class?"

Ivy looked at him confused.

"I didn't think so. In that case, I would like you to apologize to Mr. O'Brian for laughing at his song."

Ivy looked alarmed. "I wasn't laughing at his so-"

"APOLOGIZE!"

Ivy jumped at the strength of his command. Slowly she look at me.

"I'm sorry."

And I knew it meant so much more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever! Isn't it always?
But was it worth it? I hope so!
Comment and Subscribe!