Status: OH, HAPPY DAY! <-- if you don't know where that's from. Wow. Anyways, and off we go(:

Life Was Supposed to Be Better When He Noticed Me

Double Date Dreams

*Ivy's POV*

I gave Chris' hand a squeeze as we entered the little coffee shop. I knew what was about to happen, and he really didn't like it as much as I did.

"OMG, look over there!"

"Ah, is that who I think it is?!"

"I love his music!"

"Christofer Drew!"

And here we go.

Girls started pushing forward to get towards him. Some even tried to push me out of the way. It would have worked if Chris hadn't been holding onto my hand tightly. I looked back at Christy and Justin, obviously they hadn't remember that Chris was famous, as they stood there shocked frozen.

"Hello ladies." Chris smiled politely.

"OMG, like, what are you doing here?"

I tried to muffle my chuckle, but I didn't hide it very well. Chris smiled over at me.

"I'm actually here with my girlfriend." He pulled me closer to his side, tucking his arm behind my back and resting his hand on my waist.

All the girls looked at me. Glares and blank expressions flew around. Mostly glares though.

"Like, since when do you have a girlfriend?" Said the same girl. Apparently she had been appointed speaker.

"A couple weeks now."

"So, it's like nothing serious?" She stepped forward, batting her fake eyelashes.

I rolled my eyes as Chris laughed.

"Oh, it's a little serious. I mean, I've liked her for a long time now, loved her as a best friend for even longer." He smiled down at me and I looked down to hide my blush.

The girl didn't like this. "Oh. Well, like, if you get bored, I'll be sitting over there."

Bitch was lucky she walked away before I hit her on her over glossed mouth.

The over girls stood there nervously as their spokes person walked away. It was kind of awkward. None of them knew what to say, and Chris and I couldn't move on cause they were all blocking us.

Finally I cleared my throat, "Did you guys want Chris to maybe autograph something?"

They all looked grateful as they started pulling things out for him to sign. It took a little less then ten minutes, as Chris wanted to personalize all of them, but soon we were moving on and sitting at a table.

"Well," Christy sighed as she sat down. "That was..something."

"I'm sorry." Chris mumbled. "It happens more often then not. I shouldn't have agreed to come along."

"No," Justin threw a glance at Christy. "It's okay. Really, we just forgot that you're the Christofer Drew Ingle. Now that you go to school with us, you just seem like one of the guys."

Chris smiled at that, and I knew he was happy. All he ever wanted was to be famous, but being normal is something he misses now. I patted his hand that was resting on my thigh.

"What can I get you guys?" Our waitress sauntered over with a worn out note pad to take our orders.

"The usual for us," Smiled Justin.

"Black coffee for me." Chris looked at me. "And a..mocha frap for Ivy."

Christy looked at me. "I didn't know you liked mocha fraps.."

I looked away from her then at Chris. "They're my favorite. How did you..?"

Chris pointed at himself. "I was your best friend once upon a crazy childhood."

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Christy look down dejectedly. I would have to talk to her later.

The waitress finished writing and looked up. "Would any of you like to sign up for karaoke tonight?"

"Don't we always, Kate?" Justin smiled at the waitress who in turn rolled her eyes.

"What about the newcomers?"

"Sure," I smiled.

"Might as well." Chris looked around the small cafe. "They'd love it."

"Alright, someone will call your name when it's time. I'll be right back with your orders."

"So," I turned back to Justin and Christy. "I'm guessing you come here often?"

"All the time really." Justin smiled, again.

He just found everything so optimistic! He was perfect for Christy..

"Fuck." Christy said aloud, startling us.

She was looking over my shoulder at the door. I swiveled around just in time to see Evan and Bailey walk inside. Suddenly the cosy little coffee shop felt small and claustrophobic. I turned back around slowly.

"As often as we are here, I've never seen them here before." Christy's forehead creased as she thought.

"Maybe they won't see us." I shrunk down in the booth, trying to hide myself.

Justin shook his head. "Christy is right. They never come here." His jaw locked as he thought as well. "They must have followed us here."

"God!" I practically screeched, "They can never fucking let me be!"

Chris patted my thigh, trying to calm me.

Christy looked over my shoulder again. "Okay, at least they are being smart about it. They sat down all the way across the room. Maybe they'll be civil."

I rolled my eyes. "We're talking about Bailey here. Bitch never gets what she wants by being civil."

"Maybe, but we'll be civil about it. Let her throw the first punch."

"If you think that wi-"

"Ladies and gentlemen!" An upbeat voice cut me off. "Do we have a treat for you tonight! A few newcomers are coming up tonight, but I think we should start with a newcomer that everyone should know! Christofer Drew Ingle!"

Chris looked up, "I guess that's me."

I kissed his cheek. "You'll do great."

Chris rolled his eyes and jumped onto the stage, his rightful place. He picked up the coffee shop's acoustic guitar and sat down on the stool. Cheer erupted as he smiled around the room. He really did have a great smile.

"So, I wrote this song awhile back ago. Before I even got famous. But now, this will be the first time I get to sing it to the girl it was truly meant for. This is my song, Hummingbird."

My breath caught in my throat. I knew that song by heart, and I never knew it was for me..

"I like you,
Girl, you don't got nothing to prove to me.
I know that times have been rough
For the both of us,
But I'll pray for change."


I looked up, and Chris was staring back at me. I couldn't look away again, I was hypnotized.

"You see this world has lots to offer but
In time it will go dark,
And if this love is what we say it is,
I'm sure we will go far."


I stood up, like a robot, not moving on my own accord.

"And with a girl as sweet as you,
There's not much else I can do,
But fall for you."


I had reached the edge of the stage then. Chris reached his hand out for mine and help me up. I stood next to him as he continued staring into my eyes and singing.

"You know that I'm a wreck,
And you know I can't breathe;
At the edge of my seat with each word.
And as the months turn into years,
Just know that I will wait here for you.
Cause I've prayed for change..."


My hand moved like a ghost to caress his cheek.

"You see, this world has lots to offer but
In time it will go dark.
And if this love is what we say it is,
I'm sure we will go far."


Chris stood up now, knocking his stool over. The only thing that separated us was the guitar.

"And with a girl as sweet as you,
There's not much else I can do,
But fall for you.
For you, for you, for you."


I closed my eyes as I felt his lips against my forehead.

"This world has lots to offer but
In time it will go dark,
And if this love is what we say it is,
I'm sure we will go far.
And with a girl as sweet as you,
There's not much else I can do,

But fall for you."


As he sang the last line, his hands left the guitar and moved to my face. We stared at each other for a long time as the crowd held their breath.

"Are you gonna kiss him or what?!" Christy stood up and yelled.

Chris could only laugh for a second before my lips blocked off the sound. My hand wove its way into his hair. His hands grasped my waist, and I only wished he would hold me tighter. His mouth opened and the taste of coffee and cigarettes filled my taste buds, which was ironic.

The slam of a door is what stopped us from groping each other right then and there. I looked at the door to see the back of that girl, the spokes girl, as she stormed to her car and left. I giggled a little, looking up at Chris, and he smiled down at me.

"Wow!" Said the cheerful lady as she walked back on stage. "That was something! Now who want to know her response? Welcome, newcomer, Ivy!"

She walked off the stage, and Chris made to follow her, but I didn't let him go.

"Stay," I whispered.

After I was sure that he wasn't leaving, I dropped his hand to go talk to the house band. I made sure that they knew how to play the song. I walked back to Chris as one of them sat behind the piano and one followed to take the guitar from Chris.

I squeezed his hand as soon as our fingers interlocked. I dragged him forward and shimmied the mic from it's stand.

"So, I guess y'all are about to hear my response. Now, bare with me if you know this song. I've changed a couple words just so it will make sense when compared to our relationship." I looked up at Chris as I said the next words, "This song represents what I've almost always seen our relationship as and what I hope it might become. This is Mary's Song(Oh My My My) by Taylor Swift."

"She said, I was seven and you were mine.
I looked at you like the stars that shined
In the sky, the pretty lights."


I was looking out into the audience, so I wasn't sure if Chris laughed or not, but I thought I felt his chest rumble a little.

"And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Growing up and falling in love and our mamas smiled,
And rolled their eyes and said oh my my my."


Now I was positive he laughed. I smiled at the sound.

"Take me back to the house in the backyard tree."

I looked up at him now, and was startled by the fact that he was staring down intently at me.

"Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me.
You never did, you never did."


I heard Christy laugh this time, and threw a smile in her direction.

"Take me back when our world was one block wide.
I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried."


I looked down at our hands, remembering a life that seemed like a million years ago.

"Just two kids, you and I...
Oh my my my my."


I shook my head, smiling.

"Well, I was seventeen when suddenly,
I wasn't that little girl you used to see,
But your eyes still shined like pretty lights."


I looked up at him again, thinking of just a couple weeks ago when this happened.

"And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
They never believed we'd really fall in love.
And our mamas smiled and rolled their eyes
And said oh my my my..."


"That all really happened!" Chris yelled. People, I included, laughed at him.

"Take me back to the creek beds we turned up.
Two A.M. riding in your truck and all I need is you next to me.
Take me back to the time we had our very first fight.
The slamming of doors instead of kissing goodnight."


Our first fight wasn't really all that great.

"You stayed outside till the morning light.
Oh my my my my."


A very true fact. I felt bad, even though I was mad at him. I dropped a blanket and pillow out my window for him.

"A few years had gone and come around.
We were sitting at our favorite spot in town,
And you looked at me, got down on one knee."


It was this verse that I finally saw the tension out of the corners or my eyes. Christy and Justin were whispering to each other quietly, stealing quick glances across the room at Evan and Bailey. Those two had their jaws locked, gazes set as a glare. Evan looking at me and Chris, and Bailey looking at Evan.

"Take me back to the time when we walked down the aisle."

I looked back at Chris, trying to forget that I even saw anything. He was smiling goofily down at me. It made the knot in my stomach ease up.

"Our whole town came and our mamas cried.
You said I do and I did too."


I smiled big, but it sort of came out wrong. A tear slipped down my cheek, a happy tear.

"Take me home where we met so many years before.
We'll rock our babies on that very front porch.
After all this time, you and I."


I looked down at my stomach. Bringing Chris and my intertwined hand up to rub it. I was startled when a fist slammed down onto a table. Evan.

"I'll be eighty-seven; you'll still be mine.
I'll still look at you like the stars that shine
In the sky, oh my my my..."


I let out a shaky breath as everyone clapped. Chris kissed my cheek.

The lady ran onto stage. "I can tell you guys will be very happy. You're young, you're in love. You have that story that all of us crave. Best of luck."

I smiled at her as some people cheered in agreement.

Chris and I made our way back to the table. Looks of worry were set on Justin and Christy's faces. I expected their gazes to follow us as we sat down, but they continued to stare in the same spot.

Right as I was about to say something, Christy spoke. "Incoming."

I only hand enough time to turn around before my name was yelled.

"Ivy!" Evan's face was twisted with fury as he stopped in front of the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to Perfectly_Unlovable, the only person to comment after last chapter!
Where's the love people?
But, I have school tomorrow, and depending on what's going on, the updates will be coming slower. I guess they will either way because I only have one pre-written chapter left.
Just letting you all know.
Comment and Subscribe!