Dangerous and Moving

Three

Three weeks had passed since Zack had discovered someone knew about his personal life and things were very different. One of the first things he did was increase the security around his house and whenever Harper left. He made sure that she was safe, even when he wasn't there. Zack also made sure that he was home more frequently because he wanted to see for himself that she was safe from harm. What Aaron had said scared him to death. Harper was his key to staying human, even though he was a monster. She made him forget all of the horrible things he had done and made him feel like the luckiest guy in the world. If she was unexpectedly taken from him then he knew he wouldn't be the same.

Zack and Harper had planned a nice relaxing day at home while his friends made sure his business was running smoothly. Harper had noticed Zack's change in attitude and it worried her. He had grown more protective over her and at the same time he seemed paranoid about something. She knew better than to question what has him so on edge.

The couple was relaxing on the couch with Zack’s arm wrapped around Harper. They were watching The Shining, which happened to be one of Harper’s favorite movies. She was just about to fall asleep when she suddenly felt her lover become very tense.

“Baby what’s wrong?” She asked and saw that Zack was looking at his phone. He must have received a text and hadn’t heard the phone go off.

“It’s nothing baby. Just work stuff.” The green-eyed man told his girlfriend. That was only part of the truth however. It did pertain to his work but it was very important. Shadows had sent him a message saying that there was a big possibility he knew who was going after Harper. His name was Jake Thompson and he was one of Zack’s biggest enemies. The two men both had businesses that were rivals of each other. He quickly texted Shads back telling him to keep an eye on Jake and his crew to make sure that he was the person who wanted to go after Harper.

He glanced down and saw that she had fallen asleep, which brought a small smile to his face. He thought she looked beautiful while she was sleeping and he had no shame of it. He ran is hand through her long dark hair, which he knew was something she liked, and sighed. Why would anyone want to hurt her? She didn’t do anything to anyone. Hell, she wasn’t even involved in this business. She had her own life outside of his work and that was something that made him feel safe in knowing that she wouldn’t get hurt.

What plagued him was the fact that someone had actually found out about her. He had no pictures of them in his office nor did he ever mention her to anyone. The only people who knew about her were his friends.

He glanced around the living room and he began to wonder if someone had put a bug in his house and that was how they discovered Harper. Once again, he became paranoid and wanted to check everywhere in his house. He gently removed his arm from around her and laid her down because he didn’t want to wake her. He checked everywhere possible in the house and discovered nothing. Not a single camera or recorder was found.

“Fuck!” He yelled out of frustration. He began to throw random objects across his bedroom because he was so angry.

“Baby what are you doing?” Harper’s voice came from the doorway. She must have woken up because she was rubbing her eyes and still seemed tired.

“It’s nothing, just stuff at work isn’t going as planed.” Zack said as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I don’t like seeing you like this Zack.”

What Harper said took Zack by surprise. She had never said anything like that before. “I know Harp. Hopefully things will go back to normal soon.”

Later that night when Harper was cooking dinner a thought had crossed his mind.

“Lets get married.” He announced.

Harper stopped what she was doing and turned to face him. “What do you mean Zack?”

“It means exactly what I said. Lets get married.”

Harper was stunned at her boyfriend’s request. She had always thought that Zack didn’t want to get married. “What brought this up?”

“Well,” he said as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. “We’ve been together a long time now and I think marriage is the next step for us don’t you think?”

“Yeah I guess. When do you want to do this?”

“As soon as possible. Hell, if we could do it tonight then I would say right now.”

“Zack you do realize that planning a wedding takes time right?” Harper honestly thought that he was going crazy. Where in his right mind would he think that a wedding could be planned in one day?

“Baby, I’m not saying lets have a huge ceremony or anything. I’m talking about going to the courthouse and getting it done there.”

Harper thought about it for a few moments. “Sure, why not. I mean, we’ve been together seven years now. So yes, lets get married!”

Harper’s words made Zack smile. Tomorrow he would marry Harper and hopefully things will get better from there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. School kicked my ass last semester and I lost my inspiration to write. Hopefully things will change though.

Anyways, thanks for subscribing/commenting! :)