I'm Dancing on the Ceiling

Three

Before I went into the studio the next day, I had to stop by the label. They needed me to do something. I wasn’t entirely sure what. They weren’t very specific. Something for my album, I’m sure.

“Percy!” I sang as I walked into my rep’s office. He smiled and held his finger up at me, other hand holding up his phone to his ear. I studied my flip flops as I waited. I was wearing my baby blue Star Wars: Return of the Jedi shirt and black tiered skirt. Some days, pants are unnecessary, just like shoes. Awful, hideous, unnatural things.

“Go for a walk around the office, Clarissa. This might take a few minutes,” Percy instructed. I left and started on a circle around the office. Percy still wasn’t done on my third round and I was getting bored. I started singing one of my older songs, a fan favorite from my first EP. Until I ran into a well-dressed young man with a mop of well-groomed brown hair.

“Well, hello,” he said, catching me around the waist as I started to fall. He was obviously flirting with me, but I didn’t care. He wasn’t, well, old enough. That sounds weird. But I like guys that are older than me. I like a little chest hair, maybe a bit of scruff. I’m weird, I know.

“Hi. Can you, uhm, put me down?” I asked. He let me go and smiled.

“What’s your name, gorgeous?”

“Clary,” I replied dryly.

“Well, Clary,” he said with a pur, like my name was an offer, “I’m Gary. Gary Smith.”

I snorted. This little shit named Gary Smith. I fucking hate that kid, pardon my French. That’s what Ian had said. I already didn’t like this kid. And he was a kid. He couldn’t be any older than 18 or 19. I really really don’t like them young.

“What?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all. I should go check on Percy.”

I tried to slip away but Gary followed, keeping up easily beside me. I was quite little, and he wasn’t.

“Percy, eh? Not bad. I mean, he’s not the best, like Michael but he’s pretty good.”

“Mhm. Excuse me, I have to go.”

I slipped into Percy’s office, even though he wasn’t done on the phone. I shut the door and breathed out.

“You alright?” he asked me.

“Gary Smith is a creepy little shit and I don’t like him,” I informed Percy. He was laughing so hard he had to excuse himself from the call and bury his head in his hands. He was bright red in the face from it. I didn’t realize it was that funny.

“I’m sorry but no one likes that guy,” he managed, sucking in monstrous breaths. He was a little guy, short like me and wiry. He had severely curly golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Cute, but not my type.

“I figured. He’s an asshole. He’s pompous and a douche. I don’t like him one single bit!”

This sparked a new fit of laughter. I plopped into a chair across from Percy and waited as he giggled. Catching his breath, he looked up at me.

“Alright. Alright. I’m good.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m good. I promise. Now, let’s get down to business.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi.
Thank Automatic Loveletter for this chapter... I always work best when Juliet is singing to me. :D
Uhm. Yeah. :)

Lovers;
RAWRFAYCE
rawrritsjess
rivals are insane
Four Walls;
AllTimeLowMCR
FirstLastWorst


Bless your face. If you sneezed during this chapter, bless you.
Allons-y!

P.S. If any of you are wondering, I imagine Clary's voice to sound a bit like this.