I'm Dancing on the Ceiling

Eight

I sat on the studio floor the next day during break, my laptop open and my webcam on. I was online on Stickam, waiting for everyone to log on. I tapped the edge of my computer and played with the hem of my faded denim short sleeve dress that only came to mid-thigh. It was another day where pants were unnecessary. I had worn shoes to the studio but as always, had kicked them off as soon as I was inside.

“Hey guys!” I said, as names started popping up in the list. I smiled and looked up at Ben who was eating, again. It was the third time since we got in that morning. I shook my head and looked back to my screen. My Bowletts popped up on the camera slots, all in a line on the righthand side. I recognized Elizabeth Trippoli (aka TheDoctorDonna) who played guitar for me at my first couple of shows on the East Coast. There was Megan and Maxine O’Reily, twins in their separate cam spots, (aka MightyMegan and MaximumRide-ly). There was Madelyn Corey (aka Largeandincharge), who helped me find an apartment in the south and has been there since I started my career. There was Erik (aka hypocrisylive) and Chandler (aka ChaChaChandler), two loyal fans who have been around for awhile. I smiled.

“How are you guys today? Everything alright where you are?” I asked, looking at the chat. I had a small crowd today, since it was lunch time during the week. Not many people were online, since it was still during the school year.

I read their responses.

ChaChaChandler: It’s nice and bright and shiny here in Miami, Clary! You should come see me!
Largeandincharge: ChaCha, you’ve been hitting on Clary since you first found out who she was, and it’s gotten you nowhere. Why do you keep trying?
ChaChaChandler: I LOVE YOU, CLARY BOWEN!

I laughed and replied, “I love you too, Chandler.”

Hypocrisylive: Where are you right now, Bowen? That’s not your apartment.

“I’m in the studio! Oh! Want to meet my boys? They’re fantastic!”

I looked up at the trio and motioned them over. They came over and crouched down beside me. I turned the laptop towards them and checked to see if they were in frame.

“Introduce yourselves,” I instructed.

“Hey sexies, I’m Ben. I play drums for Clary on the album,” Bennett started.

“I’m Harry, I play bass,” Babyfaced Harry continued.

And David waved awkwardly and said softly, “M’name is David and I play guitar.”

I turned my computer back to me and looked at the replies.

MaximumRide-ly: Twins! Hot twins! Clary, I want!
TheDoctorDonna: I call Blondie!
DearMariaSuckMyDick: Sexy! Will they be on tour with you or are they strictly studio?

“Will they be on tour with you?” I read out loud and looked at them. “I don’t know. That’s up to them, I suppose.”

TheDoctorDonna: I love your button, Clary! Nerdfighter!

“Thanks, Elizabeth. You bought it for me, you crazy nut.”

TheDoctorDonna: Ahahaha! I know! I’m awesome!
Hypocrisylive: When are you finishing the album? I want to see your face!
MightyMegan: Yeah, you want to see her face against your pillow with you on top of her. Just admit it, Erik.
Hypocrisylive: You got me. But I’m not the only one.

“Erik, you are such a horny bastard. I’m not sleeping with you for the millionth time!”

ChaChaChandler: Yeah, Erik, if she’s sleeping with anyone, it’s gonna be me.
Hypocrisylive: In your dreams, Chandler.
DearMariaSuckMyDick: Guys. Guys. Let’s be honest here. It’s gonna be me.

DearMariaSuckMyDick is a girl, just so you’re aware. She’s 27, has two kids and constantly hits on me. She’s cute and I am bisexual just like she is, and she is older than me. Out of the three, she’s right. I would prefer her over Chandler or Erik. She’s one of my newer fans but she’s fun and active in the street tream.

“Guys, no one is sleeping with me,” I replied.

“Unless you’re me!” Ben sang from beside me. I punched him in the arm and made him topple over. I laughed.

YoshiGirrr: You’re all horny bastards!

“Garrett! You decided to join the party!”

YoshiGirrr: You know it, baby! I wouldn’t miss this for the world! How’s the album going?

“It’s going. We’re starting recording on Monday! I’m so excited. You should come down and see me! I miss you!”

YoshiGirrr: DM me the studio you’re at later and I’m come down tomorrow. Sound good?

“Absolutely, you gorgeous boy!”

Just then, Ian walked in.

“Time to get to work,” he announced.

“I gotta go, guys. Time to work, boss-man says.”

I let them say their goodbyes and then signed off. I went straight to Twitter before I had to start practice. I opened Garrett’s Twitter page and direct messaged him the address of the studio. I smiled, shut my laptop and stood up, dusting off my dress.

My phone vibrated just as the boys took position with their instruments. I grabbed it off the piano and checked it.

Direct message from MunnyRow: You. Me. That studio. Tomorrow. ;) Prepare yourself, you sexy thing.

My sassy Garrett, always a good smile with him around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Garrett cause problems with the Clary/Alex situation? Or are Clary and Garrett strictly friends?

Lovers;
rawrritsjess
rivals are insane
RAWRFAYCE


Bless your face. If you sneezed during this chapter, bless you.
Allons-y!

Any Alex Day fans reading this? If you are, I have a story in the works that you might be interested in. ;)