The Same Promise Every Night

1/1

Strumming his fingers against the guitar strings, Brendon sighed before putting the guitar down. He was frustrated with himself. No matter how hard or long he practiced, the chords and melody always sounded horrendous. He wasn’t a natural like Ryan.

Thinking of his boyfriend, Brendon wondered where he was. He called out his name softly. “Ry?”

“I’m here,” came a reply from down the hall.

Smiling, Brendon swiftly grabbed his guitar and brought it with him. He saw Ryan sitting on the couch and took the seat next to him. Ryan looked away from the television screen and to his boyfriend. “Having guitar problems again?” He asked with a small laugh.

Brendon nodded sheepishly. “You could say that. I just can’t memorize the chords or move my fingers fast enough.”

“I could disagree with the latter,” Ryan said with a smirk.

The younger boy blushed but ignore the cheeky remark. “Can you try and focus babe?”

“Can’t I teach you another night?” Ryan slowly removed the guitar from his boyfriend’s lap and softly placed it on the floor beside the sofa.

Brendon huffed but didn’t necessarily disagree. He simply crawled into Ryan’s lap and adjusted his thick glasses. “You’ve said that the every night for the past month.”

Ryan smiled. “I promise this time.”