Status: Writing it :) please leave me some comments :D <3

Love That Never Left

Chapter 4

A few hours later Mady wakes up realizing she slept a lot better outside in Zach’s embrace then she did her own comfy bed. She sees Rebecca still asleep so instead of waking her up she takes a hot relaxing shower to get out all the aches she had from falling on her butt skating last night as well as try to wake herself up from the odd night of sleep she had.

She walks into her room as her phone goes off. She quickly grabs the phone and answers it so she doesn’t wake Rebecca up.

“Hello?” She whispers while holding her towel up.

“Hey did I wake you?” Zach asks.

“No, I just got out of the shower. I don’t want to wake up Rebecca though.”

Zach groans before replying, “Why did you have to say you were just taking a shower. I’m a teenage boy I only have so much self-control.”

Mady decides to tease him some more and say, “So I shouldn’t tell you I’m only wearing a towel right now?”

Zach growls into the receiver making Mady laugh.

“I was going to ask if you wanted to hang in an hour after I shower and eat breakfast, but now I have to do one more thing, so how about in an hour and a half.”

Mady laughs at the extra thing she made him do before replying, “Sounds good Zachary. See you then. Also have fun with that extra thing.”

“Oh I will. You will be on my mind the whole time. You minus the towel,”

“Ew Zach!” Mady whines.

“See you” Zach tells her laughing

“See you later” Mady hangs up shaking her head with a smile on her face before getting dressed and waking Rebecca up telling her everything from last night till about ten minutes ago.

The girls walk down stairs together laugh at the small random stories about the boys. When they finally got down the stairs to get some breakfast her parents were there already eating and drinking their morning coffee. Mady kept talking to Rebecca going and grabbing her daily cup of hot chocolate. When there was a break in the conversation Mady’s mom decided to speak up, “So girls,
how was your double date late night?”

Mady blushed while Rebecca easily replied, “A ton of fun! Thanks for asking Mrs. Jasons.”

“Well do you girls have plans for today?” Her father asked.

“Actually I was planning on doing something with Zach eventually…”

“And I have work today so it works out well.”

“Yup!”

“Another date with that boy, you just had one. He must be crazy about you.” Her dad tells her laughing.

Mady doesn’t reply, but thinks ‘I hope so because I’m crazy about him…”
Around three o’clock the doorbell rings to reveal Zach standing on the porch rocking on his heels with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

“Hi Zach. We haven’t had a chance to meet, but I’m Mrs. Jasons.” Mady’s mom tells Zach while letting him inside the house.

“Hi Mrs. Jasons, it’s great to meet you. Sorry we haven’t been able to meet earlier.”

Mady’s mom waves him off not annoyed that she hadn’t met him yet because he knew it was Mady’s fault with her brothers and dad her mom could only relate.

Mady comes down the stairs in a rush saying, “Mom you better not be embarrassing me.”

“I merely introduced myself. You’re luck your father isn’t home.”

“Why do you think I told him to come at this time?”

“Clever little girl.”

Mady simply laughs in response before gasping at the beautiful flowers. “Who are those for?” she asks pointing.

“You of course.”

Mady thanked him, took them from him and then took a greedy whiff of the flowers.

“Here honey you get going before your father comes and I will put these in some water for you.”

“Thanks mommy.” Mady says handing over the pretty arrangement.

As Mady shuts her door Zach asks the question that was in his mind since he walked into the house.

“Why don’t you want me to meet your dad?”

“Because he will scare you away and I don’t want that.”

“How do you know that?”

“He isn’t as bad as my brothers, but last time I brought a guy who was only a friend who would never be more he questioned him like he killed someone while cleaning his gun.”

“That bad?”

“No actually that was dad being nice.”

Zach gulps in response and Mady laughs her way into Zach’s car.

The next months passed quicker than anyone anticipated; before they knew it, even, Christmas and New Year’s had pasted with a blast of fun. They were back in school when everything went down. Mady thought she should have seen it coming. She was simply too hopeful thinking a guy could like her the way she thought Zach did. She knew she was being stupid, but she found out too late.
That day started like a normal one. Zach and Cameron were at band practice while Mady and Rebecca hung out and listening on the floor of Zach’s bedroom. She was smiling and laughing all with all of the attempts at melodies and songs they tried to write. Suddenly someone burst through the door that caught everyone’s attention.

“Zach!” the mystery girl belted out before running to Zach and hugging him.

“Amy?! What are you doing here?”

“I just moved back from New York! Isn’t it amazing!”

“Yeah! Of course! How have you been?” Zach asks her starting a conversation with her that would
result in Zach forgetting about band practice while the pair ignored everyone else in the room keeping to themselves.

“And this is when I bow out as gracefully as I can manage.” Mady solemnly said.

“What?” Cameron says not understanding why she would say that.

“Come on! I saw the song. I see how he looks at her. I’m not even in the competition for him. She has him, she always did. I’ll be fine. I should have known it was too good to be true, stuff like this does not happen to me. I’m lucky it lasted for awhile. I’m sorry guys but I can’t stomach this anymore… being ignored the way he looks at her. I’m going to go. You know where to find me if you need something. I’ll see you later.” Mady says before giving Cameron and Rebecca a hug; unfortunately, that in itself broke her heart because when she would hug them before Zach would be watching Cameron with a close eye to make sure that he wouldn’t be putting the moves on his girl. He knew that Cameron was crazy in love with Rebecca, but he always claimed Mady was so amazing and beautiful who knows what it could result in. However, that time, that day, at that moment he didn’t notice. He simply didn’t care.

Mady walked out of the room doing her best to keep her tears out of her eyes while walking home. That was another thing that Zach wouldn’t stand for: her walking home alone no matter how bright or what time of day. She was still trying to be hopeful. Her and Zach did have a date later that day at six. She could only hope he wouldn’t forget and leave her. If he did, which is what her gut was telling her would happen; she would simply have to break up with him. If she was his girlfriend she shouldn’t be second to any girl that wasn’t related to him.

Mady was all ready for her date with Zach at six sharp. She was hoping that they could talk some things out because that would be the only way they would stay together. So Mady waited, and waited for Zach to come for their date, but two hours later he did not show up nor did he contact her. Mady had too much pride to contact him about the date, but at nine she did send him a text.

‘I hope you and your new girlfriend are happy together.’

‘What are you talking about?’ he replied about two hours later at eleven.

‘Your new girlfriend, Amy… I mean seriously you ditched me to talk to her for evlen hours… we had a date at six and you forgot about it and me. I see the way you look at her. So we are done. I’m no one’s second choice. I hope you two are happy together.’ Mady texted him before shutting off her phone so she couldn’t see his reply. Then she continued her nightly routine trying not to cry. She read, changed into pajama, and brushed her teeth. Though all that no tears fell, but just as she was about to sleep the water works started and she knew there was no stopping them no matter how much she wished they would.

Zach realized what he did that day and he couldn’t believe it, but at the same time he was torn. He never stopped loving Amy, but his feelings for Mady were growing strong. What he couldn’t believe was that he completely forgot about her until he looked at his phone to see what time it was when Amy left. That was when he saw her text. He did not think anything of it at first until he read her text. Then after their conversation was done he couldn’t believe he forgot that she was at his house that day and did not say bye. He didn’t even notice her leave. And then he forgot their date. It was going to a big date as well which is why he was so very shocked at his lack of remembrance. He felt his heart shattering in that moment… he didn’t know what to do. He grabbed the small box that was in his bedside drawer and opened it. Inside was a promise ring that was a simple white gold band with the ruby at the center in the shape of a heart. Then he looked at the inside of the ring. Inside it was engraved and it said ‘to my true love Mady for you will always hold my heart. Zach’ with a treble clef next to his name.

He knew he had to do something. He couldn’t just sit there and let her get away even if he wasn’t sure who he loved. He knew how his chest was tightening and how broken he felt. He closed the box, put it in his pocket, and then left for her house.

When he arrived he kept throwing pebbles at her window. She wouldn’t come out however. But he knew she would get too frustrated at the noise she would come eventually. After about fifteen minutes of throwing she opened her window which was good because Zach’s arm was getting very tired.

“What the hell do you want Zachary? Breaking my heart isn’t enough?”

“Mady please don’t do this. Please I need you.”

“No you don’t. You need her. I was merely a crappy replacement.”

“That isn’t true.”

“Isn’t it? How convenient that you simply forget me the moment she walks in. I bet you didn’t even think about me after she left. The only reason you remembered I existed was because I texted you. I bet even that did not make you realize what you did or the fact that you forgot our date that you claimed was going to be very special, one I would never forget. Well you got one thing right Zach, I won’t forget. I’m done… have fun with Amy. Have a good life.” She said before slamming her window shut.

Zach fell to the ground not being able to hold himself up anymore. He felt like he was crumbling. He leaned against her house and pulled out the box thinking how hard he had to work doing chores for his mom, saving money from all their gigs, as well as all the Christmas money he had to use to buy the simply ring. It was always worth it to him, even if it did take a while to save because all of the dates they went on with him insisting on paying. He closed the box, put it back in his pocket, put his head in his hands and began to cry.

Mady shut the window, but still looked at Zach. She noticed him grab something and look at it, but the moon wasn’t pointing the right direction for her to see it and it was dark so she did not know what it was. Then she saw him lean against her house which confused her. She kept looking at him thinking what he was thinking about when she saw him put his head in his hands and begin to cry which caused her to cry as well. She pulled away from the window and fell to her bed grabbing and holding her stuffed animal while she bawled her eyes out while Zach did the same thing outside.
In his defense Zach didn’t automatically go straight to Amy. He sulked for about a month and then he finally caved into her and went out with her. Mady sulked longer than that, not that she let anyone know. Her best friend became stuffed animals and Nicholas Sparks movies because they kept her company and reminded her what love was supposed to be like; the love she thought she had with Zach. Time simply flew and before anyone knew it the Valentine’s day dance was coming up. Posters were everywhere and it only made Mady sad. She somehow got Cameron and Rebecca to force her to go with them and she was not the least bit excited.

Before she could blink she was walking into the dance with Cameron and Rebecca in a dress she thought did not make her look good and stupid heels she was forced into when all she wanted to wear were converse. That’s when she saw the two together and when Amy gave her an ‘I won’ smirk everything fled back to her and she didn’t know what to do but fall on the floor leaning against the wall.

The girl had an I win you are a loser look on her face and said “Look at her.” While everyone laughing at her.

“She thought someone would ask her to the dance! How funny is that! It’s almost as funny as thinking she has friends!”

“What a riot!”

“Why would anyone like an ugly, fat, and unintelligent bitch like her.”

“Once I was trying to be nice and I tried to find some redeeming qualities about her, but I just failed! I mean there is simply nothing good about her.”

The laughs surrounded her and she did not know what to do except start singing to herself

“Remembering Sunday” by All Time Low while running out of the cafeteria where the dance was being held.

While running out she noticed only one person wasn’t laughing. They weren’t defending her or looking at her as if they felt bad, but they weren’t laughing either. That person was a guy named Joe they used to be friends before she became the laughing stock of the school. Aka they were the best of friends when she was three and that was it.

She ran all the way home and was happy her parents had left so she could bawl in peace.


“Mady! Mady!” Cameron started yelling at her not knowing what was going on. There was a glossed look in her eyes as if she was somewhere else and was dealing with something painful. He didn’t know what to do and neither did Rebecca she was freaking out.

Zach overheard Cameron yelling and automatically sprinted over to her dropping his hands away from Amy. All he could think about was Mady and if she was alright. At that moment, to him, she was all that mattered. He couldn’t trick his heart. He knew he loved Mady not Amy, but he also knew he needed closure and to be sure that he didn’t have feelings for Amy. He only knew he didn’t have feelings for Amy because without Mady nothing seemed worth living for to him. The sky might as well have been black. The stars did not shine at night. Without her nothing mattered to him.

“Mady! Mady!” Cameron continued to yell, but Zach knew that wasn’t getting him anything but a crowd. Zach screamed at everyone to move back and even to go back to what they were doing. When they saw the look on his face most did but kept an eye on what was going on. After everyone left Zach grabbed Mady and placed her in his lap. He then began to kiss her forehead, her cheeks, and her neck while whispering in her ear, “Mady please come back to me. Babe, please…”

That is what jolted her awake. When she saw whose arms she was in she jumped up apologized and ran out the door like a predator running from its prey.

Zach was lost and felt more alone than ever seeing her run. He wanted to go after her, but Amy was clutching his arm in a heartbeat. “What a little loser, and that dress. Gah! She looks worse than usual” Amy said.

And that was all he needed. Zach simply couldn’t take her or her attitude. He didn’t understand how he could ever love her. She was a witch, or something that rhymed with that.

“You know what Amy she looked like a goddess it is you who looks worse then a two cent whore. So shove it! Also if you didn’t guess we are done.”

“Zachy you don’t mean that.”

“My name is Zach and I meant every damn word.” He said before walking out of the dance leaving a pisses Amy in his wake.

When he got outside he heard a melodic voice singing itself, ‘he woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes…’

“Mady?”

She jumps saw who it was, apologized, took of her heals and started running away.

“Mady wait!” He yelled; however, she didn’t stop running until she was home. He followed her in his car to make sure she got home safe and sound. She sat on her porch rocking herself mumbling things, which he assumed to be lyrics to the song she was previously singing, to herself. The sight broke his heart because he knew her reaction to everything was because of her past, a past she would never let anyone know.

The next day Zach came to school determined.

“Zachy poo!” Amy yelled clinging to his arm.

“Did I not break up with you over the weekend?”

“That was just a little fight.”

That pissed him off, “Amy,” He said roughly grabbing her arms and looking her dead in the eye, “We are done. I’m done with you. I hate you, and not that fine line hate, just hate and disgust is all I feel for you so leave me the hell alone I will never be yours again. Got it?”

“But Zachy!”

“Stop with the freaking whining! You are a little bitch who needs to understand I don’t love you. Never did, never will now leave me the fuck alone!” And with that he shoved her away from him and angrily walked into school.

Before first period started everyone knew what happened. It was a big deal because Zach was known for not swearing and it was almost impossible to make him swear. He simply ignored the voices and just kept on with his day, his guitar on his back. He just had to make it through until lunch he told himself.

When lunch came he stepped on the table in the middle of the cafeteria and began to play a song that he knew Mady would love.

“I know your insides are feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swallow
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you take me all the way, you take me all the way…” He continued to sing.

All eyes were on him and he didn’t see any of them but Mady’s. He looked straight into her eyes and nowhere else. She was his one true love, and he knew it. He simply had to remind Mady that she was. He needed her like pandas need bamboo. He loved her, he simply had a momentarily lapse in judgment. He should have known sooner, and when he realized he simply didn’t know what to do. How to fix it all, but the dance put his ass in gear and he knew what he had to do. And honestly he would do anything for that girl.

Mady didn’t know how to respond. She heard him singing and she heard the words and one of her favorite songs and she simply didn’t know how to respond. She did know it was all for her. His eyes never left hers.

Before she knew it the song was done and she sprinted out of the cafeteria as if a dinosaur was chasing her. What she didn’t know was Zach jumped off the table and sprinted after her the millisecond she took a step out of the room; the whispers followed him, but it was as if no one else existed but her.

When he finally caught up he turned her around and then saw tears in her eyes and simply pulled her into his chest holding her close. Knowing that he would never leave her again, or so he thought at the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in a horrible mood... I think I may be PMSing... It has been a bad weekend for me... :/

Sorry the updates will take awhile, but chapters are longer :)

um I won't even start writing until about 2-3 weeks later because I have finals coming up and I need to focus on that in addition to writer's block (I'm having trouble being inspired) however I will finish this story!!!!! I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to update as soon as I can it's just chapters take me awhile because they are long....

thanks for the two people who commented :D (you should comment again and make me smile)

can someone tell me how long they dated for? I haven't been paying enough attention... :o
also did I give them any classes together? O.o

I'll shut up

song lyrics are from "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5 I do not own them in any way shape or form!