‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Honey, I'm Home

Hayleigh’s POV

“Zacky, could you get the door, please?” I asked him as I filled my cup with all natural tea. I heard it was good for you, and it calms you down. This is definitely what I need, especially with the stress of Matt being missing. Zacky nodded and walked into the living room to get the door.

“Oh my God.” I heard Zacky say in a muffled tone. I squinted my eyes.

“HAYLEIGH! IT’S MATT!” Zacky yelled to me. My eyes widened and I dropped my glass cup down to the ground. It shattered into a million pieces. Oops. I decided to forget about it for now and I started running towards the door. I started to tear up as I saw Matt’s face. He looked a little confused, but only God knows what this man has been through these past couple of days. I immediately pulled him into a tight hug.

“Matt, I’m so glad you’re home! I’ve missed you so much! I love you!” I told him happily. I noticed something was wrong when he didn’t reply to me. I pulled away just so that I could see his face.

“Matt…what’s wrong?” I asked, looking into his eyes. His eyes were different. It was as if he didn’t recognize me.

“Hayleigh…he…I’m sorry to tell you this, but he doesn’t remember anything…” Jimmy told me in a sad tone.

“You mean he doesn’t remember me? At all?” I asked, not quite sure what he meant. I felt a tear run down my face.

“I’m sorry…I just can’t remember…” Matt said, I noticed that he was tensed up so I let go of him. I don’t even know if I should refer to him as Matt anymore. He isn’t the Matt I remember. He looks like him, but that’s about it.

“I…I’m sorry.” I said, turning around and racing to my room. I couldn’t even bare to look at him. He doesn’t even recognize me. That’s not Matt, that’s not my Mattie. That’s someone who looks at him, but he’s not the same person anymore. He doesn’t even know that I bare his child. I just want my Mattie back right now, and I can’t have him. I felt like I was going to die as I sobbed into my pillow.

Matt’s POV

“Is it something I did? I really didn’t mean to upset her.” I said, looking over at Jimmy.

“Naw, man. She’s just a little upset. She understands, she’ll eventually come around.” He told me. I didn’t know what else to say, so I just nodded.

“So, this is my house?” I asked, looking around the rather large house.

“Yeah buddy.” Zacky said, smiling a little.

“Looks like I’ve done well for myself.” I noted.

“We have done well for ourselves. We all started a band together in 1999 and we’re a pretty well known band. We’re called Avenged Sevenfold.” Jimmy explained to me.

“I see. You think I could listen to some of our music? It might trigger some memory…” I asked, looking around for a cd player or something.

“Of coarse you can.” Zacky said with a huge grin on his face.

“Man, you’re gonna love it.” Jimmy told me as he and Zacky went grabbing for CDs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suggest you subscribe and comment on these stories in the time being. One has started, but one is still in the works. Some of my stories are ending soon, so you should read. You'll like them if you like this story....

abSYNthe - Brian/Angel/Adrienne

Fix You - Brian/Cordelia

How To Be Famous - Lacey/Matt (Flyleaf/Avenged Sevenfold)