‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Grandma is Coming from Texas

"Yeah, we're pregnant...technically, I'm pregnant. You don't have to gain weight, eat for two, go to the hospital, or give birth or anything like that, but okay..." I rambled on, feeling a little nervous because Matt hadn't said anything.

"No, I don't have to...but...I...can! HELL YEAH! THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!" Jimmy enthused, wrapping his arms tightly around me. I was still feeling a little nervous because Matt still hadn't said anything.

"I HAVE TO GO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW!" Jimmy yelled before letting go of me and running out of the room. I couldn't not giggle, but then I immediately stopped, because Matt was just sitting there staring at me. I didn't know whether he was happy, mad, or sad...

"Matt, please say something." I said, shaking my head.

"I don't even know what to say." He said before turning around and walking out the door.

"What just happened?" I asked myself as I sat down on the sofa and began to cry. I don't even know what to do. A million thoughts were running through my head. Matt doesn't want this baby? Does he think that I cheated on him with someone else and got pregnant? I don't know what he thinks because he wouldn't talk to me, he just ran away.

Soon, my mood had changed from sad to mad. I don't know what the fuck Matt thinks he's doing, running away like that. That is childish! He shouldn't do that to his PREGNANT wife! That puts stress on me, and more importantly, the baby. I knew that the baby probably wasn't as big as the tip of my finger yet, but still, this can't be good for it!

I looked up when Jimmy came running back into the living room, He was so excited, that he didn't even notice that I was crying or that Matt had left.

"Grandma is coming from Texas!" Jimmy enthused once again.

"Why is your Grandma coming?" I asked, momentarily forgetting my situation with Matt.

"I told her that I was having a baby!" He said, matter-of-factly.

"Um, Jimbo, did you happen to mention to her that it was me and Matt that are having a baby?" I asked, tilting my head slightly to the right.

"Oh, shit...I forgot to mention that...I better call her ba- Hey! Why are you crying? Is it because you're happy? I read about this in a magazine once and-" He started to say, but I cut him off.

"No, Jimmy...I wish I was crying because I'm happy...but I'm not..." I told him, hating to spoil his happy mood.

"What the hell is going on? Who do I have to kill?" He asked, looking around.

"Matt sort of freaked out and left..." I said, looking down. I didn't want to see the look on his face.

"What?!" Jimmy yelled, making me look back up at him.

"Well, he was just like 'I don't know what to say.' and then he left... I don't know what's going on with him, but I'm sort of pissed off." I told him truthfully.

"I don't blame you! Where the fuck did he go?! I'm going to go there and kick his ass!"

"Jimmy, if I knew, I'd be on my way to kick his ass myself! This is SO not healthy for the child!"

"Oh my God! You need food, that'll calm you down! You need ICE CREAM! WHERE'S THE ICE CREAM!" he yelled before running back into the kitchen. I chuckled at his craziness and put my head in my hands. I then sighed, thinking about Matt again...bringing more tears to my eyes. We've been together forever and it seems like the right time to me... I mean, I though that he would be happy about this.

"I come bearing ice cream, m'lady." Jimmy told me in a horrible accent as he sat the whole bucket down in front of me.

"Jimmy, I'm not even 2 months pregnant yet, I can't eat all of this. I'll just throw it up!" I told him with a smile.

"Fine, I'll eat it." He said with a shrug. He grabbed the whole bucket and started eating it like it was nothing. I smiled and leaned back in my seat.

"HAYLEIGH! GET YOUR ASS UP!" Matt yelled as he stormed back through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Also read Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter was in My Bed...it's a Matt story that I started a while back...people love it. so i think you will too. (: