‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Perfect

Hayleigh's POV

A month had passed, and Matt still hadn't remembered a single memory from our past. I was almost beginning to lose hope, but then again, maybe it won't matter. Matt is obviously the same person he was before, just without the memories. Everything is going perfect. Matt had been spending a lot of time with the guys, though. Writing new material for the album and taking voice lessons from Jimmy... His voice pretty much came natural to him, Jimmy just had to remind him of some of the vocal exercises for his screams. The only thing that wasn't right was the fact that we hadn't had sex or even kissed since he'd been back, but I'm sure that it will happen in time. I'm in no hurry for that either. Everything else seemed pretty normal...although it did slightly feel like something was missing. It's almost like putting together the pieces of the puzzle, when it is completely finished, but the most important piece is missing...It is confusing me. There is nothing that we can do, said the doctor. We just have to be patient, to wait. Waiting is just something that I was never good at...until it came to Matt. I waited on him forever and I am certain that I can do it again.

"Honey, can you slice me some watermelon?" Matt after he kissed my cheek. He had just returned home from the studio and was taking his shoes off.

"Sure... I was thinking of having some myself." I said, turning around and walking into the kitchen.

"Thank you." he said with a polite smile. He followed me into the kitchen and watched me slice the melon.

"Careful." he warned me when he saw me get a little too close to my fingers. I just smiled and continued what I was doing. I handed him a big slice and kept one for myself. I decided to just leave the melon on the counter top until I was finished with my piece. Matt bit into his like he was starving to death, but I decided to take the less- messy route to eating mine.

"We start recording tomorrow." he told me, swallowing a bite. For some reason, I was taken by surprise by his news. Isn't it a little soon for that? I mean, it has only been a month.

"Isn't that a little...soon?" I asked, furrowing my brow. Matt had promised me that he was going to take the whole summer off and start writing in the fall. Well, here it is, the middle of the summer, and he's already wanting to start back. I mean, they just got off tour.

"Well... not really. I mean, it's been a whole month and I'm starting to feel like myself again." he said, finishing his slice of watermelon.

"Like yourself? How can you feel like yourself again when you don't remember anything that happened for the past twenty seven years!" I was starting to sound a bit snappy...although I didn't really mean to. He gave me a frown and then sighed, looking at the ground as he stepped a bit closer to me.

"Way to alienate me... Look, it's just that the guys and I have been working on these great songs that we're all ready to share with the world. We're all excited about it and I think that maybe doing this will help me gain back my memories. I mean, my life didn't just revolve around you- although you were a major part, don't get me wrong. But this is something that I did the majority of my life and I think it would be good for me." he explained, not even getting a little frustrated with me.

"And I completely understand that... But before the accident, you promised me that you were going to take the whole summer off and then start writing in the fall... Which, I understand that you don't remember that, but I'm telling you now. And I'm not lying, you know I wouldn't do that."

"Well, maybe you should have told me that before I started writing." he told me, looking away.

"I know I should have, but I knew that the writing process would be good for you. But I'm just asking you, to please hold off on the recording until summer is over. I'd like for you to spend some time with me."

"Hayleigh..." he sighed, shaking his head. I just stared at him, anticipating his answer.

"Okay, I'll ask the guys if we can do that...but I'm not making any promises." he told me, raising his eyebrows. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, Matty." I said, my voice muffled against his neck.

"Anything for you." he said, letting go of me and then leaving the room. Probably to go change clothes or something, I assume. I turned around and wrapped the watermelon back up and put it back into the fridge.

"Matt!" I called as I walked into the hallway. I had just remembered that we are supposed to hang out with Jimmy and his girlfriend Lilah tonight and I needed to remind him.

"Yeah?" he said, emerging from our room, shirtless. This is something that I could never miss. He was in such good shape and he hadn't even worked out at all this month, although he said he'd soon be ready to get back into that. I still want him, and I had to wonder if he wanted me. It's so strange that we hadn't yet explored this idea.

"Um...uh..." he made me forget what I was about to tell him.

"What'd you need, sweetie?" he asked, giving me a big smile. He had to know that I was distracted by his body.

"I just wanted to tell you that Jimmy and Lilah are expecting us tonight...I don't know if you remember..." I said, trailing off and looking down at the ground.

"Of course I remember. I'm about to take a shower. Did you want to shower first or...?" he waited patiently for my response.

"No, I took a shower earlier. I just need to change." I told him, walking into our bedroom behind him. He just grabbed a few items of clothing and disappeared into the bathroom. I figured he wouldn't be coming out of the bathroom anytime soon so I just decided to change then and there. I went to my closet, picked out a pink shirt, some pants, and some boots to wear. I then turned around and stripped down to my undergarments. I glanced over at the mirror and had to do a double take when I noticed something. I was starting to show! There was a small baby bump on my belly. I'm only a month and a half pregnant! Is that normal? I don't know, but tears started to fill my eyes as I started to think about everything. I knew I was pregnant the whole time, but shit just got real. My stomach is starting to grow!

"Matt!" I called, not caring that I was only in my bra and panties. It's not like I should be embarrassed if my husband see's me half naked, I mean, he did get me pregnant. Although, he doesn't remember that part. Or me naked...

"What is it?! What's wrong?!" he said, rushing out of the bathroom in only a towel. Drops of water dripped down his body and steam rolled out of the bathroom behind him.

"Whoa...You're naked." he said, his eyes widening a bit and I could tell that he couldn't stop from checking me out, head to toe.

"I'm starting to show!" I said, pointing down at my stomach.

"What?" he said, blinking at me.

"Look! I have a baby bump!" I said with a smile, tears falling from my eyes. He smiled sweetly and moved closer, pressing his hand onto my stomach.

"I hadn't noticed." he said, his face becoming serious. I didn't reply, I just placed my hand over his and stared down at the beauty we had created. I looked up at Matt and gave him a proud smile. He smiled back at me and wiped the tears away with his free hand.

"They're happy tears." I said, biting my lip. He remained serious, looking into my eyes, hand still on my belly.

"I know." he said, his own eyes tearing up. He then leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I gasped in surprise, but I quickly warmed up to his familiar kiss. That hadn't changed. He was still an amazing kisser. It made me feel warm and fuzzy all over and I felt the butterflies in my stomach again. I felt like I turned to goo as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I felt like everything was normal again, and in that second, I honestly didn't care that it wasn't. All I cared about was the fact that Matt was there and it felt as if we were falling in love all over again. All is good in the world. In fact, it is perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short and sorry if it changed a bit on you. This same chapter was erased somehow and I had to rewrite it, so it is a lot different. I can't really remember what happened in the original, but this has the same idea, I think. & sorry it took me forever. I got a bit discouraged, as anyone would if they had to rewrite a missing chapter.

Oh, here's her clothes -- (: (that she will be wearing to see Jimmy and Lilah.)