‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Rock Climbing

"Oh dear! You're starting to show!" Lilah told me as I sat down on Jimmy's couch. I nodded and smiled happily at her words.

"I know! I'm actually excited about it, though." I told her, shaking my head in disbelief with a huge grin on my face.

"I couldn't blame you!" she replied patting my belly, ever so lightly.

"Yeah, our little girl is gonna rock the fuck out of the drums when she gets older." Jimmy said with a proud smile on his face.

"What makes you think it's gonna be a girl? And if it's a girl, she's obviously going to sing instead of play the drums. She'll definitely have an amazing voice." Matt told Jimmy with a smug look on his face. They didn't seem to notice that Lilah and I were listening to their conversation. I chuckled and Lilah just shook her head.

"Boys." She said, standing up and leaving the room.

"Yeah, but she's gonna want to hang out with Uncle Jimmy a lot more when she finds out she can make loud noises that annoys the shit out of Daddy." he said with a chuckle.

"Well, let's just hope she's more into singing... but if she is into the drums, you better fucking teach her good." Matt warned Jimmy in a joking tone.

"No worries."

"To be honest, I think she's going to be more into sports...I mean, I have always been an athletic person." I interrupted them, making them think about it in a completely different way.

"Yeah... Maybe golf." Matt replied, looking away and smiling. He seemed to be in a different universe, probably thinking of going golfing with his future daughter or son. I honestly never liked to go golfing, that's something that he and Zacky always did together.

"Or rock climbing." Jimmy added, laughing a little.

"Are you kidding? That is dangerous!" Matt told Jimmy, giving him an ill look.

"Isn't everything these days?"

"Yeah, but there's no fuckin' way I'm letting my kid do that! Haven't you seen that movie?! What's it called? 127 Hours?!"

"The guy fucking lived, didn't he?!" Jimmy replied, being a smart ass.

"That's not the point! I bet he never goes rock climbing again!"

"I bet he did! If the man let that scare him, then I say he's a pussy!"

"So are you saying that I'm a pussy if I never get on a boat again?!" Matt asked, becoming serious. Uh oh. Shit just got real.

"NO! I'm just saying, if your daughter ever asks me to go rock climbing with her, I'm definitely not going to say no!" Jimmy replied, getting serious as well.

"Oh, you're not going to say no. You're not going to say anything, because you might not be around that long!" Matt said, cracking his knuckles as he moved closer to Jimmy.

"Don't threaten me like that!" Jimmy argued, moving a bit closer to Matt.

"BOYS! Calm down! This can be settled when 'she' is actually born." I told them, standing and touching Matt's arm. He took a deep breath and looked at me for a minute, then back at Jimmy.

"Sorry man, got a little carried away." Matt told Jimmy with a sigh.

"I think we both need some drinks." Jimmy said, walking into the kitchen. Matt just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"No fair! I don't get to drink." I complained, putting a hand on my belly. He pulled away a bit and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry, babe... I won't drink either. I'm the one who made you pregnant." he said, giving me a sweet smile.

"You don't even remember... But no, I want you to drink. Have fun. I like drunk Matt, anyway." I said kissing his cheek lightly.

"Well I'm glad you remember him, because I can't." he said with a sigh.

"Don't worry, Matt. You will remember one day." I told him, pressing my lips to his. For the first time, I actually believe my own words.

"Don't get carried away, lovebirds. Matt and I are getting fucked up before anyone goes anywhere." Jimmy said, handing Matt a shot of liquor.

"You're a cock blocker!" Matt joked, giving Jimmy his full-dimpled grin. I chuckled, blushing a bit at Matt's words.

"Look, you made the pregnant lady blush!" Jimmy announced, pointing at me. I could have killed him, because when Matt looked at me and gave me the biggest grin ever, my face turned the color of a tomato.

"I got the lady pregnant, and I can still make her blush. I must be doing something right." Matt said with a proud look on his face. I just looked down and covered my face.

"Yeah, well, if you think about it, since you can't remember anything...let's just say, when you guys do fuck, it'll be like she's taking your virginity." Jimmy explained with a devilish grin on his face.It was Matt's turn to blush this time, and trust me, I wasn't used to seeing him blush.

"Seriously, can we not talk about this!" Lilah interrupted with a grin on her face as she re-entered the living room. Where had she been the whole time? Who knows?

"Sure, babe. Who wants to play pool?!" Jimmy asked excitedly, heading towards his basement door. I just got up and followed, knowing that we were going to be there for a while.

~Two and a half hours later~

I plopped down on my couch as Matt came in our house and shut the door behind him. It had been a long night and I was tired. Matt was almost drunk and I was almost passed out. The lights weren't even turned on, and I liked it that way.

"Babe, please help me get these shoes off." I said, throwing my foot out for him to see. He stumbled a bit and then chuckled.

"Su..Sure baby. Anything for you." He gave me a cheesy grin as he knelt down and pulled my boot off, almost falling backwards as he did so. I just giggled at his drunken clumsiness. He smiled brightly at me and then went to remove the other boot. It seemed to come off easier than the other and he just threw it somewhere behind him. He then stumbled again as he got up and plopped down on the couch beside of me. His arm was touching mine and I just leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you." I whispered, momentarily shutting my eyes.

"Ya know... Me and Jimmy were almost about to fight earlier." he mentioned, looking down at me.

"I know. You guys shouldn't fight. You've been friends for too long and you love each other too much to fight over something that stupid." I explained as best as I could in my tired state.

"It isn't stupid. I mean, that's my kid." he told me, placing his hand on my stomach.

"That isn't what I meant. It's going to be a year or so before she even starts walking. You shouldn't be worried about if she's going rock climbing or not. At least not right now."

"You're right. I also realized that she will be her own person. She's not going to want to do something just because we want her to or because we think it's best for her. She's going to do what she thinks is best for her and what she feels is right. I forgot how it feels to be a kid, ya know? So, I am going to support her in whatever she does, no matter what it is... unless it's rock climbing." he said, chuckling a bit at the end. I giggled at his stubbornness.

"Yeah...but right now; We get to choose what the nursery looks like." I said with a smirk. Then, I yawned and shut my eyes again. I felt like I was going to fall asleep sitting there.

"You tired, sweetheart?" he asked me, leaning his head on mine. I smiled sweetly at him and nodded.

"C'mon. Lemme carry you to bed." he said, standing up perfectly- or so it seemed.

"O...okay... just let me go to the bathroom real quick." I said, standing up on my swollen feet and heading to the bathroom. My purse was still on my arm, so I just laid it on the bathroom sink as I used the toilet. When I was finished, I got back up and was about to leave the bathroom, but I noticed something sticking out of my purse. It was an envelope. I plucked it out of the back and went to open it. It was a long ass letter. What the hell?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and sorry that it took me so long to update... wonder what the letter says ?!?!