‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Out Of This

Matt's P.O.V.

The doorbell rang as I stumbled over to get the door. When I opened the door, Brian stood there, soaking wet. I chuckled at how pissed off he looked as he walked past me inside.

"Man, this better be good. Our girls hate you right now." he told me, walking into my kitchen and getting a beer from the fridge. He popped it open on the edge of my counter and took a drink.

"What have they told you so far?" I asked him, bracing myself for the shittiest answer.

"Uhm...just about how you shacked up with some anonymous whore who wrote Hayleigh a note and left it in her purse." He said it as if it were nothing.

"Brian, I don't remember doing that... If it ha-" he cut me off.

"If it happened, I'm going to kick your ass. I don't care if you remember or not." He stated, sternly looking into my eyes.

"I don't think it did happen! The way that I feel about her right now...and I don't have all of our memories together...but I'm in love with her again, man. There is no way I would do that to her even now. How could I have done it before?" I explained, taking another sip of my Jack Daniels. I knew that right now I should be trashed, but the whole situation just sobered me.

"It wouldn't be the first time you stepped out, man." Brian said with a fake laugh.

"On her?!" I asked, skeptical.

"No, but I remember you cheated on Sadie once or twice."

"Sadie?" I asked, not recalling the woman behind the name.

"You dated her in high school before you got together with Hayleigh."

"Oh...but I know I wouldn't do that shit to Hayleigh!" I was so sure of my words.

"Man, you have been with Hayleigh since high school and even before that you were best friends. It is possible that you got tired of fucking the same 'ol, same 'ol. So you got you some strange...and you got caught." He accused, taking a large gulp of my beer.

"I just don't see it, man... I'm pretty sure what we have...had...have...I don't know. I'm sure it was more than what's between her legs." I said, shaking my head and feeling frustrated that not even I knew the truth.

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, dude. But there's no way we could ever know for sure."

"I think it was Lilah who wrote the letter."

"Jimmy's girlfriend?" He scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Yeah... because we came back from there and it was mysteriously in her purse."

"Dude, I know for a fuckin' fact you wouldn't fuck that ugly bitch...I mean I get why Jimmy would...but that bitch is not your type." He laughed and finished his beer, reaching in my fridge for another.

"Are you sure, Brian?" I asked because I didn't want to be the only one who thought I wouldn't fuck that girl.

"Man, I've known you since we were 12...I know your type." He told me, sitting down at the table.

"I just don't know what to do." I sighed in defeat, turning to Jack for some more comfort. I was beginning to feel like I was trashed. I have drank a lot of alcohol.

"This is what we'll do...We'll just fuckin'...go over there...and just confront the bitch." Brian suggested, poking his finger onto the kitchen table as he spoke.

"Man, that's a good idea." I agreed, nodding my head.

"But you just fuckin'...You let me do all of the talking, okay, man?"

"Uhm...okay. But why?"

"You're fucking trashed and I doubt they will be able to understand you by the time we get there. You get mumble-y when you're drunk." He chuckled at the look on my face.

"You're fucked up, too, man. I know those aren't the only two beers you have drunk today."

"Naw, man. But you're drinking Jack. You don't even typically like Jack. You were on a Grey Goose and Cranberry Juice kick. Said it didn't give you a hangover like dark liquor."

"Oh fuck... I'll have a hangover tomorrow." I dreaded it.

"Yeah man... You'll hate yourself. But let's go. We gotta make that bitch talk. Get the note."

********************************************

"Hey, man. I didn't expect you back tonight. What the fuck did you forget?" Jimmy asked Matt when he answered the door. He looked as if he had been passed out or asleep.

"I didn't forget anything...my whi...uhm wif..." I slurred as I tried to speak.

"What he's trying to say is...here man just let me in." Brian said as he pushed past Jimmy and went straight into his bedroom where Lilah was. I was right behind him. Jimmy looked confused as he followed us.

"Who in the motherfucking fuckin' goddamn hell do you think you are?!" Brain yelled at her angrily. She looked stunned and even a little scared and she was naked underneath the covers.

"What the fuck, man? Are you drunk?! Don't talk to her like that!" Jimmy yelled, grabbing Brian's shoulder. Brian looked at Jimmy as if he had a third eye.

"You don't even fucking know what is going on."

"Obviously you are drunk...Lilah baby, get dressed and let me find out what the fuck this is about." Jimmy said, grabbing Brian and me by the arm and pulling us both out to the living room.

"What the hell, you guys! You come here in the middle of the night like this yelling at my girlfriend. What the actual fuck?!" He asked, looking back and forth between us. I didn't say anything, I just let Brian handle it.

"Matt, hand him the note." I just did as he said, handing over the wrinkled note. It took him a minute or so to read the whole thing.

"Dude...you fucked on Hays?!" He asked, a disgusted look on his face.

"He don't remember shit. But we don't think he did."

"And what the hell does this have to do with my girlfr...oh fuck. She typed this, didn't she?"

"I don't know...but it looks pretty suspicious. They get home from your house and this is in Hayleigh's purse." Brian said, I just nodded.

"Where is Hays?"

"She's at my house crying her fucking eyes out because of this."

"You guys...Lilah...she's...she's not all there. That's why I never bring her around as much... But I love her... and about two months ago, we found out that my cum don't make anything..." Everything got quiet for a minute.

"Jimmy... You can't have kids?" I finally spoke.

"That's what the doc says."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked him, moving closer.

"I wasn't going to say anything. I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me like you guys are right now."

"I'm sorry, man. That's why you were so excited when you found out Hayleigh was pregnant." I studied, feeling sad for my friend.

"You remember?" He asked, looking hopeful.

"No, Hayleigh told me about it." He nodded at my words, looking a little disappointed.

"There's no way you'd fuck my girlfriend dude, I know you better than that...and you'd never do that to Hays." He told me, so sure of himself. I was relieved that he knew me well enough to know.

"She hates me now... but why would Lilah want to cause us this much trouble?"

"She wants a baby, too, Matt. She's jealous."

"She caused me a lot of shit, Jimmy." I told him with a sigh.

"I'll get you out of this, Matt. I'll take her over there tonight and make her apologize to Hayleigh and explain everything." Jimmy said, pulling on his jacket.

"Thank God." I said with a sigh of relief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!
Hope you enjoy!!

& Yes, I changed our girl!! lol Hope you don't mind!

Lemme know what you think. Any comments, subs, and recs are appreciated and thanks in advance!

xx
amimarievee

Oh yeah! Check out these amazing stories!

Losing My Religion (Matt)

And subscribe to this story, bc it's coming soon!!!

Where Are You Now (Brian)

Both by my buddy up in smoke;