‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Bad Marriage

"What the fuck is your problem?!" I yelled at him as I stood from my seat. He threw about 6 bags on the floor. 

"My problem? I don't have one! You do, you're the pregnant one! We gotta get your ass to the hospital! Let's go!" He yelled at me with a smile on his face. I was still confused about how he felt about things. He deals with things differently than I do. 

"Matt, we've been together since high school. Everything is perfect. You're the only person I've ever really been with, we're happily married and you and I both know that we have the money to support this kid. I don't see this as as problem, but if you do,then you need to leave right now." I told him, a couple of tears forming in my eyes. 

"That's not how I meant it. In case you didn't notice, I went out and bought a bunch of shit for our baby. I just needed to fuckin'...clear my head and that's why I left like that. You, of all people, should know that I don't see this as a problem. Hell, I've been wanting a baby for 2 years! ...The fact that you made the decision to leave me so quick really tells me something, Hayleigh. Maybe our marriage isn't as good as we thought." I couldn't do anything but listen to his words and cry. I spotted tears in his own eyes before he turned around and stormed back out of the door.

 In a way, I was relieved to find that Matt actually did want the baby. But at the same time, I'm devastated that I just fucked things up the way I did. I'd be lying if I told you that that was the first time Matt and I had argued since we married, but I'm pretty sure it's the worst argument we've had yet. 

"That was intense." Jimmy commented quietly. I looked over at him slowly, having forgot that he was even there. He had some ice cream dripping off of his chin, but I was too caught up to tell him or laugh.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." I told him blankly, standing and walking upstairs to my room. I am just worried about Matt. I don't know where he's at, but I know him good enough to know that wherever he is, he's pissed, and there's also a large amount of alcohol involved. 
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for you Star Angel. Happy Birthday Girl!
I know it's fucking short, but I had a lot to do and I didn't want to not post on your birthday because I promised you that I would. Next chapter will be WAY longer, guaranteed.