‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Smiley Face Breakfast

It was almost Four in the morning when I heard Matt come back home. I couldn't even make myself fall asleep until he came back home because I was worried about the things he would do. I usually trust Matt completely, but it's kind of hard to do when he's drunk and mad at me. He could be spiteful even. I could smell an overwhelming stench of alcohol when he opened the bedroom door. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep so that I could avoid getting into an argument with him. I heard him unzip his pants, which meant that he was taking his pants and shirt off to get into bed. I was startled when he pulled me flush against him in the bed. I gasped in surprise and shuddered when he ran his hand down my back. I wanted to just kiss him and forget any of this happened, but I couldn't. 

"I love you so much, Hayleigh." he told me with a raspy voice. 

"I love you, too, Matty." I whispered. It was the honest truth, no matter how many arguments we get in. 

"I'm so sorr-" I cut him off. 

"Shhh, Matty, you're drunk. Just go to sleep and we'll talk about this tomorrow." I said, pressing my finger to his lips. It's true that I didn't want him to apologize while drunk because it's a possibility he won't remember anything. But if he wants to apologize tomorrow when he's sober, he can. He nodded at my words as I slipped out of bed and left the room. I just can't be around him when he's drunk like this. 

I lied down on the couch, closed my eyes and tried to imagine everything Matt did earlier in the night. I could only hope that it wasn't anything bad. 

I woke up the next morning to my stomach growling. Demanding little fellow, huh?  thought to myself as I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. I could already smell the food, but it was only my imagination. I was surprised to see Jimmy standing at the stove cooking something. Definitely not my imagination! No wonder I woke up hungry, with that amazing smell of food in the air. 

"Hey, Jimmer." I greeted him as I entered the kitchen. 

"Morning Sunshine!" he told me happily. 

"What's with the Stepford wife phase?" I asked as I sat down at the bar. 

"I knew you'd be hungry and I didn't want you to have to cook. That little bun in the oven will be healthy if I have anything to do with it!" he said happily as he sat some food down in front of me. I laughed when I saw that it was eggs and bacon, shaped like a smiley face. 

"There's toast, too. I just didn't want to put it on the plate because it would mess up the face." he told me as he sat down to his own plate. 

"I see." I said as I grabbed the bacon and shoved it in my mouth. 

"So, have you gave any thought to what type of vitamins you'll take yet?" he asked me seriously. I chuckled at his concern. 

"I love you, Jimmy, but no." I replied before grabbing the fork to eat my eggs. 

"Natural birth or not?"

"I don't know, Jim. Matt has me distracted." 

"Well, hell. You really need to think about this stuff. We need to have everything ready when you go in labor." 

"Relax, dude, we have another 8 months before that happens." I told him before taking a gulp of my orange juice. 

"Well, you need to set Matt's ass straight, before I do." he told me before taking a drink of his tomato juice. I then felt sick to my stomach, but I quickly forgot about it because I started to think about Matt. 

"You're right. I'm gonna go wake him up." I said, sliding off of the overly tall bar stool. 

"You do that, honey." he said as I walked out of the room. 

I slowly walked into Matt and mine's room and almost tripped over Matt's pants on the floor. 

"Shit." I cursed before grabbing the pants off of the floor. I noticed a couple of papers fell from one of the pockets. I put Matt's pants aside and picked up the papers. One was actually a napkin. 

"Cassandra- Call me!" one said with her number below it. 

"Call Marsha, baby." another read with another number. 

"Josie" another one said with a number. There were like 3 more papers with numbers and names, but I didn't bother reading them. I was too upset. I stormed back into the kitchen and slapped all of the papers on the bar. 

"What's that?" Jimmy asked me, looking in my direction. I felt a tear fall down my face before I answered him. 

"Numbers from different girls. He cheated on me, Jimmy." I told him looking down and letting more tears fall. 

"Hayleigh, baby, numbers doesn't mean that he cheated on you." he told me, putting his hands on his hips. 

"Yeah, but he still took their numbers! You know Matt as well as I do, Jimmy. You know how flirty he can be when he's drunk!" I told him, placing one hand on my hip and one hand placed flat on the bar. 

"He was mad, he was probably just blowing off some steam. If he did flirt, I don't think he cheated on you. He loves you too much, Hayleigh." he told me with an honest look in his eyes. 

"What's all the fuss about?" a rough voice said from behind me. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you guys. & I love comments. What is going through your mind?