‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Just That and More

"This is what all the fuss is about." I said to him holding up all of the papers and then dropping them out of my hands. Matt sighed and looked down. 

"Hayleigh...girls gave me their numbers. Was I planning on calling them? No. I had my wedding ring on the whole night." he told me, walking a little closer. 

"Maybe you weren't planning on calling them, but you still brought their numbers home with you! And so what, you wore the ring? Those sluts don't give a shit if you're married, divorced, in a relationship, gay, bi, or asexual!" I yelled, filling myself getting even angrier. 

"Just give me those numbers! I'll throw them away right fucking now!" he yelled. 

"The numbers don't matter, Matt. Did you cheat on me?" I asked, looking into his eyes. 

"No, I didn't." he stated shortly. 

"But how can I know that for sure, huh? You were drunk and mad, I'll never know everything you did!" 

"Hay, you have to believe me. I mean, we've been together forever and I love you. Your kiss brought me out of a fucking coma! What more proof do you need?!?!"

"I know...but we were kids back then, Matt. You never so much as looked at another girl...but now, I guess you're sick of me." I told him, feeling more tears running down my cheek. 

"Oh, Hayleigh, come on! That's bullshit and you know it. We could be eighty years old and I still couldn't be sick of you!" 

"Why haven't we been having sex lately, Matt? Can you tell me that?" I asked him, feeling angry. 

"I've been busy with the album lately. It hasn't been that long, Hayleigh. Obviously...or you wouldn't be knocked up right now."

"Yeah right!" I said, still mad, but not having anything else to say.

"Yeah right?! Yeah right! We'll have sex right now!" he said, pulling his shirt off to show me that he's serious. 

"You're only saying that because you know I won't!" I argued. 

"What?! You confuse the hell out of me! First, you want to have sex, then you don't...give me the fucking numbers! Maybe I will call one of those chicks!"

"Go ahead! Maybe you will want to have sex and babies with them!" I yelled as I walked past him. I already knew that he would follow me. Sometimes I think I know the man better than I know myself.  

"What?!" he asked, his voice had a hint of disbelief. 

"You heard me." I replied as I rushed up the stairs. 

"You can't just walk away from me!" he argued. 

"Yeah? Watch me." I challenged him as I walked into our bedroom. I pulled out a suitcase. 

"What are you doin'?" he asked me, more calm. 

"I'm packing my bags and I'm leaving." I told him as I grabbed some of my clothes. 

"Baby, you're not leaving. You know you can't leave me." he told me, moving to stand in front of me. I threw my clothes on the bed and put my hands on my hips. 

"Why the hell not?!" I asked, looking him in the eyes. 

"Because I love you and you love me and this is just an argument we're having. Believe me, I couldn't cheat on you if I wanted to. Every fucking girl that came up to me, I'd look at her and all I'd see was you. I don't even know how I got all of those fucking numbers... I was drunk. All I could think about was coming home to you...and I don't want us to argue. And I want this baby more than anything. I've been dreaming of having a kid with you every since we got married...and I fucking promise you, your kiss could still bring me out of a coma!" he told me. He looked like he was on the brink of tears. I stared at him for a moment, processing everything that he just said. I believed every word of it. 

"Matt?" I whispered. 

"Yeah?" he answered with a sigh. 

"Just kiss me already." I told him and he did just that...and more. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated again. Wow. What do you think will happen next?