Status: 10 stars. 540 readers 22 subscribers (Thanks a shit ton, everyone]

You Know I Still Get Lost in Your Eyes

Insecurities beyond the hotel lobby.

Image

I sigh, is it bad that I missed him. That I missed everything, and how it use to be. A slight knock on the door brings my attention to it. "Come in" My mother walks in with kade buddled up in her arms. "Kade!" I shout out happily rushing up to embrace her. "Hi mommy's little ladybug!" Kade looks at me with her beautiful eyes and her dazzling smile. She giggles and smushes my cheeks with both hands, rubbing her face against mine. "Hi baby girl" I mutter. Mom smiles and sits down on the bed while I lean over and bite kade's nose gently. "Have you talk to kenneth yet?" I groan and smile back at kade. "Toni" She says my name sternly.It was always hard to ignore her "No. Ma I haven't" She sighs deeply and mutters "This is why young people can't have children" I roll my eyes considering the fact that she had me at 17. A lot younger than I was when I had kade. "Do you love him?" I sit kade on my hip and dance around the room with her. "Oh course ma" She groans a little annoyed by me "Why do you make things so diffcult?" I shrug and give her a hard look "You act like this was my fault ma" She shakes her head, "If you truly loved him. you would forgive him. And go back home. You have a family to raise, all this petty high-school crap is not gonna cut it" Kade, blows a spit bubble and it pops in my eyes. "Eww.. gross kade" I mutter. "Toni" she makes my name a question again. "What. Ma. What do you want me to say" She sighs and says in a serious tone "I want you to say 'yeah ma i'm going grow the hell up'. And man up. Stop running away from the problems and solve them!" She shouts angrily. I was stunned, my mom was never one to cuss. "Fine. Ma. fine"

I stare at the phone, before dialing his number. He picks up on the second ring. "Hello" he sounds terrible, I hesitant, "Hello?" he says again. I sigh

"I-it's me"

"Toni?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Do you how good it is to hear your voice?"

I don't know if I should be happy, or sad. I smile slightly "I want to see you kenneth. To talk things through" He sighs with relief "Oh god Toni yes. I missed you so much. Where are you?" I brush the curtains away from the window and stare blankly at the brightly lit hotel Inn sigh. "I'm at a hotel Inn.. It's on Emerson and Merdian." He chuckles lightly and it came out hoarse. "I'll be there" I nod slightly even though he can't see me. "I'll be waiting"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!!