Status: 10 stars. 540 readers 22 subscribers (Thanks a shit ton, everyone]

You Know I Still Get Lost in Your Eyes

I just wanna save you

Image

I open my eyes terrified because I could barely breathe, my eyes darting frantically back and forth before they finally adjusted to the darkness of the night. I push my palm down and squeeze it on whatever I was laying on, feeling something soft and warm underneath and I sit myself up slightly. Finding Brandon lying underneath me, his breaths slow, even and deep. I freaked out for a minute, patting myself before doing the same to him in hopes that both our clothes were on. And let out a light sigh in relief when it turns out we both do.

His hand shifts to the small of my back and he pushes me softly back down but I resist, his eyes still closed. “Good back to sleep, Toni. You are so warm” I blush a little at his words and move myself further away from him, shaking my head even though he couldn’t see me. “I-I have to go” I told him with a light shutter. I didn’t expect to fall asleep on his chest so now it was just a little awkward. Brandon sits up, brushing the hair away from his eyes.

“Toni, come on. You know I can’t let you go home yet. Do you want to talk to Ryan? He’s upstairs in the apartment?” I nodded my head quickly, as he gives me a confused look. “What’s the matter Toni?” I shook my head lightly realizing that I was just overreacting, so I let out a breath and give him a small smile. “Sorry” I tell him “Bad dream” It was lie, but by the look on his face told me that he obviously bought it so he smiled back. Yawning once more before swinging his feet over the edge, wrapping his arm around me and steering us towards the stairs the lead to the Ryan’s apartment upstairs. I groaned as we trudged our way up the stairs, allowing his head rest on my shoulder after each step. He smiled and rolled his eyes. “Lazy ass” I roll my eyes and sneer at him “Whatever bitch! I’m the one who is basically carrying your heavy ass up the stairs” He lets out a husky chuckle as I roll my eyes. “And you have the nerve to call me lazy!” This just made him laugh more and I sighed again, finally making it to Ryan’s apartment.

“Oh! In your face! Rub it in! Rub my goddamn victory juice allll over your face” I hear Chris voice yell out in happiness, and when we enter the living room, the television flashing the black ops resume menu while he is pretending to ejectate all over Ryan’s blank and annoyed face. Which causes me and Brandon to both burst out in laughter. Chris stopping aburtly, bringing his hand up to itch the back of his neck awkwardly before dropping his hand beside him. His smile drops once he sees the darkening scar on my cheek and walks over towards me slowly. Touching it lightly with his fingertips making me flinch back. His eyebrows are pulled together in confusion and slight anger, as he glances over his shoulder momentarily asking Ryan in a strangled tone. “Nixon did this?” My smile drops as well as I avert my eyes to the ground and when he turns back to face me I nod slowly as well. “Idiot” He mutters under his breath, shaking his head as he walks over towards the couch and plops himself back down on the couch.

“So, I take it Toni and Kade is staying here with big brother Ryan eh?” My eyes widened. Kade. “Where is Kade?” I asked them anxiously, glancing around slightly. Ryan sighs and runs his hand through his hair. “Kenneth has her, when we got to your mother’s house she said that Kenneth had already come to grab her for you.”

That’s when I freaked out

and it clearly displayed on my face.

My breathing had quickened, as I glanced around once again frantic. “We have to get her” I started my voice was calm but my eyes were wild. “What if he hurts her to, I’ll never know what to do” My chest tightened at the image of him smacking her and I had begun to feel light-headed and my vision had begun to blur slightly as well. I couldn’t breathe

I couldn’t…

Ryan shook my shoulders gently, telling me in a calm voice to breathe in and out slowly with Brandon patting my back lightly. “Breathe toni, you’re giving yourself a panic attack stressing like this” His calm voice told me as I attempted to focus on only breathing softly. “She’s fine. Knowing Kenneth he wouldn’t hurt his own kid” I hear chris click his tongue against his teeth. “We don’t know that. If he’s hitting Toni here, who knows what he’ll do now” Ryan snapped his head over towards his direction and gave him a hard glare. “Are you trying to help? Or are you trying to make things worse?” Chris just shrugged his shoulders lightly. “Neither, I’m just telling her the truth. There’s no point in lying to her” Ryan’s narrowed eyes grew sharper as he said through clenched teeth.“Shut up chris, she doesn’t need that right now either” Finally I was calm, leaning over slightly on brandon’s chest and taking deep breaths until it returned to normal. Brandon smiled comforting at me as he told me in the same gentle tone Ryan had. “We’ll get her tomorrow Toni, if that makes you feel better. Just know that she is in the best hands, Kenneth won’t touch a hair on her head, okay?” I wasn’t convinced, but for right now I was glad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha. She was sleeping on him O.o