Status: 10 stars. 540 readers 22 subscribers (Thanks a shit ton, everyone]

You Know I Still Get Lost in Your Eyes

With hopes and dreams undone, when did we stop having fun?

Image

I played with Kade’s curl lazily; wrapping the soft brown silk around my finger making her smile and giggle at me with her thumb in her mouth. Her bright brown eyes reflecting into mine. God, she reminded me so much of Toni. We were both lying on the bed, Kade on her back laying close to me, while I lay on my stomach smiling back at her widely and wrapping another curl around my second finger. “I looovvee you, kade” I cooed at her lovingly, making her giggle and close her eyes lazily. “I wuv ya da” I watched as her eyes fluttered close lightly, the sucking on her thumb creased as it slowly slide from her slightly parted lips. I grinned and kissed her cheek lightly, grabbing her favorite cover and pulling up to her chest. I enjoyed the silence for a moment, bathing in her joyful radiation, because by now I knew Toni was freaking out and it was best if she stayed sleep so we could talk this through.

I sit up and run my fingers through my hair, Toni had to forgive me. She knew I just overreacted and we’ll talk about it once she comes home. That night over Ryan’s house cooled her down and I know that she’s fine now. I lie close to kade again and wrap my arm around her protectively; she was my own little piece of Toni that I could hold and smile at whenever I felt horrible. I start to doze off which feels like I only have for a minute or two, losing myself in my thoughts until a knock on the door wakes me right back up. I yawn and glance over at the clock which reads me.

11:20

Damn, I curse under my breath. Bringing myself to my feet and trudging towards the door tiredly. I hadn’t realized it was that late. Before I answer the door I fix myself up, making sure I was looking okay before facing that beautiful woman, I smile slightly at my reflection and mutter to myself in encouragement. “You can fix this, you can fix this” I told myself repeatedly before turning onto my heel and turning the knob to find Luke, Ryan, and Chris staring at me instead of Toni. I tense up, standing on the tip of my toes and looking over their shoulder my eyebrows pulling together. “Where’s Toni?” I asked settling back down on my feet before staring them questionly back in the face. Ryan just shook his head and in an angry tone spat at me “Where do you think, Nixon?” I felt my jaw clench up at his aggressive tone. I roll my eyes, shrugging my shoulders and answering him in the same angry tone. “Hmm... I don’t know? I think that was the goddamn reason I was asking you, smart ass”

Ryan’s nostrils flared as he glared at me angrily, I glanced down as both of his hand clenched tight at his sides and I grinned at his boldness leaning over and asking him in a mocking tone. “What the hell is your problem anyway, Ry-ry?” His eyes grew wild with anger and he shrugged hardly. “Hmm… I don’t know. Yesterday I watched you bitch slap your wife in front of me!”

Without me realizing it, I had my fist cocked back Luke standing in between me and Ryan now. “She knows I didn’t mean to! You think I wanted to hit her!?” I spit out at him viciously. His voice is higher than mine as he shouts loudly, Chris holding him still in an iron grip headlock as he squirms around angrily, trying to break through and hit me. “Whatever it wouldn’t have been the first time, you didn’t even have the guts to apologize to her! All you did was run away like a little bitch Nixon!” Chris sighs, using his strength to spin Ryan away from us and steer him back to the car. I shove myself away from Luke and glare up at him once he shook his head, making me instantly irritated as well.

“Well!”

I shouted at him when he didn’t say anything. He puts his hands up in surrender, flashing me a small smile before telling me in a calmed tone. “We just came here to get Kade, Toni freaked out when she didn’t see her and had almost like a fricking panic attack worrying about her, okay?” I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion and anger when I tell him, the anger still radiating off my words. “Well then why didn’t she show up instead, I wanted to see her! Why didn’t she come!?” I was growing angrier and angrier by the second. Luke just shoved his hands into his pockets, glancing over his shoulder briefly watching as Chris rejoins his side before turning back towards me. “We made her stay, Nixon. She’s terrified of you hitting her again” He said to me, catching the end of our conversation immediately. I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest. “No, she knows I didn’t mean it. She was suppose too come over so we can talk about it”

Chris gave me a disbelief look as his face scrunches up in irritation, “And who told you that Nixon, she’s terrified of you. Did you not get that, she wants to stay at Ryan’s until you get your shit together” My fist clenched tighter together even through the material . “No..” I hissed out through clenched teeth “What shit do I have to get together huh? This is between us, not you. Not Ryan. Not anyone else” Chris just shook his head “It involved us when you thought it was okay to backhand her in front of us” I rolled my eyes. “I thought we were past this point, I say I didn’t mean to.. It just kinda.. Happen!” I repeated to them once again, shaking my head before chuckling out lightly. “We’ll then you’re shit outta luck, Chrissy-poo. I want to see Toni, and unless I do Kade is going nowhere. Now…” I clicked my tongue against my teeth, leaning my back against the doorframe “Now, I love you guys, but like I’ve said before this has nothing to do with you. Tell toni, if she wants Kade then her being the loving mother she is, she will come and get her.” I smirked and waited patiently, the silence shadowing over us before finally they realized how serious I was and gave up.

Luke letting out a deep sigh irritated, before turning onto his heel and stalking away. Chris shakes his head at me. “Fine, but don’t think we won’t be in the parking lot waiting for her to walk out with no bruises, understand?” I simply nodded, the happy grin still plastered on my face, waving softly as chris walks to the car and they drove off into the night. I smirked once again, turning onto my heel and walking back into the house closing the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shittt!!!
Kenneth is being an ass..