Status: Starting up

Dirty Little Secret

Matt

The light was shining in through the crack in the curtains of Matt and Val’s room waking him up from a less than sound sleep. The events that took place in the past week were enough to keep anyone up at night. He just didn’t know how to process all of the things that were going on in his life. His wife hadn’t come back from her sister’s house and Brian was checking on him ever so often, but mostly he was alone in a huge house with nothing to do.

He had had plenty of time to think through everything that he had said to her and he had finally come to the decision that it wasn’t allhis fault. She could have talked though with him more instead of getting all pissy like she usually did and throw a fit. He was tired of trying to put up with all of her shit and he was ready for a change.

Maybe he didn’t love her as much as he thought he did.

5 Years Ago
“You know I love you right, Matt?”

“Of course sweetie” He had said as he kissed her on the forehead. Even though she had been saying it for the last 6 months, he still had yet to even say it back to her let alone say it on him own behalf. Valery was one to jump into things without thinking about the long run and she was the only person that Matt had ever dated. Not to say that he couldn’t get another girlfriend, he was fucking Matt Sanders for crying out loud, but he was the type of guy that needed solid attention and random girls didn’t do that for him.

So, Valery and Matt went through high school in an on again off again relationship and when it was time to go off to college, there were decisions to make. He could either dump her and do whatever he wanted to with his life or marry her and become the person he truly was. The lead singer of his high school band Avenged Sevenfold with his four best friends. It’s obvious which one he picked. The only thing wrong with his plan was that he was counting on her hesitated instead of leaping into his arms and screaming yes…


That decision five years ago put him where he is now, in a marriage that is going downhill fast and two unhappy people. He laid in bed thinking about the past and what he was going to do with his future when the doorbell started to ring with a constant sound. He knew it was Jimmy; he was the only one that would ring a doorbell constantly just to annoy him.

He swung his feet over the side of his bed and made him way down the stairs to stop the insentient ringing. When he opened the door he was face to face with Jimmy with a shit-faced grin on his face. The only thing he could think was that he was in for a long morning.

“Hey Jim, what are you doing here,’ Matt checked his watch and saw that it was 7 am, “at seven fucking o clock in the morning!?”

“I thought you could use a good breakfast, Mr. I haven’t shaved in a week and I’m a bag of bones. Now out of my way.” He literally shoved past Matt and into his kitchen where he immediately started cooking whatever breakfast food was in the fridge. Matt shook him head and shuffled into the kitchen to sit at the counter so he could talk to his friend as he cooked in his own kitchen.

“So Jimmy.”

“Ya?” He had just started the bacon and he was leaning against the post nest to the stove.

“What did you think I should do?” Out of all of his friends Jimmy was the best with advice.

“Well, if you’re talking about Val, I would have to ask you if you’re truly happy; and depending on the answer, I would either tell you to beg on your knees for forgiveness or tell her the truth and come up with an agreement.”

“You’re telling me to get a divorce!!!” What the fuck Jim.

“No, you came to that conclusion which means you’re not happy. Then depending on that level of unhappiness the yes I suggest getting a divorce. You’re not getting any younger and you deserve to be happy.”

Matt just stared at him in bewilderment. He just didn’t know what to say. Val was the only woman he had ever loved, the only person that had all of him and knew everything about him. Maybe that was their problem.

“What am I supposed to do then? She is the only person I’ve ever been with and I don’t want to lose a friend just because my marriage went south.” After all Brain was married to Matt’s wife’s sister.

“Brian won’t hate you, he might be disappointed but he’s married to Michelle, not Valery. And besides he would have his own wife to deal with if you decide to do through with this.” Jimmy always seemed to be able to talk things through with him so he was able to grasp one of the hardest decisions he would ever have to make in him life.

The only thing that Matt had to say about Jimmy was that he was going to make a great dad. And about the Valery situation, it took him three years to sat ‘I love you’ so it an easier decision than he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it seems REEEEAALLY fast for him to get a divorce but in reality he is realising that he never really loved her, just loved the thought of being with somone.