Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

Home Sweet Home

Before the start of the chapter, I want to say thank you to Jayla1231, mrssidneycrosby, devilsfan302617 and RayNicFar17 for their comments. Ray was the only who knew, besides me, who the mystery guest from last chapter was before it was posted so she couldn't guess. Devilsfan302617 guessed right first, but Jayla1231 and mrssidneycrosby also guessed correctly. It was Marc Staal. I couldn't resist putting him in. :)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Image

Haley spent the rest of her trip to New York trying to forget about Tony. He didn’t deserve her tears but there was a part of her that knew she couldn’t forget about the two years that brought her to where she was right now. On Saturday, she thanked the couple that let her stay the night and took a cab to the closet hotel and booked a room for the night, she needed to get out of that apartment building, and they understood that. Haley spent Saturday in her room mainly thinking about how she didn’t see that Tony was a douche but her thoughts would stray from Tony to Sidney and what Jordan had said to her on Alex’s birthday. Could a relationship with Sidney actually work? Did she like him like that? By the time she got on the plane on Sunday, she had figured something out, in the few months that she had known Sidney, he had wormed his way into her heart and became someone very important to her and now that Tony wasn’t in the picture, she realized that Tony was right about something, she did have feelings for Sidney. When she reached her layover in Baltimore, she called Sidney asking him to be at her apartment when she got back. He told her, he would be there as soon as he could. When Haley got back to her apartment, all she wanted to do was talk to Sidney but she forgot one thing, her roommate and best friend lived with her and Alex’s boyfriend, Jordan freaking Staal would be there.

Haley sighed when she saw Jordan sitting on the couch, and looked around for Alex but didn’t see her right a way, so headed slowly back to her room hoping to get to her room without any questions.

“How did it go?” Jordan asked with a smile.

“Fuck off Staal,” Haley said walking into her room. She still couldn’t believe that she wasted two years on that asshole, how could she have been so stupid.“I’m so stupid!”

"Who's ass am I kicking and why?" Alex asked getting straight to the point, like she does when she's pissed.

“Two years! Two years I wasted! He was cheating!” Haley said throwing the picture of Tony against the wall. “Some blond bimbo! I hate him! I hate this! GAH! Where is Sidney fucking Crosby? I called him hours ago!”

"He did what now?" Alex said, never thinking Tony would go through with it. “And why did you call Sidney?”

“Because I like him damn it!” She said sighing. “I like him and I just want him to hug me like a friend would and tell me that everything will be alright and that the next he goes to New York he’ll kick Tony’s ass.”

"Whoa," Alex said amazed that she was admitting all of this. "Um, Hale, Sidney's right behind you."

“Shit,” Haley said taking a deep breath. “Did he hear all of that?”

"Um, I think so," Alex said, smiling at Sidney

“Fuck,” Haley said. “He wasn’t meant to hear that.”

“I am still right here,” Sidney said causing Haley to laugh.

Jordan walked in, “So I heard something about kicking someone’s ass, can I do it?”

"Why don't we all do it?" Alex said, getting pissed once again.

“He isn’t worth it,” Haley said sighing. “He wasn’t worth the two years I gave him, he isn’t worth being upset over. I hate that I wasted so much time. I just so pissed that I didn’t see it. I’m such an idiot!”

“No,” Sidney said walking over to her and wrapping her in a hug. “He’s the idiot. You’re amazing and if he can’t see that than he’s the idiot. He let the best thing that will ever happen to him slip through his fingers. He’s the idiot not you.”

Alex tried hard not to, but she just had to say it, so she said, "Awe."

“Your such a sap Crosby,” Jordan said laughing. “Owe, what was that for?”

Haley smiled, she was glad she had such great friends, well she didn’t know what Sidney was to her but the other two were her friends, “Thanks for hitting him.”

"Of course. He deserved it too, since he's much more of a sap,” She said sticking her tongue out at Jordan

“I am not a sap, I’m a manly man,” Jordan puffing out his chest.

“Sure you are Staalsy, that’s why you’re on the bench,” Haley said sticking her tongue out at him.

Sidney laughed and looked at Haley than to Alex in a silent way of asking for a moment alone.

"Hey Jordan, why don't you show me that thing you were talking about earlier?"

“What thing?” He asked confused. “I didn’t want to show you anything.”

"Oh Jordan, just come on," Alex said, pulling him out of the room, and when she didn't move him much she said to him, "If you come with me, you will get a surprise"

“I like surprises,” Jordan said following Alex out of the room.

Sidney let go of Haley and closed the door then sat down on her bed. Haley bit her lip and sat down next to him. He placed a hand on her cheek and leaned in and kissed her. It was a simple kiss and said everything that he needed it. Haley closed her eyes, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed back. Her fingers interlocked in the curls that fell on his neck as the kiss intensified. Slowly she broke the kiss and looked at him, “Sid.”

“I know,” He said kissing her cheek. “Too soon.”

“Sid,” Haley said running her fingers through his hair. “I like you a lot but I just got out of a crappy relationship, I need time.”

Sidney smiled, the same smile that made Haley’s inside twist and butterflies erupt, “I know and I’m going to wait for you. When you’re ready, I’ll be ready.”

“You are perfect,” She said smiling and kissing his cheek.

He shook his head, “Far from perfect.”

Haley yawned, “You’re an amazing guy and I’m glad that I met you, Sid.”

Sidney kissed her softly and smiled lying down, “Let’s get some sleep.”

She laughed and placed her head on his chest and snuggled closer to him as Sidney wrapped his arms around her, “Thank you Sid.”

He kissed the top of her head, “You’re welcome and I’ll kick his ass for you.”

She laughed and snuggled closer to Sidney and slowly started falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so for those of you out there are waiting for Sid and Haley to get together, you are going to have to wait a little bit longer. She did just get out a relationship, a horrible one but still. Well, I hope you liked it let me know please and thank you :)