Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

Be Mine

Image

It had been a little over three weeks since Haley and Tony broke up and ever since then Sidney and Haley had been getting closer, something that made both Sidney and Haley extremely happy. Everyone already though they were dating, and even had to have a talk with Dan about having a relationship in a working environment and even though they weren’t dating they made a promise to Dan that they would keep their personal life out of work place. Haley smiled at that memory, and how red both her and Sidney had turned when Dan started talking to them about their relationship. She smiled as she straightened out her dress. It was a simple white dress that she paired with her favorite ankle boots. Haley had curled her hair in loose ringlets before walking out into the living room where Alex was waiting for her.

“What do you think? Is this good enough for dinner with Sid tonight after the game?” She asked doing a spin.

“You look amazing,” Alex said smiling.

Haley slipped Sidney’s jersey on before looping her arm through Alex’s, “I feel bad for Jordy. He was almost back and then the puck hits his hand and broke it.”

“I know. He was soo disappointed,” Alex said frowning.

“Sid said that this injury will keep him out for at least a month,” Haley said sighing. “Jordan wants to be back for the winter classic.”

“I’m sure he’ll be back by then,” Alex said hopefully.

“How are things between the two of you?” Haley asked wondering how this set back affected their relationship.

“We’re good. He hasn’t last out at me or anything,” Alex said smiling a little. “To be honest we’ve actually gotten closer.”

Haley smiled as they got to Consol Energy Center, “I’m glad cause if he was treating you bad, I’d kick his butt.”

“I think he’d kick his own ass,” Alex said laughing.

“At least you don’t work with him,” Haley said laughing. “You should have seen Sid’s face when Dan called us into his office, and we aren’t even dating.”

Alex laughed, “What did he do?”

“Sid kind of freaked,” Haley said laughing as they sat down next to Vero. “I think he was afraid that Dan was going to get upset and I’d lose my job.”

“What would he have thought that?” Alex asked. “Hey Vero.”

“Bonjour,” Vero said smiling.

“Because Dan thought we are dating,” Haley said rolling her eyes.

“Just give it time you will be,” Vero said smiling. “Marc-Andre says you’re all Sid talks about. That boy is smitten, my friend .”

“He is,” Alex said smiling.

“Oh shush you two,” Haley said blushing. “I’ve dropped hints for about a week that I’m ready and nothing has happened. So I don’t know.”

“You’re going out with him tonight! What more do you want?” Alex said laughing.

“Commitment,” Haley said without hesitation. “To know that I’m the only one he’s taking out.”

“Well don’t give up hope yet sweetie,” Alex said.

Vero giggled, “You and Sid will be amazing together.” She turned to Alex. “How is Gronk holding up? Marc-Andre says he won’t talk to him. Poor Baby.

“He’s doing okay but hates that he can’t play and help the team,” Alex said frowning.

“Explains why he won’t talk to Marc-Andre about it,” Vero said nodding. “Marc-Andre is worried about him. Jordan is like an annoying little brother to him. Can you try to get him to talk to Marc-Andre please?”

“I talk to him about it. He needs them just as much as they all need him. So him refusing to talk about it with them is hurting him too,” Alex said looking down at where Jordan was sitting.

Jordan looked up at her and gave her a wave and small smile. Vero smiled at the scene,

“I’m glad he found you. You’re good for him. I don’t think I’ve seen him this happy, since they won the cup.”

Haley smiled, “They are pretty adorable together. Even if he is a giant.”

“He’s amazing,” Alex said smiling.

Haley rolled her eyes as the game began and all talk of the boys ceased. She focused solely on the game, watching players do their job. Every once in a while, Haley would focus mainly on Sid and make sure he was okay. By the end of the first period the game was still 0-0 but everything changed in the second period when Dupuis and Goligoski scored making it 2-0 Penguins. In the third period, Talbot, Sid and Engelland scored and so did Stamkos of the Lighting making the final score 5-1 Penguins. Haley was happy, not only did Sidney score but also the Penguins won, which meant Sid, would be happy at dinner, and that was always a plus. She bid a good night to the girls and headed to meet him, slipping out of his away jersey in the process and giving it to the equipment managers who getting ready to pack up for the game tomorrow against the Thrashers in Atlanta, which meant her and Sid wouldn’t be out too late because he had to catch the team plane in the morning. She smiled and waited for him to exit the locker room, it was becoming a normal thing for them to do, go out to eat together after a game, it was routine. Haley’s eyes went to the door of the locker room when it opened and her smile grew when she saw Sidney, who smiled back at her and walked over.

“You were amazing out there tonight,” Haley said giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Sid smiled and kissed her softly, something he just started doing, “Thanks, you look amazing.”

Haley blushed and grabbed Sid’s hand, “Let’s blow this joint.”

Sidney smiled as Haley interlaced their fingers, they weren’t official yet but Sidney was planning on changing that very soon. The walk to the restaurant was quite, but it didn’t bother them, they just enjoyed each other’s company. Once at the restaurant, they sat down at their normal table and waited for the waitress to come over and when she did, Haley could tell she had eyes for Sidney and it made her jealous. It was the thing she hated most about going out on town with Sidney, he was the object of a lot of girls fantasies and it bugged her when they tried to flaunt themselves at Sidney. She let out a huff of air after the waitress left.

“What’s wrong?” Sidney asked grabbing her hand.

“I don’t like when they do that,” She said frowning.

He looked at her confused, “Who do what?”

Haley rolled her eyes, “The girls, every time we go out, they’re all over you and most of them are ten times hotter than me.”

“You’re wrong,” Sidney said smiling. “No one is hotter than you.”

“That’s not true,” She said blushing. “There are plenty of girls hotter than me.”

Sidney sighed, “Haley, I don’t care about those other girls. They could throw themselves at me naked and I wouldn’t care because I only have eyes for one girl and that is you.”

“Really?” Haley asked biting her lip.

“Yes really,” He said squeezing her hand. “I was planning on doing this later but I guess now is better than any other time. Haley, I like you a lot and I promised to wait to I thought you were ready to ask you this, will you be my girlfriend?”

Haley smiled and leaned over the table and kissed him softly, “Yes.”

They smiled at each other, finally making what everyone already saw official felt right. The rest of dinner was uneventful after they, they just talked and held hands and stole kisses here and there. Haley couldn’t remember a time where she was happier with the way her life was going. She had great friends, an amazing family and a great boyfriend. It felt right and nice to call Sidney that. By the time she got home, she couldn’t wipe the smile off her face, it truly was the best night she had in a long time. Before departing back to his place for the night Sidney had given her a good night kiss and told her he’d call when they got into Atlanta. Haley nodded and kissed him back before walking into the apartment and plopping down on the couch by Alex with a smile and sigh.

"So, how did it go?” Alex asked.

“He asked me to be his girlfriend,” Haley said with a smile. “But that’s all you’re getting because I need to get to bed and I’m sure he already told you, what he was doing before hand.”

"What?" Alex asked, faking innocent. "He did no such thing! And didn't get ANY ideas from me!"

“Sure,” Haley said rolling her eyes. “But just so you know Sidney Crosby is officially off the market. Good night.”

"Good night," Alex said smiling at her best friend.

Haley gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek before heading to her room. She slipped into one of the shirts that Sidney had left at her apartment and fell back onto her bed with a smile on her face. It was official, she was Sidney Crosby’s girlfriend and she didn’t care who knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there you have it. Sid and Haley are finally together. Look for some Staalsy fluff next time. Let me know what you thought please. :)