Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

Flamin Hot Challenge

Image

Jordan Staal wasn’t used to this. He wasn’t used to tracking down a girl. Normally girls just found him, a puck bunny; whatever you wanted to call it but Alex was different. She was gorgeous and seemed to hate him or be annoyed with him and that annoyed him. She really shouldn't believe what she hears about him. So, he decided that he was going to prove that he was different. Jordan sat down in her section of the bar and waited for her to come to him. He would keep doing this as long as it took for her to at least get to know him. No matter how long it took.

"Hello sir, what would you like to drink today?" Alex said, not looking up from her pad, as she finished writing down the last order she took.

“What type of soda do you have?” He asked with a small smile.

“Well, we have Pepsi products, so Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew...." Alex said finally looking up. "What are you doing here Staal?"

Jordan smiled, “Can’t a guy come to a bar after practice to chill out even if I didn’t practice much because of my leg rehab. I just want to relax. Didn’t know you’d be working tonight. Sid said you need a jersey for the first home game, I’d gladly let you wear mine.”

"I'm sure you didn't know I was working today," Alex said roller her eyes. "And like I told Sid last night, maybe I'm more of a Crosby fan than a Staal fan, ever think about that? Now to drink? I have more customers than you ya know"

He frowned, “Mountain Dew will work. Trying to cut back my drinking. I think Sid has a thing for Haley but you didn’t hear that from me and I really didn’t know you were working.”

"Well that's good to hear, drinking kinda sucks." Alex said, and then she went to turn in her orders and grab Jordan his drink. "I knew Sid had a thing for Haley last night, so it's nothing new for me."

“Then you should let her wear his jersey and you can wear mine,” Jordan said taking a sip of his drink. “Even if I won’t be playing.”

"I was going to. Just trying to deflate your head a bit." Alex said, walking away to take care of some of her other tables. She then came back to Jordan, "Would you like anything to eat tonight? Or are you just having Mountain Dew?"

Jordan looked at the menu, “Surprise me.”

Alex smirked and asked, "You're not allergic to anything are you Mr. Staal?"

“Just not being able to play hockey,” He said with a small smile.

Alex smiled as she went to turn in Jordan's order of a Flamin Hot Burger that had half a pound of meat, cheese, onions, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and her boss's secret, extra spicy sauce. Then she brought him a new Mountain Dew, and asked if there was anything else she could bring him.

“It would be nice to have company,” Jordan said smiling. “Do you have a break coming up soon? I’d like to get to know you.”

“Actually after you're done eating, I'm off for the night." Alex said, looking over to the kitchen to see if his dinner was done. Seeing as it was, she said, "I'll be right back." and went to get his burger. When she returned she stood up on a chair to be heard and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention. We have a brave man here who thinks he can beat the Flamin Hot Challenge! He has half an hour to finish this monster burger! If he wins, he gets to have his face on the Wall of Flame, AND his request of getting to know me will be taken up. Do you think he can do it?"

Jordan looked at her with a fire in his eyes. She had played him well and he was going to prove that he wasn’t one to be messed with, “I’m ready.” With that he cut the burger into slices and started eating. At first the burger wasn’t that bad, than it started to hit him and he slowed down before he knew it the half an hour was up and he lost. This wasn’t something he was used to. Sure the Pens lost but he never lost a challenge. Jordan looked at Alex who was smiling, “You play a good game. Just so you know, this doesn’t mean I’m going to stop. I’ll keep coming here until you agree to at least get to know me.”

"I hope you're ready for another lost challenge then Mr. Staal" Alex said as she gave him his bill and went to clock out, giving him plenty of time to get the money in order.

He waited till she came back out, “I don’t give up, it’s not the way I was raised. I'll shee you tomorrow, beautiful."

" Only if you're lucky, baby," Alex said in perfect French, surprising Jordan. And as she said this, she winked at Jordan and walked away to get his change. "Here's your change Mr. Staal," She said coming back with a ten-dollar bill

You speak French? Believe, I'll see you tomorrow,” Jordan said smiling. “ The only way to get rid of me is to get to know me.

"I speak French fluently, Mr. Staal," Alex said, then changed to English and asked, "What if I don't work tomorrow? What then Mr. Staal?"

“Then I come back the next day,” He said smiling. “Everyday until you agree to at least get to know me and at least be friends. I’m not asking you to date me. I just want a chance to prove what you have heard isn’t the truth.”

"Then we shall see Mr. Staal, we shall see." Alex said, hiding a smile, as she walked away from him, towards the door.

“I guess we shall,” He said to himself as she left. Alex wasn’t like the other girls he dated and that is what drew her to him. He wasn’t going to give up without a fight it wasn’t who he was. He was a fighter and he would fight for a chance, and when he got it, he would prove to her that he isn’t a bad guy after all. He took a deep breath and walked out of the bar, hailed a taxi back to his apartment. When he got back to his apartment, he turned the TV on and crashed with a small smile on his face. He was falling for this girl and whether he liked it or not she was changing him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I got reported, so I'm getting rid of the French and everything that is in Italics is now the French. Please let me know what you think. Like I said I have a lot of this story already written.