Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

The First Game of the Season

Image

The day had finally arrived after two weeks of waiting; it was the season opener and home opener. Jordan had kept his promise and had shown up almost everyday at Alex’s work but yesterday Tony and Haley had been there too. It was there that Jordan gave Alex his jersey to wear, just like Sidney had done earlier with Haley but that was yesterday and today, Alex, Tony, and Haley were headed to the game together, both Haley and Alex in Penguins gear and Tony in normal wear. He didn’t want to go to the game but he did want to make Hal happy. So, there the three of them were, sitting in their seats waiting for the game to start. Before the game started, Haley saw Jordan look up at them and smile. Haley nudged Alex, “I think you made Staal happy by wearing his jersey.”

"How do you know he was looking at us?" Alex asked, hiding a smile. "And besides, I'm not the only one wearing a Staal jersey."

“Alex, Staalsy purposely brought you his jersey, the one he wears when he is on the road and he comes into your work, just so he can see you. The boy likes you,” Haley said taking a sip of her beer.

"No he doesn't. He just wants to get to know me," Alex said, taking a sip of her Mountain Dew. She refused to drink beer. She got sick every time it neared her mouth.

“I don’t think he’d go through all this trouble for you to see that he isn’t what people make him out to be, if he didn’t like you,” Haley said giving her beer to Tony. She didn’t want the whole thing. She just wanted a sip and grabbed her water bottle. “Plus, I think you’d two would make a cute couple. You’re babies would be gorgeous.”

"Whatever, I'm not having this conversation here," Alex said, looking at Tony out of the corner of her eye. She couldn't believe Haley couldn't see him making flirty eyes with every girl out there!

The conversation stopped there and they just watched the game. Haley could tell that Jordan hated being on the bench and her heart reached out to him. The game was crazy, the Penguins were down most of the game and she was getting frustrated. When it looked like they were mounting a comeback, the time ran out and the game was over. They lost, 3-2 to the Philadelphia Flyers. Haley could see it on Sidney’s face and the rest of the team, they were disappointed and upset and all she wanted to do was give Sid a hug and tell him that it would be okay but she couldn’t. She gave a wave to him as he headed to the locker room and he nodded in her direction. Haley would deal with them tomorrow, she was determined to make them smile, if it was the last thing she had to do. Even if she had a feeling that getting a smile out of Sid would be the hardest, she wasn’t one to back down from a challenge. Then the group left and went back to Haley and Alex’s apartment. Haley would try her best to make the boys happy tomorrow but tonight she would spend the last night that Tony was here with him, cuddling and enjoying time alone that they wouldn’t get for months.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one is wicked short, but it was just to show Tony and the start of something new.