Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

The Phone Call from Hell

Image

Birthdays for Haley and Alex weren’t a big deal; they liked to spend them low key and just the two of them. They would spend the day together doing whatever the birthday girl wanted but today was different, Alex had class and work and Haley had work. So they made plans to do a girls day over the weekend, today they would do what they had to do, and have a small cake after the game but before all of that could happen, Haley had to make it through work, which was turning out to be harder than normal. There was something that was bothering her, something that she couldn’t place and to make matters worse, Jordan wouldn’t leave her alone. Today, it was like let’s annoy Haley to the best of our ability, and if he didn’t watch it she was going to hurt him. She was frustrated and just wanted the day to end when Tony called.

“Hey babe,” Haley said smiling. “How are you?”

“Hey gorgeous,” Tony said with a smirk. “How is your day going?”

She sighed, “It is going. Today is Alex’s birthday but I have to work and she has class and Jordan is driving me up the wall.”

He sighed, “Baby, I don’t want talk about those boys.”

“Well, those boys are a part of my life now,” Haley said rolling her eyes.

“Hey Hales,” Sidney said walking into the room, she held up a one minute finger.

“Who was that?” Tony asked frustrated. He didn’t like that she worked with hockey players. He worked with the Rangers, which meant he knew how they could get.

“Sid,” Haley said smiling. “We’re going to get some lunch, it’s an everyday thing we do, me and the boys.”

“You and the boys or you and Sidney?” Tony asked growing more frustrated and angry with each passing second. She was cheating on him, which wasn't allowed. She wasn’t allowed to date someone else, he could date whomever he wanted but she couldn’t.

“The boys,” She started confused as to why he sounded upset. “Normally, it is Sid, Jordy, Max, Flower and me.”

“So, you go out to lunch everyday with four guys?” He asked voice growing louder. “And you expect me to believe that you aren’t cheating on me with one of them.”

Haley closed her eyes and let out a sigh, “Tony, I would never do that. I would never cheat on anyone.”

Tony sighed, “No, I don’t know anything. The two years we’ve been together, you were here for most of it so I could keep an eye on you but now you’re in Pittsburgh. I know hockey players; just because you have a boyfriend doesn’t mean anything to them. I saw the way that Crosby kid looked at you, and fuck you were wearing his jersey.”

She sighed and closed her eyes, frustrated, “It isn’t like that. Sid is just a friend; a really good friend and so are any of the other guys. Tony, I’m with you, I love you, and I would never cheat on you.”

“I don’t believe that,” He said slamming his hand on his desk. “I’m not a fucking an idiot. I know that Alex doesn’t like me and even if you say that doesn’t matter to you, it does and eventually you will leave me because of it and even if you want to say that you don’t like Sidney, you fucking do and I know that and you want to be with him.”

“But that isn’t the point,” She started growing more frustrated as Jordan walked into the room too. “I am with you! That is the point, nothing else matters. I would never ever cheat on someone, no matter what I’m faithful to the person I’m with and until I’m not with them anymore, I won’t do anything with anyone else.”

“Yea,” Jordan said with a smile. “Even if Talbo tries too.”

“Who the fuck is Talbo?” Tony yelled.

Haley sent Jordan a glare, “Max Talbot, he is a flirt but it is nothing. I don’t like him like that. I wouldn’t do anything with him anyways.”

“Fuck you,” Tony said growing agitated. “I knew I shouldn’t have let you go. I should have made you stay.”

“You let me go?” Haley asked, her voice rising. “I went on my own accord. I wanted to leave; I wanted to move to Pittsburgh. Hell, I asked you to come with me but you couldn’t leave your job. I made the choice to leave, not you. You didn’t let me leave, and you sure as heel couldn’t have made me stay.”

Before Tony could reply to what she said, Sidney took the phone from her, he had a frustrated and angry look on his face, it was almost the same look he got when the team lost. “Now, listen here. I’m tired of you treating Haley this way. She deserves someone ten times better than you, someone who would trust her and know that she wouldn’t cheat on them. You’re a selfish asshole, who doesn’t deserve her and for some reason she has decided that you are worth her time and you should be grateful for that because it makes you the luckiest guy in the world. It’s about time you learned that.” He handed her back the phone and sat down in the chair across from her desk, with a sigh.

“What the fuck was that?” Tony asked his nostrils flaring he was pissed. “Nothing is going on between the two of you, huh? Haley, call me when you’re ready to come home.”

Tony hung up the phone before Haley could reply. She slammed her phone down on the hook and looked at Sidney. She was livid. How dare he talk to Tony even though what he said was sweet, he just ruined her relationship, “Get out. The both of you. Get out now!”

“Hales,” Sidney said looking at her sadly. “What about lunch?”

“I’ll figure something out but right now I don’t want to talk to you, or see you or anything. You just had to open your mouth, you couldn’t have been quite. Now, he is pissed at me and I have to figure out a way to get him to calm down and forgive me,” She said throwing her hands in the air.

Sidney and Jordan shared a look with each other, “He is the one that should be the one apologizing to you, not the other way around. He is the one that did something wrong, you haven’t done anything wrong.”

Haley shook her head, “Just leave, I don’t want you here. I don’t want to talk to you, I don’t want to see you. Just go.”

Sidney walked to the door and turned around, “Just so you know, I meant what I said to him, you deserve so much better.’

Jordan looked at her sadly, “He has a point.”

“Jordan,” She started counting backwards. “Go, I know you have something planned today for Alex, just go do that, even though it might get you killed.”

“I’m only going to say this once,” He said smiling. “Sid and you would be great together. Everyone sees it. Tony doesn’t treat you the way you should be treated and Sidney would. Don’t let you head get in the way of your heart. Tony doesn’t trust you, Sid would, Tony is an ass, Sid has his moments but most of the time he’s a great guy. Most importantly if you told Sid that you were faithful, he’d believe you. You deserve someone who trusts you. The most important thing in a relationship is trust.”

“Jordy,” Haley said smiling. “I love Tony and nothing will change that.”

He nodded, “Well, I’m going to go but don’t forget what I said.”

“Good luck Jordy,” She said smiling at him as he walked out the door.

She was finally alone but part of her wished she hadn’t sent Sidney a way but he had no right to say those things and what was Jordan going on about. Sure her and Tony had rough spots but they were great together. She closed her eyes and sighed, but what if Jordan was right, what if because he didn’t trust her the relationship failed and what did he mean about her and Sidney being great together. Haley sighed and got up, if she wasn’t going out with the guys, she needed to go get something to eat. She closed her office door and headed out. It was going to be a long evening; hopefully everything would go up hill from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is a lead up to the next chapter and something that happens later. Enjoy :)