Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

A Sad Ending to a Good Day

Image

When Haley saw Alex in Jordan’s jersey with a smile on her face, she knew that something big had happened. First when Jordan came back he was all smiles and now Alex was smiling too, “What happened? Did he finally tell you? Oh My God! He did!”

"Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you should ask him?" Alex said giggling a little then her eyes
went wide as she realized what she did.

“I did, he wouldn’t tell me that jerk,” Haley said sighing. “Fine, keep your secrets. I won’t give you your present then.”

"Alright, FINE I'll tell you. But you have to keep it to yourself!" Alex said, holding out her pinky.

“No,” Haley said shaking her head. “I’m sorry. I got into a fight with Tony and I took it out on you. I’m gonna give you your present no matter what. I just was upset. You and Jordan can have your secret when you’re ready to tell everyone then you can tell me.”

"Haley, you're my best friend, no you're my sister. I was just messing around with you!" Alex said pulling her into a hug. "What was the fight about?"

“Sidney,” She said frowning. “He thinks that something is going on between us.”

"And why would he think that?" Alex said, smiling.

Haley sighed, “Because Sid came into the room when I was on the phone with Tony, that started the fight because Tony thought I was cheating on him and then Sid had enough I guess and took the phone and told him off.”

"Well why haven't you gone to Tony and explained it all?" Alex said, frowning.

“I tried,” She said frowning. “But he doesn’t believe that I’m just friends with Sid and Sid told him that he’s lucky that I’m his girlfriend and if I was his girlfriend that he’d treat me ten times better than Tony did. That didn’t help. It was just a big mess. I’ll fix it tomorrow. Give Tony time to cool down. Then talk to Sid about watching what he says around Tony.”

Alex looked at Haley, "What if he doesn't believe you then? Are you gonna go and see him to fix it??"

“If I can get the time off yes,” She said sighing. “The next road trip looks like a good time. I don’t have a lot to do when they are on the road. So, ready for your present.” She pulled out a wrapped present; it was a long thin box like thing. Inside was a necklace; it had an A on it for Alex, than a B for Best and a penguin to represent Jordan.

Alex opened the box and just stared at it. "It's amazing Haley! Please tell me it didn't cost much though!"

“Let’s go watch your boy warm the bench,” Haley said changing the subject.

"He's not my boy," Alex said and then she mumbled, "Yet"

“Alex, that boy likes you,” Haley said looking down at Jordan on the bench who happened to look up at them the same time. “And you like him, wait, did you say yet? Okay, what happened today? I told him it was going to get him killed but he doesn’t listen. He comes back all smiley and happy, you’d think he won the lottery. What happened?”

"I know he does, he told me today. And yes I said yes." Alex said smiling down at Jordan's back, as they sat down. "It almost did get him killed, but I decided I was sick of messing with him, especially since he looked so hurt when I basically yelled at him."

“That’s because he most likely was. That boy has it bad for you,” Haley said sighing. “He was at his wits end trying to figure out how to get you to see that he wasn’t what people said and to give him a chance. Frankly, he was driving me insane.”

"I realized about a month ago that he wasn't like the stories. He even cut down on his drinking," Alex said. "He then told me that he liked me and what did he have to do to convince me of it and when he asked if he had to write it in the sky, he said he'd do it, but I told him he didn't have to, then told him to kiss me, and he did."

“He would you know,” Haley said laughing. “I’m going to go to New York. Screw calling Tony. The only way to fix this is to talk to him face to face.”

“I know he would, that's why I told him no. He doesn't need to do things like that for me, I like it simple." Alex said, smiling remembering the chocolate she received. "Go to him girl! It’s WAY better to fix things in person anyways. Do you want me to come with you?"

“No, I need to do this alone and you have school and Staalsy to worry about,” Haley said laughing. “Let’s enjoy the game.”

They did enjoy the game even if the Penguins lost 4-3. It was a sad lost but in the end they couldn’t pull it off and that frustrated Sid and everyone could tell. Haley felt guilty, wondering maybe if she hadn’t snapped at him, he would have been in a better mood and maybe they would have won. She had to make sure that he knew that she wasn’t mad at him before they left for the road trip but right now, she was going to go home and start packing for New York, she was going to fix her relationship with Tony if it was the last thing she did. Haley looped her arm through Alex’s arm as they left Consol Energy Center and headed back to their apartment to call it a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of the three chapter birthday saga. Thank you to everyone who commented, your the best :)